Home | About | Donate

New Report Reveals Scope of FBI's Covert Facial Recognition Program

New Report Reveals Scope of FBI's Covert Facial Recognition Program

The FBI is using a dubious facial recognition system and a database of hundreds of millions more photographs than previously thought to hunt for criminal suspects, according to a new report by the Government Accountability Office (GAO).

The massive database houses roughly 411 million photos amassed from sources such as driver's licenses, visa applications, biometrics data, and passport applications, as well as surveillance camera footage, the GAO found in its report (pdf).

Up is down, right is left, lies are truth. The ground is cracking around Orwell's grave.

Well this explains everything! I recently moved from one state to another. A valid driver's license in one state should transfer from one agency to another as long as it's free and clear and current. Including any new fees. But you have to include more paperwork than it takes to get a certified copy of a birth certificate, a copy of a social security card, and a federal passport. And now I know why. In order to get that new picture for the lovely photo id for the FACIAL RECOGNITION. I loathe the security apparatus/octopus that strangles this country.

Cannot wait to watch on Amazon later on!

Watched the movie. Good movie. Two thumbs up.