Home | About | Donate

No Longer Leader of the Free World: Trump Admin. Humiliated at UN over Iran Arms Embargo

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/08/16/no-longer-leader-free-world-trump-admin-humiliated-un-over-iran-arms-embargo

5 Likes

"One of the functions of the secretary of state of the United States is to politick with other countries in such a way as to ensure the US gets its way. "

Pompous Pompeo can neither politick nor effectively negotiate. He feels he is chosen by god for this work. He works by faith not reason. A very inept statesman that makes him. Do not expect change. People like him are incapable of it. Remember W? Same deal.

10 Likes

Not to worry, trump and his despicable cabal of criminal lackeys can always be counted on to do the worst possible things, at the worst possible times, for the sake of greed, power, and inflicting as much damage on institutions, and people as demonically as possible. They, trumpy and minions, need to be powerfully kicked, not to the curb, but directly into the evil cesspool they ALL come from! With indelible Boot prints on their collective asses. Just a thought, or, suggestion.

5 Likes

The rise of China as a counterweight to US hegemony is refreshing, despite Xi’s decidedly despotic approach to governance.

And China is enlisting lots of partners: Russia, Iran, Indonesia and India to varying degrees, and a whole string of ‘belt and road’ participants. Sure, they’ll be under China’s debt load thumb, but the alternative is to be under our sanctions thumb.

4 Likes

I hope Trump uses that blade to decapitate himself.

1 Like

Awesome!!!

1 Like

Indeed it will be if he chooses to listen to me.

This is the best news this week! I don’t think even our CIA has a plan to impose regime change on the UNSC so this ruling may just stick.

1 Like

In an ironic way, while Trump has caused much pain in the domestic front, his role in weakening and in embarrassing the empire has had some positive outcomes.

And these assumptions - as in the title of this peace that the US is or was the ‘leader of the world’ - are propaganda pieces and factually incorrect. No formal world body has ever elected the US to be the leader of the world. The US has volunteered itself to be the gendarme of the world, so I ask this author to retract this title.

3 Likes

Let’s be truthful here, the blow received was by Israel. Our orders regarding Iran and the Mid East come straight from Tel Aviv. Iran poses no threat to the US. Who has Iran invaded in the past 100 years? It was we, at Israel’s behest, who went in and destroyed the Mid East one country at a time.

I pray for the day when the US finally frees itself from the control Israel has over our government. The US and the world would be so much better off.

5 Likes

China has concentration camps for Muslims

Israel doesn’t have the financial or military power to give orders to the United States. You have the power dynamic backwards.

1 Like

Every Politician in the US knows full well that in order for them to be elected, they must declare their allegiance to the State of Israel. It is a known fact.

Now, name another country our Politicians do that for?

That’s power.

6 Likes

The people who gave " the leader of the world " title to the U. S. are the same galoots who gave the title " America’s Team " to the Dallas Cowboys. Probably all Trumper & Jones fans, from the same zip codes and country clubs, too.
Your demand for a retraction is noted. Good one!

US has the most prisoners per population by far than any other country locking up huge percentage of black American men. Can’t believe I have to remind you of that.

4 Likes

But I thought it was important to suppress Muslims – our government kills them by the thousands every year and Trump has tried to ban them three times from entering our country.

1 Like

I believe that you have it backward, catb. Israel has an inordinate amount of political clout in the USA. I’d say that, in some ways, the US is Israel’s bitch.

3 Likes

What does the propaganda phrase “leader of the free world” even mean?
I know the rest of the world never elected America for any kind of office.
Does it mean that anyone not following America’s dictates are not “free”, which would imply that America is morally justified in “liberating” them?

this statement indicates an ignorance of history and the fact that in the u.s. (and elsewhere) there’s a ‘deep state’, unelected and shadowy, that’s more powerful than the elected government. In 1967 during the brief war, israel attacked and tried to sink the u.s.s. liberty, an american intelligence ship off it’s coast. The u.s. response? An attempt to cover up the incident, rather than to seek retribution or reparations. Why would it do this if the american deep state wasn’t so beholden to the cause of zionism and israel that it puts israeli interests in front of american ones? And as others have pointed out, practically all prominent american politicians fight over the (dis)honor of being able to say that they support israel more than their opponents. Why would they do this, if the israeli lobby in america wasn’t among the most powerful lobbies (and certainly the most powerful lobby for a foreign government) there are? Clearly, there is a great deal being concealed, a great deal that’s rotten and corrupt, involved in the ‘special’ alliance between israel and the u.s., and plentiful reason indeed to think that washington does get it’s marching orders from tel aviv, when it comes to middle eastern politics.

1 Like

Am not looking forward to a new world dominated by China. That nation treats its minorities like scum, polices its citizens in Big Brother fashion, and thumbs its nose at global warming (How many coal plants did it build in the last couple of years?). “Hegemony” by China will have just as severe and brutal consequences as that by the United States.

1 Like