Home | About | Donate

'No Survivors' After Russian Airliner with 224 Aboard Goes Down Over Egypt

'No Survivors' After Russian Airliner with 224 Aboard Goes Down Over Egypt

Common Dreams staff

A Russian passenger airliner with 224 hundred on board has crashed in Egypt on Saturday with early reports indicating no survivors.

Adel Mahgoub, chairman of the state company that runs Egypt's civilian airports, has said that all 217 passengers and the seven crew members were all Russian citizens. Later reports indicate that nationals from Ukraine and Belarus may also have been on board.

Cui bono?

I'm sorry for your loss.

So strange, Secretary of Defense Ashton Carter seems to have inside knowledge last week when he made this statement.

It was the sinking of the Lucitania that lit the fuse for World War I.

The Bay of Pigs almost lit a fuse in Cuba.

The Gulf of Tonkin ship attack was used to boost the Vietnam War.

Talk of painting a jet to look like another nation's craft only to bring it down (as ruse intended) to fuel antipathies is well-known. (It was a tactic being toyed with to ignite aggression in the Middle East prior to the all-out war on Iraq.)

911 involved plane crashes, too.

With tensions mounting in that particular part of the world and some maniacal fools INTENT upon starting a W.W. III.... foul play should not be ruled out.

Connecting dots will of course be defined as "conspiracy theories."

Excellent link. Thanks for posting it.

The Victoria Nuland coup-sters did their heist upon Ukraine and then the entire U.S. media went to work, lock-step, to turn Putin into the aggressor. Similar parallels appear to be underway now with respect to Syria.

What an upside-down world it is when it was Russia's intervention into W.W. II that largely stopped Hitler's all-out destruction of Europe. And when Putin came to Syria's AID to stop major war there instead of being canonized, he's being vilified by a Western media that is beholden to Empire and its imperial troops--the M.I.C.

We are living in a world were the rule of law has been throw out the window, so who the hell knows. These are dangerous times indeed that we live in.

"Lusitania" ..not "Lucitania" . Sorry SR, I couldn't help it, you misspelled something... :wink:

Very sad. I wonder if the pilots had time to report anything, or if the black box has been recovered. It is sad and suspicious that our "partner" Saudi Arabia has been calling for a jihad in Syria. Possible tie in with that?

I read that one witness at the crash site reported there was a number of the Airline passengers cell phones ringing. So my guess is some had time to call there loved ones and wish then goodbye. I've also heard that the pilots wanted to make an emergency landing at a airport in the area.

Latest news in France says that ISIS has claimed responsibility. If so, where did they the logistics to know that plane was Russian? Think they got the green light from DC?

Here's one very recent indication of logistical coordination between ISIS and DC:
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article43292.htm

Pair of binoculars, misc flight tracking sites on the internet, home made ADS-B receiver a few that come to mind.

Is that according to Howard Zinn's revisionist history? What i learned is that "Russia" didn't "intervene" in WWII. They actually signed a pact of non aggression with Hitler giving each other free reign over the respectively occupied territories. Hitler started operation Barbarossa, invasion of the Soviet Union so "Russia" didn't have a choice.

Initial report shows the plane crashed because of a technical problem. I sure hope that's the case. Because this is not a good time for this to be happening.

I wouldn't doubt that at all. Hopefully the Russians will get to the bottom of this soon.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.