Home | About | Donate

No, Critics Declare in Response to Trump, Now Is Time to Give Occupied Golan Heights Back to Syria

No, Critics Declare in Response to Trump, Now Is Time to Give Occupied Golan Heights Back to Syria

Eoin Higgins, staff writer

Critics on Thursday swiftly condemned an announcement by President Donald Trump that he believes the U.S. should recognize Israel's claim over the Golan Heights, the Syrian territory Israel has illegally occupied for over half a century.

"After 52 years it is time for the United States to fully recognize Israel's Sovereignty over the Golan Heights," the president said on Twitter, "which is of critical strategic and security importance to the State of Israel and Regional Stability!"

1 Like

Good. Now let the Syrians vote on it. Only 97% of voters in Crimea were in favor to annex with Russia… the Syrians would set a new record to evict the squatter Zionist.

6 Likes

Another interesting twist, there is oil under them thar Heights. Israel has sold the exclusive rights to the oil they do not own to Genie Energy. Genie Energy’s Strategic advisory board is a who’s who of Amerikan elite criminals: Dick Cheney (former vice president of the United States), Rupert Murdoch (media mogul and chairman of News Corp), James Woolsey (former CIA director), Larry Summers (former head of the US Treasury), Bill Richardson, former Governor of New Mexico, an ex-ambassador to the United Nations and United States Energy Secretary, Michael Steinhardt, Jacob Rothschild, and Mary Landrieu, former United States Senator from Louisiana.

2 Likes

: ) Hmmm maybe America should give all that stolen land back to Mexico—and then Trump won’t have to waste money on his Wall. Just trying out a Trumpian idea-----nope----- it’s as looney as Israel owning Syria’s Golan Heights.
If this become a real hassle, why not give the Golden heights area back to Turkey and the Ottoman Empire…it will be like playing musical chairs with history.

1 Like

If Iran really did want to go after Israel in some way, where else is there for a “jumping off” spot than Syria? The U.S. has either blown up or are occupying every damn thing else in the ME.

Give the U.S. back to the native Americans.

2 Likes

Hi Gandolf: I agree, they would take better care of the land, the skies, the water and the air. : )

1 Like

Eva Bartlett, a genuine journalist:

Peace
Po

1 Like

I see what your saying. Where(when) do we draw the line? Where I’m sitting right now was Mexican territory some 169 years ago. To answer my own question, I’d say post WWII. My response to everything Israel does is man, you’re just 52 years too late sorry, colonialism is dead*.

You cannot compare Russia taking the Crimea with Israel taking (or keeping the Golan Heights) Russia just took the Crimea because they could. Israel was attacked in 1967 by Syria ,Jordan and Egypt.and they have to keep the Golan Heights from Syria attacking it especially with the Civil War going on and Iranian troops in Syria. The won the Sinai from Egypt and gave it back. Gaza was part of Egypt until then and Israel held on to it for awhile- Egypt didn’t want it back. Israelis lived there for 20 years improving the land and building greenhouses to feed everyone. They gave it to the Palestinians who the very next day destroyed the green houses and then claimed they were hungry!. If the Palestinians accepted as a national goal to be a free democratic country things would be different. Israel proper is 20% Arab with full religious and political rights. If Palestine agreed to stop teaching their children to kill Jews and agreed to a 20% limit on Jews with full right Israel would be forced to give them their country. Right now the Palestinians want the obliteration of Israel so they have to build walls,etc to keep their country safe.

1 Like

Have you discussed your point of view with scholars like Phyllis Bennis or Noam Chomsky or Rabbi Linda Holzman? What’d they say to you?

Trumps strategy seems to be, get the Money and the Power on his side. Then he can do whatever he wants and win. Machiavellian.

How do we deal with that? His conservatives rigged the elections, he owns the courts, the Senate, Army, Pollice, Media, The Spies, Wall Street, foreign dictators, the racists, gun nuts, rednecks, religionists, blue and white collar workers, billionaires, oilmen, the MIlitary industrial complex, the alcoholics, the greedheads, the chickenhawks, the Mafia, the elderly, the stupid, the jingoists, the clergy, the neurotic, the haters, the criminals, the rich and the golfers.

Bernie has the artists, scientists, humanists, potheads, creatives, environmentalists, academics, do gooders, hippies, students, black and brown people, small farmers, artisans, craftpersons, inventors, professionals, the caring, the brave, the righteous, the adventurous, the teachers, the poor and the nurses,

Maybe China could save us but they shoot potheads…

I know it is a pipe dream, even though my spouse, who is Native American, agrees with you and does not post.

Trump’s action is wrong, but the notion that Israel should just give the Golan back to Syria isnlt worth even a laugh - give it back so they could shell Israeli farmers from the heights as they did before 1967? so that terrorists can fire rockets from the heights? So once the Syrian civil war is settled they can rebuild their army and attack Israel as they did in 1967? Those suggesting Israel just give it back may be crazy but Israel is not.
The only way to settle this is not thru annexation or Trump’s move but thru negotiation by all the parties and building a culture of mutual respect. Anyone really interested in peace should try to get that process started rather than suggesting Israel surrender (the crazies) or Syria surrender (Trump.)

I would assume that returning Golan to Syria would not cause or end up with attacks on Israel. Any negotiation that involved Golan would also involve many other moving parts to an overall settlement. It would have to include, imho, a viable, living area to call Palestine that would be acceptable. Maybe trading some of the neighborhoods of rubble in Palestine for nice Israeli neighborhoods. Last part sarcasm.

Wow DanSusank: It seems like you have the actions of the Israelis and the Palestinians confused. : 0 The people of Crimea VOTED to return to Russia. Khrushchev gave it away a long time ago, and the People of Crimea wanted to go home. And um… Arabs just lost their citizenship rights in Israel : ( Maybe you just read Altnuland and mixed up your facts? Read up on 1948 and Nakba too. : )

H dpuggernaughtI, I would draw the line at America invading the ME and making things worse for all the people— sadly both America, Israel, the Ukraine and Trump, Bolton, Pompeo and Abrams seem to revere colonialism----oh and Netanyahu does too. Maybe we could find a nice island somewhere and hand them each a boy scout knife , drop them off there and see if they can survive. : )

1 Like

Trump owns the media?! That’s funny! … I sure am glad you spelled it out so clearly for the rest of us. “Orange man bad”. Got it.