Home | About | Donate

'No Excuse': Senate Slammed for Reauthorizing Government Spy Powers Without Crucial Privacy Protections

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/05/14/no-excuse-senate-slammed-reauthorizing-government-spy-powers-without-crucial-privacy

I guess Americans should thank their lucky stars that the Democrats are there to help protect the USA from drifting towards fascism. They are all about protecting rights and liberties right?

That said I did not know the Republicans held the Senate 80 seats to 16. One learns something new everyday!

7 Likes

Dems are worse than pathetic. They’re dangerous.

6 Likes

Note that among the Dems voting Yea were Klobuchar and Harris–probably vying for the VP “beauty” contest, no doubt. Progressives, they ain’t.

9 Likes

Well here they are. The Democrats* that voted FOR

Bennet (D-CO)
Blumenthal (D-CT)
Booker (D-NJ)
Cardin (D-MD)
Carper (D-DE)
Casey (D-PA)
Coons (D-DE)
Cortez Masto (D-NV)
Duckworth (D-IL)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Gillibrand (D-NY)
Harris (D-CA)
Hassan (D-NH)
Jones (D-AL)
Kaine (D-VA)
King (I-ME)
Klobuchar (D-MN)
Leahy (D-VT)
Manchin (D-WV)
Menendez (D-NJ)
Murphy (D-CT)
Peters (D-MI)
Reed (D-RI)
Rosen (D-NV)
Schumer (D-NY)
Shaheen (D-NH)
Sinema (D-AZ)
Smith (D-MN)
Stabenow (D-MI)
Van Hollen (D-MD)
Warner (D-VA)
Whitehouse (D-RI)

Sanders (I-VT) Not Voting

Notice how those being floated as possible VP candidates voted!

5 Likes

Vote Blue, no matter who, for a bipartisan chance for them to say FVCK YOU.

1 Like

Oil Nazis

So nice to see my two fascist women Senators from Nevada endorsing the totalitarian police spying state. I did make the mistake of voting for Rosen last time just because I hated her Republican opponent so much. Lesson learned once and for all. I have refused to vote for president since 2008 when Obama gave us all the middle finger with his hope and change bullshit. And to be honest I was such a fool up until then participating in the outright corrupt and meaningless electoral system in the USA. I failed in my duty as a citizen by doing so. I will no longer do so.

1 Like

They are VILE which also happens to be an anagram for EVIL. I despise them all.

4 Likes

Hi Ron_Genise:
LOL. But I mailed in my Oregon vote for BERNIE! But that is very sad about the voters of my old state of CA: Feinstein and Harris. : (

3 Likes

Oh stardustIBID, haven’t you heard, we can’t trust the USPS with our votes. I know it’s true, the blow-hard-in-chief said so. :))))

Why does this old capitalist ghoul get such a big kick out of computerized totalitarian spy techniques?

This question will grow into an accusation laid at the 'ol geezer’s headstone;

Why ? Mitch McConnell, Why are you so obviously happy to help plutocrats serve Pluto?

World Bank of International Settlements, Bilderberg Group, New Manhattan Project to secretly deal with extraterrestrial technology by using “Black Gold” stolen and hoarded during WWII by many of the “royal families,” the Savoys, the Romanov etcetera. They all get paid by the same secret boss and we are cattle. Don’t let this upset your moral compass. WE get to be as good as we choose to be. WE can never trust American government. The CIA created by Truman is the only American government agency which can receive and allocate funds from other departments regardless of law in total secrecy. The CIA is a black project warehouse. SO, all the black projects get funded through the Pentagon who then sends the money to the CIA who then sends the money to the World Band or mercenaries or private armies to secretly fund black projects like funding both sides of every war we fight, laundering all the illegal money on our planet, growing poppies, dealing Golden Triangle heroin from Southeast Asia during Nam, including laundering all the drug sales, overthrowing Venezuela, human trafficking etcetera, all of it, the human sewage drain of WW II gold stolen, hidden in Asia, South America and elsewhere. The CIA is a nexus, a wheel, a black hole of moral degradation and it spews funds to murderers, terrorists and thieves. No journalist goes down this road to report it because it is a dead end. Don’t fret. Our politicians are corrupt and they take bribes but they are angelic saints compared to the sociopaths from the World Bank and our secret agencies who torture and murder for sport. We are not in control of our future but we can control our conscience. There is a real dark side and those who tell what is behind the shadows tend to disappear into the abyss. All those UFO’s don’t belong to us. There is only one rule. There are no rules. One last thing while rambling about alien intervention. The language of God if you believe in that sort of thing is math. It is replicated throughout our universe, phi, the golden ration, the Fibunaci Sequence but here’s an interesting quote to summarize it and an intelligently designed universe. All life is biology. All biology is physiology. All physiology is chemistry. All chemistry is physics. All physics is math. So God, whatever it is, talks in math. Have a nice weekend and don’t let the DNC make you crazy. It’s the bankers and the Masons, descendants of the Illuminati. Really. Every living organism is proteins and amino acids. These chemical compounds are represented by polyhedra of pentagons and hexagons, like a soccer ball. It is the same for every living thing. We are stardust. Have a nice night! peace.

Feckless worthless capitulating Sanders couldn’t even be bothered to vote yes on this one thing. Such a waste of time, money, and energy it was to try to get him to be president.

Sanders didn’t vote so it’s not just Dems. At that, it was a Democratic provision, sponsored by Wyden, and it went down by one vote.

The point of authorizing spy powers is to remove privacy protections.

We cannot spy when government is spying without ourselves spying, as well.

What we need to do is to decriminalize and legalize encryption, and ASAP.

McConnell has the face of Satan and the odor of sulfur.

Hi ReconFire:

LOL, yes Trump does say a lot of insane things, and so does Jared. However, I am waiting to see what will happened in the White House. I am wondering, did Trump’s valet give the virus to Trump-----OR, did Trump give it to the valet? Suddenly a lot of White House people have it.
Wouldn’t it be amazing if Trump was the source, and that Trump brought it into his own White House? He did go to India before all of this, and we all know that gazillions in India have it. Perhaps Trump is the carrier for so many sick people.

As Covid19 appears to attack the weakest parts of an individual’s body----that might explain Trump—as we all know that the brain is the least functioning part of his body! Perhaps Trump has caused a POX upon himself and on his own GOPer party, his family and himself. : 0 or maybe that’s a : ) when you throw in karma? : )
s body

1 Like

Note to self… please proofread as I have no idea what ," s body ," means at the end of what I had posted! : 0

1 Like