Home | About | Donate

No More Holiday Gifts for Repressive Regimes

No More Holiday Gifts for Repressive Regimes

Medea Benjamin

While the world has been transfixed on the epic tragedy in Syria, another tragedy — a hidden one — has been consuming the children of Yemen.

Battered by the twin evils of war and hunger, every 10 minutes a child in Yemen dies from malnutrition, diarrhea, or respiratory-tract infections, UNICEF reports. And without immediate medical attention, over 400,000 kids suffering from severe acute malnutrition could die, too.

As matter of record, Obama will go down in history as the greatest arms dealer the White House has ever seen, further making a mockery of his Nobel Peace prize. Trump will have to work hard to match is pace, but I'm sure he's up to the task. Hillary certainly would have been, but she has enough blood on her hands, as is. Trump's turn, now. The most warlike country in the world marches on.

" Under Obama alone weapon sales to the Saudi's reached a whopping $115 billion."

WAR, WHAT IS GOOD FOR: ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Unless you are a war profiteer, then it is good for your business.

I keep wondering where they find any more grains of sand to bomb. Take grains of sand literally as well as metaphorically, for the people. Do none of these people doing the fighting ever think, "over what?"

"Get your filthy hands off my desert!!" (Pink Floyd, The Final Cut)

"Selling weapons to a repressive regime should never be allowed."

Warfare should never be allowed, and any halfwit head-of-state that starts one should be dragged unceremoniously to the International Court of Justice.

Trump, Obama, May, Hollande, Nutty Yahoo & Saudi Arabia's king will have to go the shopping mall to return their gifts.:clap::+1::joy_cat::eye::eyes::snowflake::beetle::crystal_ball: