Home | About | Donate

'No One Is Above the Law': Federal Court Rules Trump Effort to Seize Pentagon Funds for Border Wall Is Illegal

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/06/26/no-one-above-law-federal-court-rules-trump-effort-seize-pentagon-funds-border-wall

2 Likes

Thats one heck of an artist’s canvas … two sided too. Nothing like a Janus occupant in the WH to multiply the opportunities to manifest the truth.

Calling all artists… emergency blankness on the southern border.

Think we need some wordsmiths and animators too. I keep seeing this cartoon of Trump as wheezie - you know that waahwaahwahh snorfling speaking style just lends itself so perfectly to a cartoon of a horn faced trumpette with not-tiny-hands wristing their palms to the skies. People, the potential is unlimited.

2 Likes

Trump loses the lions share of the lawsuits decided in court. It is sickening watching the trumpsters break laws and weasel around the norms only to be put in their place in the end.

1 Like

Wall? Looks more like a TV reality show set of The Quickest Torch.

The worst part is they know they’re acting criminally so they just go ahead. They’ve caused so much destruction already and its because they knew they weren’t allowed to. They deserve actual punishment. They won’t stop just willfully violating to beat the court rulings.

2 Likes

Photo only:

1. I want the Caterpillar man lift!!
  2. Usual = 5 guys watch one guy work and he even has an assistant up there with him. Cool.
  3. Notice the constatina wire at the left on the ground.
  4. Manway made in 5 minutes using plasma.

Who wins when the administration breaks laws and is later told to stop. The damage has often already been done. They have a hundred other fingers in the till.

1 Like

Today on MSN I saw a article about this (can’t find it now), with a photo of Trump standing in front of a plaque with his name on it attached to a section of newly built wall. He was grinning from ear to ear.
If anyone knows where it is, PLEASE remove it.

1 Like

Why does it take the courts month or years to come to the same conclusion any dummy can come to in a few seconds. Paid by the hour maybe?

1 Like

I think we can be sure that if it was a democratic White House all of this lawlessness would not be allowed.
The Benghazi hearings should show us that.

1 Like

The requirement that the President cannot help himself to funds not appropriated by Congress (for his intended use) is absolutely vital to the distinction between a President and a King. There is no more important distinction.

1 Like

I was under the impression that Trump padded the Defense budget just for that purpose, to pull funds out for his pet projects under the guise of national emergency threats. I will be extra happy if one of McConnell recent far right judge picks/appointees ruled against Trump. Karma.

1 Like

I understand the covidiot has almost a billion bucks in his reelection coffers – if he really wants this wall he should be willing to spend THAT money on it; I know, l know – the only thing he can use that money on has to be directly connected to his reelection campaign, but hey, when was the last time he spent any money on its intended purpose?

1 Like

Recognition of this, or something akin to this, would account for the Court’s decision.