Home | About | Donate

No Longer a 'Nation of Immigrants'? US Citizenship and Immigration Services Amends Mission Statement

No Longer a 'Nation of Immigrants'? US Citizenship and Immigration Services Amends Mission Statement

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) was sharply criticized Thursday for rewriting its mission statement so it no longer describes the United States as a "nation of immigrants" and now features language that seems more aligned with the policies touted by the Trump administration.

Well, I’d say it’s about time (/s). Also time to change out the face of Lady Liberty for that of TheRump. And while we are at it put a stock market ticker in her hands. Put gold toilets in the bathrooms and re-label the bathroom signs as “The Golden Dump Experience.” /s

Frickin Nazis

And I never use that term…

But when it is Blatantly Obvious

If the boot fits …

The USA is almost entirely a nation of immigrants or descendants thereof and in the colonisation process they have almost wiped out the indigenous population. Of all the people in the US, the whites have the least right to be there, black people were taken there against their will by the whites and red hued natives have been persecuted since the days of Christopher Columbus. Scum like the trump need to be treated Wuxi the the contempt they deserve.

Or, it’s time to throw a noose around Lady Liberty’s neck and topple her off her pedestal, which bears, in part, the now apparently hypocritical inscripton:

“Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.”

All of this reminds me of a dream, a nightmare, I had, either late Bush, or early Obama.
*I was in that park where you look across the water at the Statue of Liberty. There were loudspeakers everywhere, blaring music and speeches. There were military parades going on all over the place. Then a voice, which I assumed was the president, went on about America being, for many years, held back from its destiny, but those days were over. I could hear the sound of cheers all around. Then the voice went on to tell of a new era for the United States of America, where we would take our place as the world leader.
*He continued, to say that as a symbol of our new place, he would destroy the symbols of that old, outmoded nation. As he spoke, flights of aircraft came over at low altitude, huge numbers of them. High in the sky we could see huge flights of bombers in formation approaching. I could hear cheers everywhere.
*When he stopped speaking, the military music got louder, then the Statue of Liberty was blown up in a tremendous explosion, military artillery salutes were heard everywhere, the cheering was deafening, the planes just kept coming and I woke up, horrified, wondering what we had become.
*The remembrance of that dream pops up every once in a while and for the past year has been lurking in the back of my mind. I keep wondering if that was just a dream, or perhaps a prophecy.
*I sincerely hope not.
;-})

Thank you:

(EMMA LAZARUS)

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
MOTHER OF EXILES. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

“Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!” cries she
With silent lips. “Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

My lord, minitrue,…I have never had a dream of that significance! Thank you for sharing that. - Although I worked on top of JP-4 fuel tanks in Korea during Vietnam (if we were ever hit, they didn’t want our squadron’s work site to survive), I have had, in no way, anything close to your experience at sea. - I had three uncles and my dad (one uncle remaining), who fought in WWII. The one remaining, who fought in Normandy, clearly indicated to me, the day my mom was interred at a veterans’ cemetery and as he was reading the inscription on the stone marking a young man who died in Iraq, that he is totally against our nations current warmongering. That revelation warmed my heart toward him. I must visit him soon. - Peace be with you.

Thank You

Every time this kindles the fire within

This Free Land we Journey Towards is not yet Reached

So do I understand you correctly, folks?

No borders, no restrictions, just anyone can come into the country anyplace or time they wish?

I am the grandson of immigrants who came through Ellis Island - LEGALLY!

What problem do you have with insisting upon the same rules that all other nations have - come in legally or stay out?

While they’re busy updating things, I suggest they designate ICE as a domestic terrorist organization…

The Statue of Liberty was installed in the 1800’s the sonnet was part of a contest to raise money for the completion of the base in 1903. I think we have to structure immigration now as we don’t have the natural resources we did at one time. 82% of our population growth is by immigration. It is more complicated now.

Write Thomas Homan and give him a piece of your mind. I did. He’s a a jack-booted storm trooper in my opinion.

Jessica, the nation has changed, employment opportunities have shriveled, and conditions requiring unlimited numbers of new immigrants are no longer valid. It’s just common sense. This is not the 1890’s.

Why not? I’m sure I’m already on the naughty list anyway…

Our economy no longer requires hordes of new unskilled workers. Jobs are vanishing quickly. Numbers of unemployed and permanently unemployable are increasing. Manufacturing is moribund. The Emma Lazarus meme belongs to a different era, a different world.

D, when you say you’re on the naughty list, do you know for a fact that “there’s a dossier on you” or are you speculating about it because of what we know about the secret alphabet agencies?

Where did I just read that if we even post anywhere a wish that all or some of the Cabal drops dead or meets some other ill, we get flagged somehow?

I’d say we’re in good company. I just watched Alone in Berlin, based on a true story, last night. It was pretty painful seeing the Germans who were pitted against each other, became paranoid, and kowtowed and the Nazi officers who abdicated conscience and adopted the horrifying cruel behaviors of the regime. Why painful? Because I see the parallels here in good ole Amerika… :disappointed_relieved:

I just figure that I’ve written enough politicians, been at enough protests, been involved with enough political groups that there is at least a small file on me. :slight_smile:

You can find out for sure using the Freedom of Information Act if you are interested.