Home | About | Donate

New Campaign Demands 'Not One Penny' More In Tax Cuts for Rich

New Campaign Demands 'Not One Penny' More In Tax Cuts for Rich

Julia Conley, staff writer

Republican lawmakers who are up for re-election in 2018 are the targets of a new ad campaign by progressive groups behind the Not One Penny campaign, attacking the Republican tax reform plan as being a giveaway for lawmakers' wealthy donors.

Watch:

Unfortunately politicians are not moved by demands as much as they are by large campaign “contributions”.

So where is this ad? Some progressives are fighting back?If only--------SUPPORT THE COMMONS

Identify and boycott the one percenters’ businesses. Economic strangulation is the only viable choice in reining in the capitalist elite and their political stooges. My congressman is John Faso (NY 19). He is a political stooge of the Mercers.

Well, I’m one who won’t settle for “Not One Penny More” in tax cuts. I believe the taxes for the rich should be INCREASED, not continued as the status quo, to pay for needed programs. The wealthy can be taxed by increasing their tax brackets instead of stopping at 39.6%. Simply, all taxes should be collected to benefit all citizens. Because of a few courageous legislators, Trump’s health care failed. Let’s try our utmost to make sure that no more tax cuts for the rich are allowed, too. (That would drive Trump nuts, too.). If you aren’t registered to vote, do it right now. Write your Republican and centrist Democratic legislators and tell them that if they vote to give more tax cuts to the rich, you and your friends will make sure they are not re-elected.

Elections to the United States Senate will be held on November 6, 2018, with 33 of the 100 seats in the Senate being contested in regular elections whose winners will serve six-year terms from January 3, 2019, until January 3, 2025. Currently, Democrats are expected to have 23 seats up for election along with 2 independents who caucus with them. Republicans are expected to have 8 seats up for election. The seats up for election in 2018 were last up for election in 2012, although some seats may have special elections if incumbents die or resign, as has already happened in Alabama. Democrats gained a net 2 seats in the 2016 Senate elections. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_elections,_2018

All 435 seats in the United States House of Representatives and 33 of the 100 seats in the United States Senate will be contested. 39 state and territorial governorships and numerous other state and local elections will also be contested. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_elections,_2018

This is something we can all do. Check your Senate and House representatives for their stands on taxes for the wealthy and write a letter. Those “sign a petition” emails just don’t seem to make much of a difference with legislators, so a letter is better. Every letter also represents 3 to 8 constituents who believe the same way:

http://vault.sierraclub.org/planet/199510/power.asp

AMEN, Annie!     Return to Eisenhower-Era Pro$perity?   —   Return to Eisenhower-Era TAX RATE$!!!

Bet many folks did not know tax rates were so high under Eisenhower:

Dwight D. Eisenhower
Marginal Tax Rate on Regular Income over $400,000: 92% - 91%

Maximum Tax Rate on Long-Term Capital Gains: 25%

Currently, the Maximum Tax Rate on Regular Income = 39.6% and the Maximum Tax Rate on Long-Term Capital Gains = 20%

https://www.fool.com/retirement/2016/12/11/long-term-capital-gains-tax-rates-in-2017.aspx

I remember being laid off from the aeronautics industry in 1991 when the “Luxury Tax” was in effect to punish the “rich”. They did what other businesses do when overtaxed an sales are driven down. They laid off their work force. It took me 8 years to recover from that. Please don’t put me through that again… I am too close to retirement.

On the whole, the economy for all improves when taxes are balanced out. If they won’t tax wealth at a proper fair rate to pay back to the society that luckily bestowed upon them their largess, then it needs to be taken out at the spending level, and punitively so, since the rich can’t possibly spend all that they are claiming for their compensation for the ‘work’ they do. I was laid off in '05 from the same industry and found another better paying job almost immediately. Nobody is singling you out for special punishment, but if the money isn’t collected from one area, it must be made up in another. I believe we need to stop taxing labor and start taxing wealth, and have long advocated for a return to Eisenhower era taxes to pay for the wars! The richest will still be the richest, they’ll still have money they can’t ever spend, but the rest will have more better paying jobs that make our society and environments places that folks will thrive in, not just eke out a survival within.
Return to Eisenhower-Era Pro$perity? — Return to Eisenhower-Era TAX RATE$!!!