Home | About | Donate

New Evidence that Half of America is Broke

New Evidence that Half of America is Broke

Home Page Author: 
Paul Buchheit

"Happy Monday! S&P 500 now up 10% for year" CNN Money
"Third-quarter U.S. economic growth strongest in 11 years" Reuters

I've been saying this for a long time, it's not news to anyone who has been paying attention over the past 20 years or more. But will the Dem cheerleaders listen? Will they wake up to reality? I doubt it.

Had i not known that the I article was talking about America I would have thought that it was a report on Greece. The US have an opportunity here: they should show the world how their presumed leadership in sciences and technology can lead to a non violent revolution for a truly just and free society. Clearly the current US legal and economic system can not be a model for other countries in the workd.

From “The True Believer: Thoughts on the Nature of Mass Movements” by Eric Hoffer (1951) “If free enterprise becomes a proselytizing holy cause, it will be a sign that its workability and advantages have ceased to be self-evident.”

Why is it that the jobs with the most social utility

So often are those with the most income futility?

One answer to this question is to provide a concrete and indisputable view as to where US interests lay.

The article mentions how the wages of home health care workers, a service that only the least compassionate of us would consider vital to society, are among the lowest paying jobs in America. Well, what I have seen in the county where I live is an immoral resistance to raising their wages or even providing health care insurance to these workers by the county government which is the primary employer of many of these workers. While other county employees receive very generous pay, health care, and retirement benefits, these workers are treated worse than second class citizens. Unfortunately, there is also a divide amongst the so-called middle class with regards to equitable pay and benefits with the "lucky" ones getting the cushy "permanent" jobs while the rest are left to fight for the crumbs. Here are some links to several articles illustrating this point:
County offers home care workers 10 percent raise
smdailyjournal.com/articles/lnews/2015-01-27/county-offers-home-care-workers-10-percent-raise/1776425137321.html
San Mateo County supervisors will vote Tuesday on whether to boost the pay for home care workers by 10 percent, far below the $15 an hour union members have been fighting for since its contract expired in June. The Board of Supervisors will consider raising the pay for In-Home Supportive Services workers from $11.50 an hour to $12.65 an hour for the remainder of the year after union members approved the memorandum of understanding Monday afternoon.

Do the right thing for Humboldt County homecare workers
times-standard.com/20130227/do-the-right-thing-for-humboldt-county-homecare-workers

In-home careworkers receive $1 raise over three years
times-standard.com/general-news/20130515/in-home-careworkers-receive-1-raise-over-three-years-supes-oppose-rodenticide-sales-use

Good case subject:

I'm 50, degree in accounting from a top school, 20+ years of IT experience, used to be Exec VP and CIO, software architect at Morgan Stanley and Law.com. Series 7/63/55, trading background.

My cash is $1000.
My assets are -$2000.
My net worth is -$4000.