Home | About | Donate

New Local Lawsuit Challenges 'Violent and Unlawful' Attacks on Portland Protesters by Trump's Secret Police Force

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/07/21/new-local-lawsuit-challenges-violent-and-unlawful-attacks-portland-protesters-trumps

1 Like

Thank you People of PortIand-----and to the Unitarian Church people too.
Hmmm, interesting and I Iike what was pointed out that the Fed have authority of the building—but not over the Protesting PeopIe.
Besides, Oregon has a wonderful motto:
“AIis VoIat propriis,” = " She flies with her own wings."
So Get The HeII Out, you disgusting federal goons!

5 Likes

I’m no legal scholar, but one might need to read the fine print on the NDAA that Obama so eagerly signed back in the day when he gave the middle finger to the citizens of the USA. I believe there was some language in it that might make this all legal in some terrible manner. I believe there was a provision that in effect did away with the Posse Comitatus Act as well.

3 Likes

Trump is really only a nasty ‘Chucky’ puppet faux-Emperor ‘acting’ as a facade for this Disguised Global Crony Capitalist EMPIRE — which IMHO is even more “frightening” than you mention.

“The U.S. state is a key point of condensation for pressures from dominant groups around the world to resolve problems of global capitalism and to secure the legitimacy of the system overall. In this regard, “U.S.” imperialism refers to the use by transnational elites of the U.S. state apparatus (hard & soft powers) to continue to attempt to expand, defend, and stabilize the global capitalist system. We are witness less to a “U.S.” imperialism per se than to a global capitalist imperialism. We face an EMPIRE OF GLOBAL CAPITAL, headquartered, for evident historical reasons, in Washington.” [Caps added]

Global Capitalism and the Crisis of Humanity, 2014 Robinson, William Cambridge University Press

As our founders, framers, and farmers well understood in 1776:

There can NOT be any compromise with EMPIRE

“Show me what democracy looks like”
“This ain’t what democracy looks like”
“This is what EMPIRE looks like”

I am at whits end as to why the young protesters every where don’t understand that the ONLY way they will be able to win ‘strategically’ is to simply and totally peacefully just confront this [blank] EMPIRE — by calling it out as an EMPIRE. How [blank] stupid is it to confront EMPIRE with any violence??

If theses guys provide no identifying information, can’t they be prosecuted for impersonating a police officer???

1 Like

I will fill in your blank…FASCIST EMPIRE. And I agree, that the only way to confront the Amerikan Empire is to peacefully confront it because if we know anything we have to know that fascists love violence! They have no answer for non-violence except to demonize it as violent.

1 Like

Hi Shantiananda:
YES, no violence. Although the goons were waking up to groups of people and attacking them. Oh my the ex navy man --standing there git whacked and tear gassed. These supposed government protectors are attacking people.

So-- Protestors, I admire you aII and gift you with a new chanting rhyme for the Trump person.
“A Rude But Necessary Rhyme For a DODO.”

Hey Mr. President—what do you say?
How many corpses did you make today?"

Trump is kiIIing Americans with a Lack of testing, PPE ,correct information, and Lies. : (

1 Like

Trump’s answer: " NONE, BECAUSE THEY WOULD HAVE DIED ANYWAY, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE, WHERE DID YOU GET THAT FAKE NEWS…CNN?

1 Like

Hi Shantiananda:

IoI : I I wonder is----- DonaId Trump’s actuaI name reaIIy Shirking ResponsibiIity Trump?
His niec’es book reaIIy points to that possibility ! : )

1 Like