Home | About | Donate

New Polling Shows House Democrats Who Won't Back Green New Deal Could Be Ousted by Progressives in 2020

New Polling Shows House Democrats Who Won't Back Green New Deal Could Be Ousted by Progressives in 2020

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

In a signal that Democratic voters aren't satisfied with timid steps to address the human-made global climate crisis, new polling from Data for Progress—initially reported by HuffPost on Thursday—shows that incumbent congressional candidates in 2020 could be ousted by progressive primary challengers if they fail to back a Green New Deal.

You know how many primary challenges were successful in 2018?

Three.

Does that scares incumbents?

Hell no.

Ready for a third party yet?

Flyin A! All craven centrist pawns must be rooted out! Business as usual must not be tolerated or condoned!

Yes. Yet noticing;

About 50% boycott elections or are disenfranchised.

Another 25% are registered nonpartisan

About 11% of voting age citizens are democrats

Maybe 10% republicans

4% other

Take it over. Vote None of the Above if there are no green candidates on your ballot. Be part of a monkey wrench turn out to vote surprise. Every slot without a good candidate blank or None of the Above.

What happens if None of the Above wins? That’s when social evolution accelerates yet again. Humanity having fun surfing big bang at life speed selects none of the above.

We will know what happens together when we live it.

Elections are rigged.

Of course elections are rigged; in a corrupt representative democracy of a collapsing capitalist military empire like Brasil, the candidate who would have won is still kept in prison.

One way or another. Everybody knows.

Win and loose are not the focus of real democracy in search of answers to questions involving species survival in the social and environmental turmoil of militarized capitalist corporatism. Modern humans are learning to focus distributed human intelligence via the bionet. Who wins and loses may turn out to be less important as we find out who we are and what needs to be done to relieve the chemical burden carried in every living cell.

Ah, please change the header to read, ‘will be primaried’.

Three parties in a situation like you have in the US is an unstable political configuration. This means that the third party will soon disappear. To make the US into a democratic country, Americans must learn to value democracy and develop respect for pluralism, and that is simply not part of the American experience.

Dane comes on at 39 minute mark

List them.

Yes, yes, that’s ir. More talk about how they might be able to get some change in the NEXT election. Every four years, same crap talk.

As if the oligarch-serving DNC would give in to that. They sure know how to waste time and energy and NOT set OR accomplish a People’s Agenda.

Each in their own way to their own audience, the Duopoly Parties sure know how to keep democracy from really ever happening.

• THERE IS BUT ONE WAY TO MAKE A REAL SHIFT IN VOTING FOR CHANGE LIKE THE GND — AND THAT IS:
— ANOTHER PARTY!!!

IT MUST BE MADE TO HAPPEN.
HARD AS IT IS, THERE IS NO OTHER WAY OUT FOR SERIOUS CHANGE FOR AMERICA IN THE SHORT RUN.

Prue Plumbridge: I don’t care which government of whatever political persuasion talks about saving the government money or balancing public accounts, we need to call them out.

Firstly, governments don’t and can’t SAVE money. That’s not how it works.

Governments make policy decisions about how to spend public money not based on the tax collected or the money it might be able to borrow. They make those decisions based on their ideologically driven preferences. Quite simply there are no pots of taxpayers’ money which must be divvied out between government departments to pay for public services or social security.

As Alan Greenspan, former head of the Federal Reserve made clear to Congressman Paul Ryan:

“There’s nothing to prevent the federal government from creating as much money as it wants and paying it to somebody. The question is, how do you set up a system which assures that the real assets are created which those benefits are employed to purchase.”

Resources are what limit any government’s capacity to spend, not money in a mythical pot.

This is not about ignorance about how a currency issuing government spends. Governments of all colors know perfectly well the household budget con they are perpetrating. They play cruel games with people’s lives.

It’s time the public woke up to the fact that when it suits government there is always plenty of money for war, its rich mates in tax breaks, bailing out banks or failed public/private enterprises. Taxpayers are never asked to foot the bill unless it’s for public services such as a publicly provided and paid for healthcare service.

For how much longer will people tolerate the lies and their dispossession?

"Trump Administration officials have suggested ways to save the government money in the next budget. And, no surprise, some of the savings are expected to come at the expense of working people.

The proposals call for slashing the wages of federal workers, endangering their retirement, making them pay more for health care – even taking away paid holidays.

“This is a continuation of the near-constant attacks on federal employees,” said Government Employees Department Director Paul O’Connor.“Just like the tax plan, it’s about paying dividends to the richest and leaving pennies for the rest of us.”

This just made my day. Yes, it is time to kick those who do not want what we want to the curb. The demos keep playing us like a fiddle and not in a good way. So, I say either they bow to our demands or we vote them the hell out of our lifes. I am everyday writing to my congress( in my case) woman and my rep. Why you say, cause I for one will not let them feel as though they are not being watched. I tell them what I want and what I expect from each of them. I also let them know that I understand how our government works and that I maybe just one person but I will make sure to make them feel our fire. This is how (we the people) can help our nation. We must be involved at every turn or they will find a loop hole to jump through and hide. HOLD OUR CONGRESS ACCOUNTABLE!.

Does anyone remember when Donald Trump made this statement?

Donald Trump makes a comment about his current momentum at a campaign stop in Sioux City, Iowa on Saturday.

“You know what else they say about my people? The polls, they say I have the most loyal people. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters, okay? It’s like incredible,” Trump said.

Well, what if the person he shot on 5th Avenue was himself?