Home | About | Donate

New California and National Polls Show Sanders Crushing 2020 Rivals Among Voters Under 45

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/12/11/new-california-and-national-polls-show-sanders-crushing-2020-rivals-among-voters

5 Likes

Bernie and Warren in 2020 for a landslide win.

5 Likes

Yes, because young people (screwed over by their parents and their horrible voting choices and this rotten and corrupt political system) are privileged enough to vote based on a candidate’s age, race and gender. Lets all assume they are all editors for the New York Times or have a show on MSNBC. Tell us, if identity mattered and if a young woman of color was the person with the most support, what would that candidate’s identity do to make it so that lead wasn’t in the water of children, or that 45,000 wouldn’t be killed by this healthcare system? Did Obama’s identity save the people of Flint? Maybe policy, a person’s record and their integrity matter.

Is it too much to ask people like you to actually put some thought into this type of stuff? Too busy with your privileged life to be bothered to think at all about why he has this support, or do you need to be functionally stupid so as to pretend to not understand this stuff?

Free everything, mind numbingly stupid and simple.

17 Likes

Trolls will Troll

6 Likes

Bernie and Stacy Abrams for he win!
And I’m over 65 years old

5 Likes

For the win

Yeah, but at least try to troll with some creativity. If I were a troll, I would at least try to make it quality trolling. Not the type of nauseating bourgeois and entitled ignorance I hear from the media the large corporations own, only a third rate version. If I want some nonsense richplaining from out of touch sociopaths, I can find much better quality than the bullshit above.

4 Likes

i’d rather one of the two stay in the senate (preferably warren).

5 Likes

Hi JoanRobinson:
Thank for that lovely term, " richplaining." : )

3 Likes

The national poll, N=1,500+ is meager, low cost sample.
Kindly pay careful attention to the higher quality state polls - particularly in midwest.

The democrats really need to enlist, draft,embrace the young people to join the party and be active. Otherwise, Trump wins.

http://crystalball.centerforpolitics.org/crystalball/articles/the-2020-electoral-college-our-first-look/

3 Likes

Where have all those “hippies” gone?!
My age group has lost its collective mind!!!

5 Likes

Lining up in Michigan and Illinois at the new pot shops.

GREAT! Then they will come over to Bernie!

2 Likes

I witnessed a youthful rebellion against the Vietnam War. When I turned 18, they used a lottery system to determine which young men were drafted to go to a very unpopular war. Fortunately, my birth date came in at #339 out of 365 and I didn’t have to go. Now in my youthful old age, I’m watching another rebellion take shape, one that is much more important. I am so glad to see these young people put pressure on the powerful into doing the right thing.

12 Likes

I’m old. Please someone please explain the appeal of Joe Biden. Most progressive web sites I read/watch say the “appeal” is that Joe makes them (the old crowd who love him ) comfortable that he will not rock the boat too much. Is that really it? Do they really want to return to THE OBAMA YEARS that gave us Trump? Sad.

8 Likes

I am a retired woman who supported Bernie in 2016 and am doing so again. Maybe I am just young at heart???

17 Likes

Funny story(?): I had a low “lottery” number but didn’t pay any attention because I had enlisted (brainwashed by John Wayne movies). Well, I had been in Vietnam for several months when I got a letter forwarded to me by my mother. Guessed yet? Yep I was drafted!

1 Like

They’re in states Trump should, or will, win. S. Carolina being the big one. As Molly said, " Everyone in the Old Confederacy is conservative ".
Hell, they can’t figure out the federal roads they drive on are for the public; really, they think it’s shorthand for republican national roads. And, no one has ever tried to explain the difference, either.

1 Like

I think a lot of that supposed support for Biden coming from older people is just the media wanting the people to believe he getting a lot of support from older people.

4 Likes

The analysis that is believable to me is there is no appeal beyond name recognition. The number of people paying attention who would see his terrible performances at debates or other appearances is a small percentage of people polled so they are just getting a response to the effect of oh yeah - Joe, things weren’t so crazy then (for them at least) and I don’t know enough about anybody else.

I desperately hope this changes soon as the highest percentage second choice for Biden people is Sanders.

2 Likes