Home | About | Donate

New Study Suggests Late-Stage Capitalism Stripping Humanity of Simple Joy: Frequent Sex

New Study Suggests Late-Stage Capitalism Stripping Humanity of Simple Joy: Frequent Sex

Jon Queally, staff writer

A new study conducted in the United Kingdom has found current generations of adults—in part due to the "sheer pace of modern life"—are having less sex than their predecessors.

In other words: the grind of late-stage capitalism is stripping humanity of one of its unique (though not exclusive) features: screwing for fun.

(Humour alert) - who gives a f—?

8 Likes

Not enough screwing is not the major problem caused by capitalism. Getting screwed is .

12 Likes

The 1% have plenty of sex - look at Bob Kraft.

2 Likes

Women are working more?
Different work schedules?
Women more likely to be able to say no nowadays?
More people living without partners?
Incarceration.
Military service.
Lots of possible reasons without jumping to the conclusion that more is better.

3 Likes

In the upcoming A.I. Generation, there won’t be any screwing at all except to attach body parts. Robots don’t have Sex.

2 Likes

Some do.

1 Like

The companies call them “sex-bots”, and according to the companies they are not far from hitting the open market. Scary anyone?

Not any more than prostitution. Which indicates that men have a different sex drive than women. Perhaps the biggest difference. Women seem to take on more emotional stresses than men, indicating a lesser desire or diminished desire.
Dr. Ruth has spoken.

This is a bad article. People don’t have to have sex any more than they want to. Asexual people exist. Sometimes people just aren’t in the mood. Some people simply aren’t in a good mental state for it, and other people don’t have sex by choice. Overall this society still exerts far too much pressure on people to have sex, especially straight men, equating it with their social status and power. This equation of sex and status ultimately fuels the most toxic behaviors like incel culture and rape culture, and liberal “prude shaming” doesn’t help with this.

2 Likes

that’s it…I quit Capitalism.

…priorities ya know.

1 Like

Damn; I’m writing this when I ought to be having sex!

2 Likes

Good points helen. Which is why this article is “topical”:

I can’t imagine that Donald does anything but spend most of the night tweeting.

Or “tweaking”.

Are you serious in that analysis?

Maybe we could start a club here to combat Capitalism!

Just a thought

“…without jumping to the conclusion that more is better.”

More is unequivocally better than my sex life recently. :frowning:

" New Study Suggests Late-Stage Capitalism Stripping Humanity of Simple Joy: Frequent Sex "

" While Wellings acknowledged that the study was not intended to pinpoint the “cause” for these patterns of sexual behavior, nor did it determine any single reason for the drop in sexual activity among various age groups, , she said the study does explore the intersection between happiness, stress, and sexual intercourse."

If you need publish an article about sex, just do it. Why try fit it in some kind of political agenda?

How about calling it what it is: “New study explores the intersection between happiness, stress, and sexual intercourse”

1 Like

Increases in obesity in the US may also be a cause for decreased sexual activity?

1 Like