Home | About | Donate

'No Hearing, No Vote': GOP Vows Obstruction on Supreme Court Pick

'No Hearing, No Vote': GOP Vows Obstruction on Supreme Court Pick

Deirdre Fulton, staff writer

Drawing outrage from many sides, Republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee decided in a closed door meeting on Tuesday afternoon to deny hearings or a vote on a Supreme Court nominee in 2016.

"This committee will not hold hearings on any Supreme Court nominee until after our next president is sworn in on Jan. 20, 2017," committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (Iowa) and the other 10 Republican members said in a letter (pdf) Tuesday to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.

No hearing even? Then not another penny for you slimy bastards. You heard me-- no more salary! And pack your bags and leave D.C. and go back to your country clubs. You don't do your job in America and you get fired.

If it's good enough for Saint Ronnie to nominate in his last year, why not now?!

Of course, it's a political appointment. Thomas, Scalia, Roberts. God help us if Trump or Cruz were allowed to pick the next Judge. Hard to say which hedge fund CEO Hilary would nominate. There is also the possibility of a majority switcheroo if the tiresome GOP continue their grade school antics.

The worst nightmare of the handful of Plutocrats that run this nation... largely through their tight control of the Republican party and partial control of the Democrats include:

1. Bernie Sanders deconstructing the myths of our times (a/k/a lies told often) and shaking the tables of the temple moneychangers
  2. Chance for Dems. to shift the court out of its outrageous and morally repugnant deadlock in its naked support for pro Big Business (mammon) and Pro war (Mars rules) initiatives.
  3. Internet spreading inconvenient truths... and an Alternative Story to that which is tightly controlled by the MSM
  4. Similar trends taking place in Canada, U.K, Spain, Greece, Portugal and always ready to burst in Central and Latin America
  5. Gravity: In that anything too big to fail or too big to exist WILL fall to earth and implode....

Watch for falling debris! (Clue: Following the same trajectory of global oil pricing)

If they refuse to do their jobs we the people refuse to pay their salaries. My God who do they think they are? I'm appalled at the infantile behavior of these Senators and truly feel the Justice Department or someone needs to step in and stop this three ring circus taking place.
People all over the world are laughing at us, for real. It's embarrassing.

Love it. The revolution is coming even if Bernie isn't the leader!

Yes, this is what the lunatic fringe is up to.

A more pugnacious, obstinate, and recalcitrant group of curmudgeons that call themselves RepugniCANTS could not be put together anywhere else (excepting board rooms of Boeing, GE, JPM Chase and Raytheon):

Chair: Chuck Grassley (IA)
Majority: Orrin Hatch (UT), Sessions (AL), Graham (SC), Cornyn (TX), Lee (UT), Cruz (TX), Flake (AZ), Vitter (where's my diaper) (LA), Perdue (GA), Tillis (NC)
Interesting how the decided majority of the majority party members are from Southern (and Southern-like conservative) states where women's rights, civil rights, voting rights are invariably assailed and targeted for "revisions." And cannot forget the head executioner himself, Sen. Majority leader McConnell (KY). The South is rising again (albeit in utter ignominy).

So much for these Senators taking to heart the oath of office:

"Upon taking office, senators-elect must swear or affirm that they will "support and defend the Constitution." The president of the Senate or a surrogate administers the oath to newly elected or re-elected senators. The oath is required by the Constitution; the wording is prescribed by law."

Hey, Graham it is rude and impolite to point.

Our democracy, such as it is today, is doomed.

Obstruct, obstruct, obstruct. I wonder what history will say about this. I'm think that a civil war is coming soon to your and my neighborhood.

It's like Kim Davis writ (a bit) large(r)! Evil bastards hiding behind "cracker" stereotypes.

are we ready to march on DC now to get our country back??????

What "democracy"?

We've been stuck in an oligarchy for decades!

If the Repulsive clowns are putting their despicable, regressive, reactionary party ahead of the nation, isn't that a form of treason?

Why are we still even tolerating them in office, an office in which they swore to protect and defend the Constitution they have so much obvious contempt for?

Treason indeed. I am 100% against closing Guantanamo. I am 100% for relocating Guantanamo's current inmates and replacing them with 500 members of the best Congress money can buy.

Obama can appoint a temporary replacement until the end of the session. What's there to lose?

Like these bought bastards give a hoot about "history"? Their constituents can't read or write, they think all Americans are as dumb as they are. Money is their god at hand and they don't give a damn about anything else.

I would love to participate in such a march!

My thoughts exactly :slightly_smiling:

let's keep putting out the message everywhere we can for a march in DC to demand that congress do its constitutional duty and see what develops. I have already mentioned it to several people I know here in California and am putting it in comments on articles relating to the topic. It's now or never folks - at 82 I have - who knows how many years left to see a true revolutionary movement for us all. I'm ready!