Home | About | Donate

'Never Again for Anyone': 36 Arrested As Hundreds of Jewish Protesters Block Road to Migrant Detention Center

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/07/01/never-again-anyone-36-arrested-hundreds-jewish-protesters-block-road-migrant

3 Likes

Now the question is , would these jewish demonstrators apply the same concern for the Palestinians ?

12 Likes

Excellent piece and a courageous group of people. One thing the article doesn’t mention is that the Elizabeth Detention Center is run for profit by CoreCivic…
http://www.corecivic.com/facilities/elizabeth-detention-center

11 Likes

Here i thought “never again” was just the chant they used to keep a marching beat while herding Palestinians off to their concentration camp.

6 Likes

Appalled that any kind of Detention Centers are allowed to exist in this Country!!! All because of an Anti-Semite Criminal we have for a President. This is a direct resemblance of Concentration Camps from the Holocaust, which happened while another Dictator was in power. “Never again” means exactly that, as theses Camps must be shut down. We could be the next ones in on of them soon enuf, if we don’t Act Now! … and No… this has Nothing to do with a Palestine State. The Holocaust happened before Palestine ever existed.

1 Like

I don’t remember hearing a peep from them when Pwesident Twump moved the US Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.

5 Likes

Actually no. The Balfour Declaration (1917) mentions a homeland for Jews “in Palestine.” One of numerous examples of maps being redrawn by fiat.

5 Likes

I bet they would, unlike a pessimistic hater. Give these people a break!

3 Likes

I wonder how the the US Holocaust Museum deals with the history of industrial alliances between the Third Reich and the US industrialists.

11 Likes

By not mentioning it at all, would be my guess. Ford and IBM, among others, probably wish the whole thing would blow over already.

4 Likes

This is great and I hope their consciousness will expand to include BDS and going to Palestine to protect Palestinian rights. Time to give "Next year in Jerusalem’ a whole new meaning.

4 Likes

The following is an article from 2015. My educated guess is that things have gotten exponential worse. Behind each ‘for profit’ detention center lurks a global $150bn Human Trafficking industry:

2 Likes

They’ve certainly had plenty of opportunity… crickets

1 Like

Trump’s Gen. Kelly is invested in the camp in Homeland, Florida near that last Dem. show. Good investment for Trumpers. Charge government at least $90 per day and give them rotten food and sleep on the floor. As for the Germans they also looted the Jews just as the Japanese lost what they owned before going into US camps in WWII. Trumpers know how to make a buck. Remember we could never take in all these people even if we used legal means to process asylum. Forget most of them have family in the US and the children have their names on their wrists ignored by the Trumpers. July 4th remember Lincoln and how he feels with Trump in his memorial planning for his second term as a form of Hitler like his German relatives.

2 Likes

could not be prouder of being a member of the tribe when our young stand up in solidarity for all peoples’ freedom. that’s what I was taught at well.

4 Likes

These people make me proud to be a Jew. And screw you Tarsus and your bullshit antisemitism. A lot of us are disgusted with what Israel is doing to the Palestinians, and we say it Have you ever listened to Amy Goodman? Are you a Christian? Do you want to be lumped with Pence and Falwell?

4 Likes

This group was just formed - so no they have not. Here are some Jewish organizations here and in Israel that are active in the fight for Palestinian rights:
If Not Now
Jewish Voice for Peace
Peace Now
Breaking the Silence
B’Tselem

6 Likes

The U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum rejected Ocasio-Cortez’s statement, saying the museum “unequivocally rejects efforts to create analogies between the Holocaust and other events, whether historical or contemporary.”

If the notion of “Never Again” means anything, the Holocaust Museum should be doing exactly the opposite. To ensure human dignity and human rights for all people, they should be highlighting the analogies between dehumanization and human rights violations during the holocaust and contemporary trends towards dehumanization and human rights violations.

3 Likes

Perhaps you missed this?

And Bend The Arc