Home | About | Donate

'No Question' Trump and Daughter Ivanka Could Face Jail Time for Tax Fraud After Leaving White House, Says Legal Expert

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/09/29/no-question-trump-and-daughter-ivanka-could-face-jail-time-tax-fraud-after-leaving

6 Likes

Trump will pardon Ivanka for all past tax issues before he leaves office.
And Joe Biden will say “We should move forward, not look backwards” as he pardons Trump.

13 Likes

According to the law, there is “no question” the president and Ivanka Trump could face at least five years in prison for tax evasion, Akerman said.

Ironic that in 2016 Trump an his acolytes chanted: " LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP! About HRC. The 2020 chant may be: LOCK THEM BOTH UP! LOCK THEM BOTH UP!

8 Likes

the only hope is a state AG picks the fight

3 Likes

Moscow Mitch and the organized crime syndicate disguised as the Senate have literally worked overtime to stack federal courts to the extent that Trump and other GOP felons will be exonerated and will not need to flee to Paraguay.

4 Likes

Don’t hold your breath. The Trump children have a lot of experience breaking the law with no
consequences.
~https://www.propublica.org/article/ivanka-donald-trump-jr-close-to-being-charged-felony-fraud

7 Likes

Donny and Ivanka, whose favorite books are Mein Kampf and Lolita…what a lovely age-gap couple they’ve been since Vanky-Vank was 15.
They should be indicted and convicted right now, and then given a honeymoon suite in a federal supermax prison.

5 Likes

You are absolutely correct about Trump’s odor of defecation, and about the Trump trolls who populate this site. Many of these trolls are very clever and well-trained. Some will say things such as, “I can’t stand Trump but…” and then go on to blame everything on Obama and other Democrats.
Whataboutism, deflection, outright lies, and online stalking are also part of their playbook.
Fortunately, a high percentage of commenters are legitimately progressive and intelligent people, which means we know Biden is the lesser of two evils, and Trump is Ultimate Evil.

3 Likes

I won’t hold my breathe.
Big fish rarely go to jail, especially for tax fraud.
The only time the big fish go to the big house is when they do what Bernie Madoff did. He committed the cardinal sins among America’s upper crust. Not only did he rip off fellow rich people, he got caught doing it. Both inexcusable crimes among the oligarchy.
Besides, the oligarchy love Donald Trump. While he’s not a member of their exclusive club, he is the court jester. And they have always loved watching him rub shit all over himself.

10 Likes

"The DOJ is currently guided by a 2000 Office of Legal Counsel memo stating that a sitting president cannot be indicted—guidance that is “far from being definitive” and could be reconsidered by the department, according to Lawfare. "

So what are they waiting for?

2 Likes

“Both President Donald Trump and his daughter Ivanka are liable to face jail time due to tax fraud should the president lose his reelection bid in November, a former Watergate prosecutor told CNN on Tuesday.” Like the sound of one hand clapping that’s liable to happen…right. Clearly Trump won’t use the pardon power, won’t resign and have his VP pardon him if necessary because he wants to face justice? Liberals are wasting time and energy going after Trump. Put forward progressive policies and change the country. Tax the wealthy, corporations and the rich on their gross income. Get rid of the net income fiction for AMZN and other tax cheaters. Do you want to rant and rave about BLM or end the war on drugs, stop midnight raids and have police go without guns in bright blue uniforms so people are not threatened. Policy not vengence.

3 Likes

Yeah, well, there has been one wave of mass criminality after another going back decades, and not a damn thing has been done about it. Hell, remember the Holder doctrine? It doesn’t matter what the law is, or how guilty a person is. Big problem is that the opposition party, the Democrats, are corrupt and are in no position to lead the fight against this. Keep in mind, if they set a precedent, guess what happens, the other corrupt party then goes digging and finds similar things. How many of them would be left standing? In no way will corrupt Democrats like Pelosi, Feinstein, Schumer, Biden or Hoyer go after anyone in ways that would be used against them. This is why, with these people in charge, nothing can or will be done about corruption. If we are serious about corruption, and center-left liberals aren’t, then we deal with it systemically and all these pricks pay for their corruption.

By the way, seen what Howard Dean, Dick Gephardt and John Boehner are up to these days? Cashing in. Mayor Pete is too, so is Obama. The Clintons and the Bush family did long ago.

10 Likes

Gold shovels? I would be willing to bet none in the picture have ever gotten dirt under their fingernails or done anything most of us would consider hard work. What a disgusting bunch of pukes.

5 Likes

The consulting fee being totally equal to his daughters income as a partner in a ‘consult’ firm.

really, really dumb.

Please carefully use a third party when transferring money to your grandchildren, great grandchildren. I will happily provide you banking numbers that assist providing you good protection against former Nixon types, like Akerman, who sit around looking for bad.

1 Like

Oh, so, this presidency was all a hoax. Hmm, gee, David Cay Johnston was telling America that drumpf was a tax fraud before he was elected. If only this ship of fools had been listening. Ah, but in reality that’s what the republicans have been clamoring for all along, a goddamn tax cheat to lead the way.

2 Likes

Lets lock up the tax cheats, if it turns out they are. All of them.

BTW, some US states, Delaware is a major one, have long been our own secrecy jurisdictions.

So, this problem is a serious one and its safe to say that both parties ownerships are basically the same people.

3 Likes

My question as well. I have not found in the Constitution of the United States any amendment declaring that the president or any of his perps and family are immune from prosecution and jail time for high crimes and misdemeanors as long as they are in office.
** Impeachment pretty well covers it, but I don’t think our founding fathers ever considered that a fascist group would ever be able to buy the Congress and Senate to do their bidding. I don’t believe the Office of “Legal” Counsel has the power to amend the Constitution, nor does the alleged Department of “Justice.”
** Governments going back thousands of years have records of getting a crooked, greedy government in charge, that thinks it is above the law. When the People realize what is going on, they have frequently removed the criminals from government, often permanently, and established a new government. Seems to me that the Declaration of Independence lays that out in great detail, pointing out that, "governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security."
** The current situation in this country is so well laid out in the Declaration of Independence that I must echo Wings of a Dove’s question with a small word change.
What the Hell are We the People waiting for?
;-})

5 Likes

Can’t be any clearer than that. How to implement it. That’s the tricky business.

4 Likes

What the hell is saving Ivanka from prosecution? She’s not a sitting president.

And why the hell is such an obvious dirtbag like rumpdump doing in the Bleached House? How fucking strange. How on earth did someone so obviously dishonest and corrupt and incompetent become president? The orange tinted ratbastard is embarrassing. Why do people believe anything he says? Just look at him! He’s such a phony!! I’m afraid I just don’t understand US people anymore.

3 Likes

Preferably the New York AG—it’s the potential indictments in New York facing the Orange Pustule, that’s got him worried enough to appoint a toady to tinker with the Post Office and repress voting in certain areas.

5 Likes