Home | About | Donate

'No SOTU for You': Pelosi Tells Trump House Chamber Not an Option Unless Government Reopens

'No SOTU for You': Pelosi Tells Trump House Chamber Not an Option Unless Government Reopens

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

After President Donald Trump insisted on Wednesday that he still intends to deliver the State of the Union address next week even though Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (Calif.) rescinded his invitation last week, the speaker quickly doubled down on her decision.

0 Likes

A powerful woman with a Big hammer, job well done Speaker, well done!

1 Like

These speeches have been, at best, dull affairs since the assassination of JFK. I recommend boycott, hoping for ratings in the single digits.

2 Likes

I will never forgive her for Dubya. I know her history well. But this job of the SOTU, she gets an A+.

1 Like

I couldn’t rate Pelosi an A+ for the SOTU job, that’s reserved for things like democracy and penicillin. If Pelosi had introduced serious serious climate reform leadership, that would get at least an A+, a B maybe for even suggesting real reform. If she persecuted republicans guilty of high treason like Bush or Trump, that is at least an A-, But for SOTU id give her a C at best, possibly a D+.

2 Likes

I can’t get this image out of my mind of the Tangerine Twit taking his cue from Martin Luther and nailing the SOTU to the door of the House Chamber.

Of course, the Tangerine Twit is no Martin Luther. In fact, he’s probably never heard of him. He’d probably confuse him with that civil rights guy with a similar name. Probably wouldn’t know how to operate a hammer either.

0 Likes

The Constitution does not set a place or time for the president to report on the State of the Union, he can write a letter on the subject if he/she so wishes.

1 Like

What is taking Nancy, Chuck, and all of these Democrats so long to say in no uncertain terms, “We do not negotiate with a Terrorist?”

1 Like

Yeah, I know. I just wanted to them to give back better than they got from you know who.

It’s called the Duopoly Two-Step.

Step one: Lie to the electorate,
Step two: Make the best deal with the corporations that keeps their reelection coffers full.

0 Likes

I guess you’ll get your education when you read what I wrote.

0 Likes

I gave her a grade on one thing and for some reason people keep tying longer tales to that kite WTF???

1 Like

I did too. Her leadership has been unflappable on this issue. Credit where it’s due.

0 Likes

I go back and forth about whether those kind of “I’m a regular guy” tests should have a bearing on my support for a candidate.

Some days I reason that people born with a platinum spoon in their mouths have never had to deal with any kind of struggle in life and are thus less able to see the problems of regular people. On those days I think Presidential debates should just be replaced with a requirement (on film) to take a bus to the store, buy food for a meal, go home and cook it while doing the laundry. Can’t fold a fitted sheet? You’re not Presidential timber.

Other days I’m more concerned with my basic philosophy of “show me the evidence.” That leads me to only look at the policies the person advocates and the actions they take to move things in a positive direction.

I’m curious what others think about that.

0 Likes

Well, Herbert Hoover was orphaned at age 9, while FDR was a quintessentially uppercrust silver spoon candidate (polio aside). Kennedy was extremely wealthy while Nixon grew up decidedly lower working class. Bush I (and II) grew up with a silver spoon, while Clinton was dirt poor. My feeling is the stereotypes just don’t hold very well in terms of policy outcomes.

1 Like

Nancy, you go girl. Play your “Trump” card as often as you like.

0 Likes

Sorry Ditton, I didn’t mean anything by the remarks, its just a talking point, and a sore one for me. I know your not a Pelosi fan, I guess I just cant bear to see someone I consider more harmful than Trump getting credit for anything. I don’t mean it in any sense of criticism toward you or your statement - it did have the element of pointing out to Trump that he is not the whole government, he is not the supreme ruler of the land. I think this realization probably came as a shock to him

0 Likes

It’s alright…everyone is on edge…we are on the edge of a cliff and some times it’s best to be very specific so there are no misunderstandings…Kool.

1 Like