Home | About | Donate

'Nixonian': Donald Trump Fires FBI Director James Comey

'Nixonian': Donald Trump Fires FBI Director James Comey

Common Dreams staff

This story may be updated.

Nixonian? Nixon was lots of things, but he was as smart as he was devious. Trump is a whiny little bitch, too thin-skinned to even think about being investigated. Too much of an egomaniac to allow for any resistance. Trump will start running into more serious trouble, and he will not be able to bluster his way through it.

These fools are becoming more lawless by the day. rump will be declaring himself supreme ruler any day now. And after that he will be disbanding Congress. THEN the R's will finally wakeup because they will be out of a job.

Comey should have known.
Just because he threw the Election to Der Gropenfuhrer, doesn't mean the Snake won't Bite him.

He knew it was a Snake when he climbed into bed with it.

The termination letter is a hoot. Comey's being fired for his treatment of Clinton, but like all things Trump, it's the lie that speaks the truth:

"While I greatly appreciate you informing me on three separate occasions, that I am not under investigation, I nevertheless concur with the judgement of the Department of Justice you are not able to effectively lead the Bureau."

Reportedly, here's the real nutshell:

Insane.

Hey DJT, you demented, dimwitted, diabolical demagogue: "You can run but you cannot hide." Fire as many detractors as you can and you will be left standing all alone on the gallows in the town square preparing to meet your mentor, Satan.

" see how they run, like pigs from a gun ".
Things are not going well for America tonight. No matter how you cut it, this is not a dust up, it's a whirlwind. So the wind, reap the whirlwind; a kind of bad juju is spinning around in the air.
Stalling for time Trump? Then what? Damn!
Nixon faced a Democratic Congress I think, but had 60% of the voters. Trump had 46% of the voters, but has a Republican Congress. Coin flip.

Mr. 'President': This is not The Apprentice anymore. Tick, tick, tick. Hear that? That's the impeachment clock. When it strikes you will turn from a big fat orange into a big fat pumpkin not even fit for a Thanksgiving pie.

Five months. No actual hard evidence.

I detest Trump as much as anyone. But if there's real, tangible evidence of Russian interference, why is it taking so long to produce it? I ask out of serious curiosity. Watergate featured investigators--journalists and law enforcement0--digging for and exposing stuff. We just had sworn testimony and nothing tangible or new was revealed: where, in the name of sweet Baby Moses floating down the Nile in a basket, is the evidence?

Crumpus is worse than Nixon. This Clown-in-Chief and his Clown Car cabinet will not get away with this firing as a coverup to whatever it is they don't want the American public to know. Justice will be served and we need to pressure our senators to have an independent, non-partisan replacement for Comey's position. I hope there's a place in Hell for Crumps and his cronies...right next to burnin' Nixon.

Well, the FBI Director is gone so we may never get the full picture of the investigation. That being said, the Deputy Attorney General (then Acting) likely didn't inform the White House legal counsel, as she testified yesterday, about Mike Flynn's meetings with the Russian ambassador, as well as his other dealings, for nothing. Having watched it, it's really tough to say that a man who was extremely close to the president, traveled regularly with him on the campaign, much less an unregistered foreign agent, might not have an interest in seeing his friend get elected with the help of some of his out-of-country business colleagues. In the least, he was a conflict of interest waiting to happen, subject to foreign black mail, as Yates testified.

By the way, did you already know the Acting AG warned the White House counsel about Flynn? That sure seemed like news to me and many journalists following the story. It also seems interesting that the White House kept Flynn on the job irrespective of what the White counsel was informed. That's new and interesting, right?

Does that "prove" Russia influenced the election? No. But definitely adds to the strange plethora of unusual instances that appear to involve a country featuring financiers the president is deeply, per public reports, in dept to.

Like any other Megalomaniac, Trump is beginning to "eat his own"; he is cannibalizing his administration. Comey outlived his usefulness-investigating and smearing Hillary (her negligence in the E-mail issue notwithstanding) and now, before Comey gets too much dirt dug up on this Russian thing, Trump decides-adios amigo, time to go! I wonder which Chess piece will fall next. Trump's power-hungry, paranoid obsession with ultimate control may indeed inspire him to destroy himself, in time. And time will tell...

Comey is a buttoned down, straight arrow, church goin' Republican. Trumpster goes and Pence steps in. Pence goes ( very unlikely ) and Eddie Munster gets called up from the minors. Yikes! Rand's grandson as next possible POTUS. Double Yikes!

OR, he will pull something much more serious.... Bet he is wishing he could declare martial law ... he is probably saying... "Gee... mmm what could happen that would give me the chance to do that?..mmm"

Well, Pence might have more class than to fire someone over television news:

Nothing to see here though. Move along.

Nixonian?
"And so, that is where the money came from. Let me just say this, and I
want to say this to the television audience: I made my mistakes, but in
all of my years of public life, I have never profited, never profited
from public service--I have earned every cent. And in all of my years of
public life, I have never obstructed justice. And I think, too, that I
could say that in my years of public life, that I welcome this kind of
examination, because people have got to know whether or not their
President is a crook. Well, I am not a crook. I have earned everything I
have got." ---

Well, they certainly share the self-entitlement syndrome. Oh -- and the boldface lies. And the benefiting from a foreign country via influencing the election.

But the panache, that exuberant claim of "grab them by the pussy" -- that's priceless, and a level of debauchery to which even Nixon was not caught. Oh, and totally not the same as in Nixon did not have any lawsuits against him entering office, but DT had over 75.

Because, ya' know... a couple of people I know... one is doing his master on American History.... has the idea that this whole Trump being elected, is more of a "coup" than any thing else.. by some on the alt right... what does anyone else here think... (course they are not doing a very good job at it)

Imagine that instead of Russia and its gangster government, imagine it was, say, Indonesia and its gangster government involved in the Trump Campaign - would your still be so dismissive?

Does the US left even care about human rights anymore?

Agreed. Nixon was one smart SOB.

“You want to know what this was really all about?” he asked with the bluntness of a man who, after public disgrace and a stretch in federal prison, had little left to protect. “The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I’m saying? We knew we couldn’t make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news.
Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did.” -- John
Ehrlichman

https://harpers.org/archive/2016/04/legalize-it-all/

Took you a lot of words to get that "does that prove...No" part.