Home | About | Donate

'No More Road Left' for Diplomacy, US Ambassador Tells Security Council

'No More Road Left' for Diplomacy, US Ambassador Tells Security Council

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

Doubling-down on the previous threats made by President Donald Trump and Defense Secretary James Mattis over the weekend, U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley on Monday morning declared "enough is enough" when it comes to diplomatic efforts with North Korea—indicating that both military strikes and sanctions against Pyongyang's trading partners could be next.

The USA oligarchy loves war and bombing … MIC profits are terrific…

N.K. has its death embracers. So does the U.S.

Nikki: No more room left for diplomacy?

EXCUSE ME! There is plenty of room left for diplomacy! The war profiteers and the warmongers want a war with N.K.

In spite of what the cheerleaders for war keep on lying to us about N.K.s WMDS, I would submit they are fooling us once again!

Ambassador Haley said, “we have engaged in numerous direct … talks with the North Korean regime.” We have? Really? When? Oh, yeah, 1994, when North Korea suspended their weapons programs.

And SCROTUS threatening to cut off trade with China? Go ahead, Donny, and watch while the US economy crumbles in a day.

Trump’s tweet: " Talking is not the answer."

I guess Trump takes his insane tweet to mean: WAR IS THE ONLY ANSWER!

The saying that either we eliminate wars; or they will eliminate us; is coming true.

Its ignorance vs diplomacy, hate vs love, fear vs courage, violence vs peace, pollution vs decontamination, reactionary vs progressive, lies vs truth, death vs life, evil vs good, greed vs temperance, avarice vs generosity, slavery vs oligarchy, authoritarianism vs democracy, inequality vs equality, conservatives vs liberals.

Direct Grassroots Democracy

Haley is gearing up for a run for president, probably in 2024. Hence the tough talk. Just like we didn’t need a warhawk Hillary Clinton, we don’t and won’t need a warhawk Nikki Haley.

This report at Common Dreams leaves out so much of the basic background. i recommend this article at Counterpunch, outlining the historical timeline of US provocations and NK responses:

https://www.counterpunch.org/2017/09/04/what-the-media-isnt-telling-you-about-north-koreas-missile-tests/

Thanks for posting this excellent article. As usual, we are being played into war. From the article:

“What the media failed to mention was that, for the last three weeks, Japan, South Korea and the US have been engaged in large-scale joint-military drills on Hokkaido Island and in South Korea. These needlessly provocative war games are designed to simulate an invasion of North Korea and a “decapitation” operation to remove (Re: Kill) the regime.”

“Of course the people don’t want war. But after all, it’s the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it’s always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it’s a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger.”

— Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

Outstanding article. Thanks.

Our Regime wants regime change in Venezuela too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUYWrPiUeWY.

Just stop the war games and the pissing contest will end.

Most people have small buttons to push, Trumps are so large he can’t possible hide them.

Thanks for the link. Enjoyed reading it.

" As usual, we are being played into (another ) war."

One has to wonder how much longer the majority of the American people will be conned by the war racket?

Trade sanctions against China?
Hahahahahahahaha!!!

In his “Beyond Vietnam” speech of April 4, 1967, Dr. King said, “War is not the answer.” I thought of that as I read your post.

We must have thousands if not millions of evil beings in the USA. Where did this “Haley” come out of? Trump, bannon, Haley, etc. All terribly wicked entities. We are doomed.

N.H. is yet another sick GOPer with little to no skills regarding governing and/or diplomacy. The GOP continues to show that its current crop of elected officials doesn’t know how to govern …remember this in '18!