Home | About | Donate

"No Excuse Left": Critics Say Mueller Can't Wriggle Out of Testimony to House

"No Excuse Left": Critics Say Mueller Can't Wriggle Out of Testimony to House

Eoin Higgins, staff writer

Robert Mueller may not want to testify to Congress about the findings of his two-year long probe into the President Donald Trump administration's relationship with Russia and the president's subsequent treatment of that investigation, but, as progressive commentators and advocacy groups pointed out Wednesday, that's not really for him to decide.

drag his ass in there and put him under oath. He doesn’t get to call the shots

2 Likes

Not sure what the plan is here?
Get Mueller to testify in front of Congress and have him say “Ladies and gets, that report i presented last month after 22 months of investigating, and x million $ spent was all false. I will reveal the real findings today”

Seriously? What’s wrong with these people?

2 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with the people, they want answers, answers their tax dollars have paid for.
Mueller’s blowing smoke, and he knows it. Acting like everything is in the report. He doesn’t want to testify for fear of being asked the tough questions, things not in the report. Why weren’t the DNC servers analyzed? Why didn’t you talk to Julian Assange? Why didn’t you talk to Bill Binney? And on and on.
So the question is what’s wrong with you, that you don’t want the truth?

1 Like

Has Muelller suddenly became spineless! All we hear is how brave Mueller has been through his life, now it seems he needs to grow a spine! Seems is like a lot of politicans …his GOP party is more important than this country.

I would like for him to proffer evidence to his questionable assertion that “the Russians passed on leaked data to Wikileaks” (paraphrasing).
I submit that he has none and I have yet to see any indication otherwise, baseless claims made by spies trained in deception and known for their perjured testimony not withstanding.

2 Likes

Can’t help but notice that the Democratic leadership is treating Mueller like he kicked their dog and took a huge dump on the dining room table.
One has to wonder, do the democrats have a long term plan for dealing with Muellers infamous report? Or is the leadership only interested in trying to save the Third Way so they can inflict their special brand of Clintonism on another hapless generation of democratic faithful?
My vote is the latter.

2 Likes

I think he is afraid of getting the Cohen treatment from republicans.

1 Like

Bob Mueller told the American people today that the “The Russians Are Coming”, and neither Trump, the deplorables, nor the majority of the republican party care. They don’t care about foreign attack or invasion of our country.
We should be concerned.

1 Like

My guess: They are going to soon say that the report and even Muller himself has been compromised by Russia.

1 Like

the evidence the report referred to was that collected by the original suspects like Crowdstrike, Steele, et al. This investigation did not re-investigate the Wikileaks dumps. It wouldn’t have possible to do so since those servers were never made available to anyone but Crowdstrike, so they are still the sole source of the assertion that the Russians hacked into the DNC database. I’d love him to be asked that, but his response would be, “see the footnotes”.

This entire investigation was basically a fishing expedition based on a false premise–that the Trump team coordinated with the Russian government to alter the results of the 2016 election. That was the reason given for the investigation. Mueller’s report did put that red herring to sleep.

However, it’s also likely true that various members of the Trump team lied during the investigation–presumably in order to avoid the investigation expanding well beyond the original scope of its mandate–and that these lies resulted in most of the indictments so far, with the handful of exceptions of Russian nationals whose probability of ever being questioned by our legal system was nearly zero. And two of those sources offered to show up and testify! lol
Mueller turned them down. Gee! Surprise!

It’s not secret I detested this entire investigation as the partisan farce that it always was. It was an elaborate hoax to first, save face for the Clintonian leadership who had to explain to their donors how they could possibly lose to such an obvious incompetent. But it was also intended to save face for the reputations of the scheming little DNC maggots that ran the party in order to preserve their dominance of the party’s structure. This was, in essence, all for the Red Queen.

Nevertheless, Trump being the useless git he is, almost certainly obstructed justice multiple times, and he’s liable for his own stupidity. He panicked because he was certain they’d try to get him on the dirt he’s actually done in business.

This entire sorry episode is a lesson on not taking sides between a-hole vs a-hole battles, because there aren’t any ‘good guys’ in this drama. They’re all rotten. And they all deserve each other.

2 Likes

The people have a 400 page report.

My point is, does any sane person think that Mueller is gonna say, “Oh, yeah that’s all BS.”

1 Like

Mueller should testify. Though he does not want to do it, he is the best vehicle for highlighting the evidence in the report bringing it to light for the American people. I don’t see why he should be treated specially.

Also, I don’t get why Mueller said that it is “Unconstitutional” to indict a sitting president. How did he come to that judgment? Because of a DOJ policy? That’s not the Constitution.

My understanding is that whether or not a sitting president can be indicted is an open legal question with scholars on both sides of the argument…

So that’s your take on the Mueller Report? Pretty funny how some choose to interpret facts. And if you’re worried about “millions of dollars” spent, why don’t you complain about the 102-million-and-counting that trump’s golf outings have cost us so far?

No, of course he’s not going to dispute the report, but putting him on the stand will start to bring out the “tough” answers, like the one’s I mentioned above, in front of the American people.

“Testifying in front of an equally corrupt Congress?” Why bother? This liar is no different than the rest of them. I have zero faith in us winning anything.

Impeach on “obstruction of justice” may be appropriate just to illustrate the tyranny we are now experiencing with Trump and Republicans in power.
https://zcomm.org/znetarticle/mueller-talksand-the-tyrant-walks/

Robert Mueller does not want to testify before Congress? Why not? The only reason I can come up with is Robert knows Trump would not like it… and he is just another Republican, coward like the rest of his party!

Soooo damn true! Mr. Mueller in my opinion, is nothing but a coward in fear of being asked questions that Robert Mueller does not want to be asked.

1 Like

Any federal taxpayer funds spent on anything else other then defense or promote US interests i am complaining about incl the $102 you are mentioning.

That is not the point of the discussion here. It’s some politicians trying to get a redo of something that was done a month ago, but it did not have the end they expected. Another waste of taxpayer money, but i guess that’s on par for the course over in DC.

1 Like