Home | About | Donate

New 'Trump Lame Duck Temper Tantrum' Tracker Will Document Final Gasps of Nation's Infantile Outgoing President

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/12/15/new-trump-lame-duck-temper-tantrum-tracker-will-document-final-gasps-nations

Can we finally relegate DJT to the dust bin of sad history.
Many of us would prefer to never hear his name again.

4 Likes

I would like to be a fly on the wall in the WH these days. :))

1 Like

Good idea, Mr. Weissman. I’m just wondering if we can re-define defense. On googling this idea, I came up with one response by a graduate student at the University of Ottawa,
Benson Westerterp. His idea can be seen at “Climate change, Security, Defense: Re-defining Security, January 13, 2016.” Strangely enough, I didn’t see any others.
If the world’s common enemy was recognized as climate change, we could re-direct our armed forces to fighting the ravages of climate change. The armed forces do a lot of good things as well as bad. Wouldn’t it be nice if our guys and gals came home from 2 years mandatory service disciplined, mature, experienced and ready to apply themselves to innumerable fields of health and well-being instead of disillusioned, wounded, and psychologically traumatized.
And, how about a “Great Trump Roll-back?”
Each regulation Trump has gutted has been put in place by popular struggles, people working very hard for the protection of their communities. Why not organize all the wonderful activist communities we have right now to push for a roll-back of all the damage Trump has done instead of tackling these issues over again, one by one.

2 Likes

May Drumph’s temper tantrum include pissing off someone in the incoming administration off by giving Julian Assange a pardon.

3 Likes

Except for one more time-in his obituary.
When this current culture is finished, we must make sure there are no more “lame ducks” able to wield power in any form. Yes, they can serve as a figurehead for ceremonial occasions such as state dinners, but nothing more.
And I would love to be a dung beetle on the wall of the Presidential bathroom as Trump takes a dump and Tweetstorms like mad. This particular bodily function takes oxygen away from the brain, which sort of explains all the typos and strange language…

2 Likes

Donald Duck… wait, Donald Lame Duck.

3 Likes

Wondering if this might be the coining of a new word “lame-ducking”, the political equivalent of the military’s scorched-earth. A precedent’s been set I don’t think can be taken back.

2 Likes

When an infant stamps it’s feet and throws a temper tantrum, what do you do?

1. Pick it up, soothe it and attend to it’s needs, or

2. Ignore it, and leave it to continue it’s tantrum, or

3. Feed baby Drumpf to the lions.

Just kidding of course, wouldn’t want to poison the lions.

1 Like

Have you been out to visit the site? It’s, like, really really long. From a web-design perspective, it’s an interesting trend to see a webpage like this called a “tool” – as if it were a specialized pocket calculator you could futz with. The only interactive futzing with this “tool” is scrolling down. And down. The fancy subtitles with a recurrent orangeface background have a cute, on-scroll driven bold underline anim. That’s the bold, interactive part: watching underlines fill in.

~https://www.citizen.org/article/lameduck/

Otherwise it’s only scrolling and scrolling through quite a long “train of abufes and uferpations” indeed. I’m not saying it’s the web-designer’s fault, either. What are you going to do when someone comes to you with such a very long list and tells you to frame it interactively somehow – make it “a tool.” While we’re at it, we can repurpose the Javascript to track the descent of revenant Orangeman into the eighth circle of Hell.

We’ll just replace the on-scroll underline with a little flickering-flame gif.

1 Like

Right. I didn’t understand those.

1 Like

Have some sympathy for the poor devil assigned the task of production. Given the material, an animated underline might have been the practical excitement limit, aesthetically.

I’ve done this kind of work. What makes it utter torture for anyone with professional production experience is the design-by-committee context of stuff like this. Absolutely everyone thinks they’re a web-designer, and every last member insists on leaving their little mark(s), like my dog on his morning walk. (OMG: story of my freaking life, on so many levels. Don’t get me started.)

Anyhow, next time we’ll use a ticking clock, a little round bomb with a sparkling fuse, a flushing toilet, a mushroom cloud, or a baby’s arm holding an apple… gif delights for the easily diverted!

3 Likes

On first appearance it looked well done, but like you say it just kept on going. And i love these cartoons:

~https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/dec/16/how-many-times-has-trump-lost-the-election-ahahahaha

1 Like

I shouldn’t do this: giving away the ending for people too impatient to pore through all communiques of the Oak Tree Antifa:

The world is still going to end horribly but at least we can have a good laugh at the profound misery of a genuinely dreadful person.

Life is a movable feast, and you take your schadenfreude where you can find it!

1 Like

That one really cracked me up.

1 Like