Home | About | Donate

No Good Reasons to Avoid Impeaching Trump

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/10/03/no-good-reasons-avoid-impeaching-trump

1 Like

Well, maybe a sprinkling of Chomsky, Hedges, McGovern,
Caitlin Johnson and Consortiumnews will open your
Democratic Party stalwart pro-Biden eyes to see
that impeachment fuels the already inflamed to vote
for their victim; and Pence, is that who you want? Is an
evangelical fascist.

6 Likes

It is now crystal clear that anyone will an IQ who supports Donald Trump or those Trump has built the swamp with, are also supporting corruption within their government.

Granted, Trump has conned this group by profusely lying, however, their continued denial of his criminality in face of the mountains of evidence presented, shows a profound lack of reasoning abilities.

In other words, they’re stupid.

3 Likes

Today Trump --on camera – suggested China should investigate the ByeDones.

I join those in thinking that blatant lawbreaking with impunity…leads to more lawbreaking.

Of course the Senate won’t convict. But putting Trump in a position to run scared and lie under oath, along with Pompeo (now caught lying about being on the call), et al, will open him up to more self-incrimination. Let the games begin.

5 Likes

The famous Italian philosopher, Al Capone, was never indicted for murder. He was gotten through difficult, sometimes boring, police work. The tax accountants did their jobs, and Al went to prison, and later, died of syphilis. A fitting end for a deeply flawed psychotic gang leader. The often boring work, the nuts and bolts, of an impeachment process, has likely been going on for some time. Publicly aired hearings, featuring, I hope, the Majority and Minority Counsels; before panel members can showboat for the cameras, will, I hope, bring enough evidence to light that can’t be shrugged off or ignored. The Senate, however unwilling to convict, will have to go through the process, and the inevitable theater, of the impeachment. May the echoes of the plaintiffs ring long and loud.

1 Like

If the Senate somehow does vote to remove him, will it be the military or the D.C. police to physically remove him? It looks as though that’s what it will come down to.

As if we have a choice.

If nothing else, the pressure will continue to melt what’s left of his brain. If we’re lucky it will break him.
Because sure as hell the Democrats are impotent (at best)

4 Likes

Are we better off with Pence?

Sonali Kolhatkar.
I respectively disagree.
If house votes to impeach Trump and american citizens are not convinced that he is greatly guilty,
the senate will not convict.
Now, the problem is the Nov. 2020 election where Trump has the upper hand - regardless of any public polls displaying him at 46%, for example.
He will win re-election unless democrats gain Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan.

DC and NYC news centers are daily confusing the public by their ‘breaking news’ that is flawed, untrue, distorted or / and a smoking lie.

Heck, two republicans come out of Voker testimony and say, ‘prez exonerated’. The dem comes out and says that Voker confirmed the whistle blower story. a nine hour event.

1 Like

Tank,

It’s really bad karma to keep saying, “the Senate will not convict.”

Of course there is that possibility, however, with the level of criminality this president is going to eventually be charged with, any Senator who votes to allow him to continue breaking the law, will be known as an enabler of someone totally unfit for office.

It is true that voters don’t always care whether they’re voting for a corrupt politician or not, but I gotta believe a majority does care.

1 Like

Impeaching el presidente’ pigface will take Pence down too.
Character defamation implicates close associates.

1 Like

Pence will certainly be a lame duck and an object of
scorn for late night hosts to poke fun at.

1 Like

I don’t believe in karma.

Nope. Hope that Dope gets the Rope as well.

Read the article!
“Can you imagine if the CIA was asked to provide damaging evidence on a political opponent in Australia?” Warner said. “There would be outrage in our political establishment.”

There’s just one problem with Warner’s example of the CIA becoming involved in Australian politics—as one Twitter user observed, the CIA “literally did that” in 1975, covertly taking down the pro-independence government of then-Prime Minister Gough Whitlam. Whitlam had proposed shutting down Pine Gap, the U.S. satellite intelligence gathering center in central Australia, and exposing U.S. intelligence operations in the country, a move that sent the CIA into panic mode.

"In other words, as Grayzone journalist Anya Parampil tweeted, Warner’s hypothetical was “almost as outrageous as the CIA carrying out a coup against Australia’s democratically elected leftist leader who stood up to the agency, which it actually did.”

As John Pilger recounted at The Guardian in 2014:

“The Americans and British worked together. In 1975, Whitlam discovered that Britain’s MI6 was operating against his government. “The Brits were actually decoding secret messages coming into my foreign affairs office,” he said later. One of his ministers, Clyde Cameron, told me, “We knew MI6 was bugging cabinet meetings for the Americans.” In the 1980s, senior CIA officers revealed that the “Whitlam problem” had been discussed “with urgency" by the CIA’s director, William Colby, and the head of MI6, Sir Maurice Oldfield. A deputy director of the CIA said: “[governor-general of Australia, Sir John Kerr] did what he was told to do.”

[…]

"On 11 November—the day Whitlam was to inform parliament about the secret CIA presence in Australia—he was summoned by Kerr. Invoking archaic vice-regal “reserve powers,” Kerr sacked the democratically elected prime minister. The “Whitlam problem” was solved, and Australian politics never recovered, nor the nation its true independence.

"Australia, of course, is not the only country whose politics the U.S. has meddled in since the creation of the CIA in 1947. Among the other countries are China, Albania, East Germany, Iran, Costa Rica, Egypt, Indonesia, British Guiana, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Congo, France, Brazil, Dominican Republic, Cuba, Bolivia, Indonesia, Ghana, Chile, Greece, Costa Rica, Bolivia, Australia, Angola, Zaire, Portugal, Jamaica, the Seychelles, Chad, Grenada, Suriname, Fiji, Nicaragua, Panama, Bulgaria, Albania, Yugoslavia, Ecuador, Afghanistan, Venezuela, Iraq, Haiti, Somalia, Libya, and Syria.

“The above is an incomplete list.”
*This country has been run by corrupt, or corrupted by the CIA et al, presidents ever since the double barreled coup that killed off the Kennedys.
*The thing most feared by this government is a successful impeachment. If you read the Constitution, you will see that the president may pardon anybody, except for impeachment! No pardon there, period. The “defendant” will stand trial. All the government’s dirty laundry will be exposed as evidence. Noxon was facing the same thing, so he resigned, was pardoned by his successor, and the dirty laundry stayed in the basket.
*Now the fat one faces the same thing. If he refuses to resign and impeachment seems certain, I’m sure the CIA has a few backup plans to take care of the problem. (Note to the fat one, beware of planes, trains and automobiles; even your junk food and sodypop may become suspect.)
*“I pledge allegiance, to the flag, of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it once stood, One nation, under God, with Liberty and Justice for all.” HA!! I remember those long gone days.
;-})

2 Likes