Home | About | Donate

New Study Finds Planet Heading Toward Temperature Threshold Not Seen in 34 Million Years

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/09/14/new-study-finds-planet-heading-toward-temperature-threshold-not-seen-34-million

4 Likes

We are all literally and figuratively cooked.

10 Likes

See all those mostly elderly people walking around with oxygen bottles. Could this be a future headline:
** MILLIONS OF AMERICANS ISSUED OXYGEN AS AIR IS NOW TOO TOXIC TO BREATHE.

6 Likes

Brought to you by the most stupid and arrogant species to ever set foot upon the earth.

6 Likes

Sorry, the government is not allowed to do that because air mining corporations sell clean air now.

4 Likes

and the corporate toadie politicians want us to vote for them while they take money from the genocidal maniacs (fossil fuel corporations) who’s business plan is the cause of the crisis–the maniacs who are putting every living thing on this planet in danger of extinction—for the money-these corporations are -simply put–are the world’s worse criminals----they are all denying the scientists warnings–just as they have for the last 50 years

6 Likes

As with our national collapse, the rapidly disintegrating climate regime will be extensively documented until the lights finally go out. The many urgent cries of alarm simply don’t seem to be getting the traction required to make a difference.

2 Likes

Dear friends, I spent the better part of the past two weeks tending holistically to my hound, “Baby” who had entered a severe pre-seizure state for five to seven days. I brought her through, seemlingly back to herself. The Planet burns and I weep for Her, but I weep with joy for Baby! We only have so much control.

9 Likes

Good point, if there is $$$$$$ to made off of clean air, in the future, we can be sure…it will be for sale.

This hits home! I was recently put on oxygen at night because of ongoing damage to my lungs from years and years of an auto-immune disease. It’s only a matter of time before I’ll need it during the day as well. For others with COPD around my age, I wonder how much of it was caused by the exponential increase in air pollution beginning with the " Golden Age" of car idolatry from the 1950’s to the present. Add in the exponential increase in the need for electricity making more emissions from fossil fuel power plants and the general industrial emissions, and COPD will be as widespread as diabetes, heart disease, obesity, and cancer.
Gaia will regain balance. If homo sap is in an ELE, other species will adapt, survive, and new ones will evolve. We seem to be unable to make the leap from domination cultures to partnership cultures.

2 Likes

More upside down Malice in Blunderland by the best presidunce ever. ~ttps://www.cnn.com/2020/09/14/politics/noaa-climate-change-skeptic-appointed/index.html

1 Like

Those Murcans won’t be “issued” oxygen.

@zed
The oxygen will be sold to them at jacked up prices by oxygen barons with a monopoly on the oxygen market.

3 Likes

Glad she made it. It’s nice to have non human company- no political discussions. We lost our Lab-Akita-Chow mongrel last year. Such a great animal he was. Still brings tears to my eyes when I remember all the love and intelligence from that creature. I cried more than for humans that I knew when the died. Enjoy every moment.

3 Likes

Humans under Hyper-Capitalism are as you describe.

Capitalogenic humans are as you describe.

Humans under their natural birthright of love and compassion are not as you describe.

1 Like

Hey if it happened 34 million years ago this proves it a natural cycle and man has nothing to do with it!! /s

3 Likes

Thanks for your reply…AND GET WELL SOON!

Meanwhile, Greenland has lost 532 gigatons of ice just in the last year as reported by the BBC. That loss alone raised the global sea level by 1.5 millimeters alone… accounting for 40% of total yearly sea level rise of nearly 4 mm.

2 Likes

Future headline : MILLIONS OF AMERICANS DYING WHO CANNOT AFFORD TO PURCHASE OXYGEN!

1 Like

////////https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-53849695

“immediate and stringent action”

Translation: We’re fucked.

4 Likes