Home | About | Donate

'New Party, Who Dis?': Ocasio-Cortez Takes No Guff From 'Irrelevant' Joe Lieberman

Is the

Is the Slime ball Lieberman still worth a bucket of spit? Was a joke, is a joke, will be a joke. An American oligarch’s ass wipe.

We must also attend to those of the present.

Indeed we must.

Not true. I’m NO fan of Lieberman, but he did some good things—like standing up for GLBT issues. Check out his Wikipedia bio.

LOL…You should get a stamp like mine. In 22 X 58 mm, red ink, capital letters, it reads “BULLSHIT.” I stamp inane response letters from my kakistocrat senator with that red ink and send the letters back to his office. Feels great! Worth the 44 cents!

“Rabbi Joe”?

My guess is they are mostly older democrats who watch allot of cable news

Joe Lieberman is not just a dinosaur, but he is NOT a democrat. Whatever label he wants to don, it cannot be that of a truly democratic posture. His policies prove out that his BONDS are with the CONS, the RepubliCONS. He was a con when he ran for VP. We had no idea just how he planned to con the nation back then. Now we know the truth. If this nation does not get out of the habit of listening to CON Dinosaurs like the Kochs, and all those right wing nuts who listen to them, we are not going to maintain any threads of choice here. Our focus needs to shift to actions that speak volumes of actual help and “just” regard for doing things that help the whole nation, rather than just a few filthy rich white guys in power roles of business or politics. When will voters recognize that what they have been doing is being DUPED, playing right into the dirty hand of money grubbing con artists?

Ocasio-Cortez is a breath of fresh air!

Any sentence using Joe LIEberman and any combination of expletives is appropriate.

I like the idea of an Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.
But I sometimes, like most people, occasionally succumb to the tendency of romanticizing ideals.

But truth is, there’s something really not right about the narrative of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.
It’s all a little-too staged.
A bit too well packaged and well presented.

True grass-roots campaigns are not that glossy & organized.

I grew up idolizing the “rebels”, those characters on television and in movies, whom were portrayed by Actors, playing the part of the hero fighting against the corrupt.

It didn’t take me too long to realize these portrayals were just that, romanticized narratives.

The Actors playing these parts were just completely-entrenched establishment participants, whose job was to play a convincing role.
Beyond that role they actually promulgated that same system they purported to fight in their roles.

Later in life I realized how fully encompassing this acting role truly is.
I worked in government, in politics, in media, in marketing and PR, and with Actors, Musicians, Writers, and others in different industries.

I soon realized the larger system is structured in such a way to continually herd people to that system, even covertly herding the “rebels” back to the system.
I realized how the seeming “outsider” Actors, Writers and Musicians I knew and worked with were themselves herded to the larger establishment system, via publishing deals, acting jobs, record deals, etc.
In order to sustain their careers, they had to succumb to the larger system, that establishment system that had the capital backing it to back these folks.

Failure to succumb meant those contracts and deals simple went to others whom would comply.

Rebel rock, gonzo journalism, and supposed “underground” arts were eventually exposed to me as nothing more than entertainment, an outlet to express one’s frustrations whilst still fully under control of the larger establishment system.
They were exploited by the same system they purported to fight, in herding people back to the system.

Even politicians, including those “rogue” politicians whom seemed intent on making real change against a wholly corrupted system, followed the same route.

They may get elected (that is, if politicians truly do get elected rather than appointed by some elite group - an idea nearly impossible to prove given the structure of our voting poltiical system - it is highly conceivable that the voting system is completely rigged and farcical), but if they want a lasting career in politics they will eventually succumb to the larger establishment system. They would eventually need to succumb to those elite with the massive capital, the wealth to make or break the careers of ANY politician.
A politicians may be able to raise tens of thousands of dollars to conduct a political marketing campaign, but there are people with tens of trillions behind them, and the control over the corporate and even much of the “alt media”.

Edward Bernays, the “Father of Spin” wrote in his 1928 book “Propaganda” that:
“If you can influence the leaders, either with or without their conscious cooperation, you automatically influence the group which they sway.”

I saw this daily with my work in politics. Politicians were most always convinced they were performing a greater good. They were convinced they were there to represent their constituents, yet were truly led to supporting the greater establishment system.

They were convinced even to the extent that without their knowledge, townhall meetings were set up with staged audiences, people whom fed their need for attention and acceptance.
They were swayed so that they could sway the people that followed them.

One could easily make the argument this was the case for the campaign of Bernie Sanders.
He presented himself as a “rogue” anti-establishment politician. An uncorrupted individual whom existed to represent the common people. A “rebel”.

Yet, EVERY SINGLE person I know whom initially supported Sanders, eventually voted for Hillary. They were herded back to the same establishment system they purported to fight.
Even examining Sanders wealth and campaign donations, one can see:

1. He is a member of the 1 percent economic class, and;
  2. He has supported and is supported by the same .01 percent.

Ditto for “Progressive” Sen. Elizabeth Warren.
Another multi-millionaire of the 1 percent economic class whom claims to fight for & represent the “commoners”.

All that being said, there’s something really not right about the narrative of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

Most every picture of her is presented like a Glamour Shot.
The scenes are staged, the photos touched-up.
She always dresses quite well for a woman of “modest” means.

Her “reality” presents more like the exposed fraud of supposed “reality-television”.

I have heard her speak, and I’ve read her prepared statements, and there’s a huge disconnect between the two.
In prepared written statements she present quite well, yet in person she is not nearly as eloquent.
Her whole campaign and presentation represent themselves as a clever PR/marketing campaign.

Even her family reportedly lived in Yorktown Heights, which is an pretty affluent neighborhood (the median income for a household in the CDP is $108,648, and the median income for a family is $137,580).

• She attended the prestigious and elitist Boston University.
• She participated in the National Hispanic Institute (NHI), which itself can be seen as an elitist organization, for “Hispanics” (and while I support org’s that support all races and ethnicities, it’s still an elitist org).
• She worked as an intern in the immigration office of U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy.
(source = https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexandria_Ocasio-Cortez)

Ocasio-Cortez has described her background as working-class, but this is exactly how propaganda works.
Even Donald Trump can legitimately describe himself with a “background as working-class”.
He worked, he worked for millionaires and billionaires in highly-privileged jobs, but he worked.
This is what the privileged say when they’re trying to relate themselves to the “commoners”.

“Working-class” is one of those completely nondescript catch-all terms, that really means nothing.
This is the product of PR firms and marketers.

Look at a package of low-quality coffee and you’ll likely see words like “Bold Taste” on the packaging.
It means absolutely nothing, especially when that coffee tastes like total bunk.

Take a look at the “hippie” movement of the late 60’s to 70’s.
This began as a true populist movement, and one that truly scared the establishment.
Yet that same establishment learned how to rein this rogue movement in, by exploiting that exact same movement, by mimicking their culture and mindset.

Truth is, many older “conservatives” of today were rebellious hippies of that period.

Ocasio-Cortez’s father seemingly was a man of some means, as it’s been reported that she fought in probate court to save his wealth from “attorneys appointed by the court to administer an estate can enrich themselves at the expense of the families”.
This doesn’t happen unless you have money to fight for.

The truth is that PROPAGANDA only works when it isn’t recognized as such.
PROPAGANDA has to remain covert to remain effective.

It’s becoming more obvious to me that these portrayals of Ocasio-Cortez are just another of those similarly romanticized narratives.

I’m disgusted with the “Dems” and “GOP”, I even looked into the “Libertarian” movement and found it to be more of the same-old propaganda of the elite.
I’m realizing more & more the supposed “Progressive” movement is more of the exact same.

It’s no secret more people are becoming disenfranchised with the establishment system, especially the millennials.
The establishment is concerned about a true grass-roots movement away from their manipulated system, thus they seek continually evolving propagandist methods of control to rein those strays back.

These “rogue” movements are revealing themselves as pure PROPAGANDA, designed to herd the straying/disenfranchised masses back into the wholly controlled and manipulated establishment system.

Read: “Instincts of the Herd in Peace and War” by Wilfred Trotter.
Read: “Propaganda” by Edward Bernays.

They are old books, but perhaps more significant today then during their times.

Read: “The Invisible Gorilla” by Christopher Chabris and Daniel Simons.
It highlights how people often prefer amusing anecdotes and feel-good narratives over the truth.
“We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us [or appeals to us], but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter.”
-Denis Diderot-

Read: “Thinking, Fast and Slow” by Daniel Kahneman.
Kahneman outlines how people often resort to quick, reactionary-based thinking influenced by emotion, rather than slow, evidence-based factual thinking influenced by reason and common-sense.

These methods discussed herein are how EFFECTIVE PROPAGANDA is implemented, and works.

Thus, before people choose to get over-emotional and criticize these thoughts, they ought to consider the facts outlined here.

His Senate nickname.

Thank you.

Lieberman is obviously a neocon on foreign policy and a neoliberal on economic policy and not worth the time of day. But I find it disturbing that so many on the Left are allowing the corporate MSM to promote AOC to the point that she replaces Bernie as the de facto spokesperson for the Left. She is obviously sincere and her heart is in the right place, but she is not that articulate or that knowledgeable and is quite mistake prone. Also, with her focus on Identity politics she has more limited appeal than Bernie and thus has a lower ceiling. I cannot believe that more people cannot see that this is a play by the corporate MSM to further weaken the Left, not grow it.

Who are these people Lieberman and Cleaver? Were they ever anyone?

Ocasio is assuming this system GOP&DEM should be operating without CORRUPTION!

She is calling it what it is CORRUPTION
You keep pushing your agenda Ocasio… we the little people are behind you!!!

Better believe it. We are not a democracy, far from it. (delegates, electorial college)

She is calling out CORRUPTION, can’t you see that ???
Our current system works on corruption, Ocasia is seeing right through it… JelloB wake up

“Don’t attack your own people”???
Ocasia comes in and CLEARLY sees CORRUPTION both GOP&DEMS.

I can’t tell the difference between Dem & GOP, they look, smell, taste, the same. This lieberman POS sold out his country to a foreign (hint: currently occupies Palestine) government

HI Jello Beyonce-----I think AOS is the real thing. She dances with freedom, she takes no poo from the GOP the DEMs and the males-------and as she once worked as a bartender------she must really know how to listen and see through all the scams. Plus she’s great with 21st century communication— I especially like that so many in Congress saying —you’re not supposed to speak up and out because you’re new here…( those who say things like that want to deny personhood to others) and we have enough of those in business, war, corporations and politics anyway. I admire the new people in Congress, because we are in a new time and we need new thinking! : )