Home | About | Donate

No. 1 Sponsor of Terrorism? US Media Name Iran, but Overlook a Candidate Closer to Home

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/02/13/no-1-sponsor-terrorism-us-media-name-iran-overlook-candidate-closer-home

The US was the world’s most awful terrorist nation long before Trump.

10 Likes

Exactly.Starting with the white suprmacist colonial genocides against the indigenous peoples of the Americas in the late 15th Century, quickly followed by the kidnapping and enslavement of millions of Africans. Both of these historical trends continue to define the U.S.-based global neoliberal empire today.

7 Likes

“Terrorism” equates with other words, e.g. “communism” and “anti-semitism.” All of these words remain wildly effective in justifying the U.S. domestic police state and global mass murder conducted by the U.S. imperial military (of which PetetheCheat was a proud member as he “collected intelligence” for drone murders and other operations.

Should the billionaire class sneak him through, I’m sure that our Duopoly Dims will just race to impeach him for having committed multiple crimes against humanity, “war” crimes and violations of his oath of office. Wait, that’s ll be his job description.

2 Likes

The USA has long been the world’s leading terror state.
Now that it’s being led by a Fuhrer, it’s even worse.
Trump is the most dangerous president since Andrew Jackson, a blight and plague on our world.

2 Likes

The analysis spends the first SIX Paragraphs REPEATING the BS LIES it aims to challenge–NOT EFFECTIVE way to get people to QUESTION. I suggest CUTTING those first 6 paragraphs, rewriting ONE SHORT paragraph pointing out most razen lies “Iran is falsely claimed to be largest state-sponsor of terrorism”) and then, presenting all the information we ususally DON’T get as followed in the article.

2 Likes

And have you noticed the US is being sued for crimes against humanity?

Sued by Venezuela. World court. Netherlands. Reported today in TeleSur.

6 Likes

Seems appropriate doesn’t it that the most “litigious liar” in presidential history is directly responsible for this.

2 Likes

No. 1 sponsor of terrorism? USA taxpayers! MAGA!

3 Likes

Far and away…

Iran is way down the list on state sponsored terrorism after;

1. USA
  2. NATO (US surrogates)
  3. Israel
  4. Saudi Arabia

Ever notice how Russia and China never seem to be labeled with the “terrorist” tagline by the US media? I thought the Ruskies were responsible for all the world’s ills? The useless, fear inspiring, active shooter drills of my generation was hiding under our desks to protect ourselves from nuclear fallout. My how the CIA must miss the Cold War.

4 Likes

“Terrorism” by any other name would name the US as a font of same

None of this is new to us. We are not ignoramuses who have to be taught the obvious. That the author comes from F.A.I.R. is a shame. They have been giving us more powerful and more revelatory news for decades, and now fall behind in their reporting. sad. Here is a little from my upcoming book I am not including our 25 torture prison camps, 9-11 demolition job, or much else, just a smidgeon of stuff left out of this so-called “journalist” little opinion. ANGRY LOUD AND CLEAR TRUTH: from chapter 19:INTERNATIONAL TERRORIST ACTIONS:. Research by the communications department of the University of Massachusettes revealed that the more television that people watched, the fewer facts they knew, and the less facts that people knew, the more likely that they were to support the Bush administration.
Due to media silence on the subject, few Americans were aware of the US military’s new weapon, the fuel-air bomb. West European press described the after-math of a US fuel-air attack during the final days of the war, in which blood and oxygen were literally sucked from the lungs of thousands of mutilated Iraqi soldiers. The American media also was silent about it’s military’s use of white phosphorous- a chemical weapon that burns deep into skin and bone. Iraq did not use chemical weapons on the US- that it had used chemical weapons was an excuse to sanction them to starvation. An outside observer would clearly see that the US news media reflects the statements of official Washington, thus shaping public opinion to accept its policies. To this day, Americans hate Sadam Hussein for using chemical weapons on his enemies, and think that he (and his innocent civilians) deserved severe sanctions killing over a million children. How much support would the US military summon of its people if they knew of the weapons used on Iraq by their own country? More recently, depleted uranium has also been used, with devastating results. The United States is not lacking in the audacity department.
The United States has attacked select nations for invading other countries, and has spoken out and punished some for human rights abuses, thus “earning” its nickname as “policeman of the world.” As with its local police, the so-called police are the worst criminals.
Here is a list of nations that the US attacked, bombed, sabotaged, or attempted to overthrow their government:
China-1945-1946, Syria-1949, Korea-1950-1953, China – 1950-1953, Iran-1953, Guatemala -1954, Tibet-1955-1970s, Indoncsia-1958, Cuba -1959, Democratic republic of Congo-1960-1965, Iraq-1960-1963, Dominican Republic-1961, Vietnam-1961-1973, Brazil -1974, Belgian Congo-1964, Guatemala-1964, Laos-1964-1973, Dominican Republic- 1965-1966, Peru- 1965, Greece-1967, Guatemala-1967-1969, Cambodia-1969-1970, Chile-1970-1973, Argentina- 1976, Turkey-1980, Poland -1980-1981, El Salvador-1981-1992, Nicaragua-1981-1990, Cambodia-1980-1995, Angola-1980, Lebanon-1982-1984, Grenada-1983-1984, Philippines- 1986, Libya-1986, Iran – 1987-1988, Libya-1989, Panama-1989-1990, Iraq-1991, Kuwait-1991, Somalia-1992-1994, Iraq-1993-1996, Bosnia-1995, Iran-1998, Sudan-1998, Afghanistan-1998, Yugoslavia-Serbia- 1999, Afghanistan -2001, Iraq-2002-2003, Somalia-2006-2007, Iran-2005-present, Libya-2011….

1 Like

The author of this article, a college graduate and intern at FAIR, comes up with more establishment drivel, but he does have a nice smile. That will get him far, as for his “journalism”? That he can throw into the garbage. He is far behind his readers. They have figured it out long before he came around, and his ignorance leads us all to say: "Why am I reading this?"and more-like why should I contribute to this?

The writer of the article is doing just that; writing a short article. Even though I agree, most of the readers of CD are aware of the US involvement in terrorism, most Americans are not. I am grateful for the information that you listed in your response, as there are facts there that I did not know. However, the fact that you have researched and are writing a book on the topic, does not warrant your arrogance against the writer of the article for not giving the volume of details that you require. Comments like, “this so-called “journalist” little opinion.”, “he does have a nice smile”, and that he can throw his journalism into the garbage are tantamount to swatting a fly with a sledge hammer. Your derision would be better spent on those who spread the propaganda that the writer has listed as illegitimate.

2 Likes

Nothing new for those that see: Martin Luther King: The U.S. is “The Greatest Purveyor of Violence in the World Today” ttps://www.globalresearch.ca/martin-luther-king-the-u-s-is-the-greatest-purveyor-of-violence-in-the-world-today/5665977

3 Likes

Thanks. And don’t forget another hundred years backward in time

Frederick Douglass, Independence Day address, 1852. Let’s imagine he’s referring to newly created latino semi-slave field workers created by the Democratic Party Clinton administration and the fast track of NAFTA:

What to the American slave is your Fourth of July? I answer, a day that reveals to him more than all other days of the year, the gross injustice and cruelty to which he is the constant victim. To him your celebration is a sham; your boasted liberty and unholy license; your national greatness, swelling vanity; your sounds of rejoicing are empty and heartless; your denunciation of tyrants, brass-fronted impudence; your shouts of liberty and equality, hollow mockery; your prayers and hymns, your sermons and thanksgivings, with all your religious parade in solemnity, are to him mere bombast, fraud, deception, impiety, and hypocrisy–a thin veil to cover up crimes which would disgrace a nation of savages. There is not a nation of this Earth guilty of practices more shocking and bloody than the people of these United States at this very hour.

Go where you may, search where you will, roam through all the monarchies and despotism of the old world, travel through South America, search out every abuse and when you have found the last, lay your facts by the side of the everyday practices of this nation, and you will say with me that, for revolting barbarity and shameless hypocrisy, America reigns without a rival …

2 Likes

The corporate media is owned by the cult-ure and corporations that control the US, UK and other governments and that profit from the lies of the corporate mainstream media.

Iran sponsors indigenous resistance organizations fighting against Western terrorism and imperialism.

The United States and its Zionist masters are the principal sponsors of terrorism and war in today’s world.

1 Like

,” because Soleimani was “indisputably an enemy of the American people,”

Total BS! Soleimani may have been a bad person, but the #1 enemy of the American people sits in the Oval Office.

1 Like