Home | About | Donate

No Way To Treat A Child

No Way To Treat A Child

Calling Israel's widespread military detention of Palestinian kids as young as 10 "state-sponsored child abuse," Rep. Betty McCollum (D-MN) has introduced a bill to ban Israel from using any of its billions in bloody U.S. taxpayer dollars to pay for "clearly a gross human rights violation against children.” The bill, which would also fund treatment for kids, was welcomed by rights advocates; for former child prisoner Ahed Tamimi, it offers "Palestinian kids and our families a glimmer of hope (after) so many decades of darkness."

3 Likes

It’s a great bill, but we all know that will down in flames due to AIPAC’s ability to purchase a large majority of Congress and the senate. The bill will be labeled ‘anti-Semitic’ and that will be that. Israel feels it is an inherent right to indiscriminately slaughter any Palestinian at anytime that protests anything. We must focus on eliminating AIPAC if the U.S. government can ever be taken seriously by the rest of the world when it comes to human rights.

11 Likes

No one outside the US—and a number of those inside which is shrinking daily—believes anything this government says about human rights (see its treatment of children seeking asylum at its southern border).

None of which is to suggest that McCollum’s bill is a waste of time. It’s always good to get our elected “representatives” on the record on such issues.

7 Likes

Watching Jared Kushner on C-Span present his Middle East Peace Policy to neocon Robert Satloff of the Washington Institute for Near East Policy reminds me of the movie the Gladiator after Commodus stabs Gladiator in the side then pretends he will fight him fairly. Nepotism, corruption, father paid Harvard for entrance, 666 bailed out, loathsome. Two neocons with all theirTrump cards. Arms deals to Saudi’s, 85,000 babies starved to death, cholera epidemic, millions starving. Embassy moved to Jerusalum, theft and brutality toward Palestinians. Theft of billions in American taxes to pay Israel’s wider aims while taking away millions for Palestinians refugees.

10 Likes

Hopefully this legislation to at least give the appearance of caring about Palestinian children and how our billions in annual foreign aid to Israel, will see the light of day in Congress, but the supporters of Israeli policies and racism re the Palestinians, usually bury anything even the least bit critical of Israeli extremism and/or racism. The chair of the House Foreign Affairs Committee is Eliot Engel, a staunch supporter of Israel, and that may spell the end of this legislation. I guess that depends if there are any beside Ilhan Omar on the committee that are not in thrall to Israeli racism and subversion of American interests.

4 Likes

Once AGAIN

Boycott, Divest, and Sanction the Apartheid Government of Israel.

Torturing Children, … Perpetrators…Lazy minded Gang Bangers.

Look at the picture of the gang of thugs again, notice the rifle trained directly on the camera person. Worth a thousand words…

Documentation of War Crimes is Illegal or, more succinctly, Deadly in this case.

10 Likes

The cards have been stacked that’s for sure. At one time I didn’t think Palestinians would be able to come here to talk about Palestine because of travel restrictions. You rarely hear from them. Neocons tried to restrict freedom of speech in America by banning BDS, how un-American. For these reasons I am against anyone being in US office who holds a dual citizenship with Israel. I would not vote for Bernie Sanders even though I really like him for the above reasons. Israel and Saudi Arabia are no good. When you lie with the devil you lose and get burned.

All accurate except that Bernie has said repeatedly he does not hold dual US/Israeli citizenship.

3 Likes

Do you think Bernie Sanders could be unbiased in his foreign affairs? When asked by AIPAC how he feels about Israel he wrote "What do you think."So far the American governments have repeatedly vetoed all UN efforts to protect Palestinians. The rest of the world gets it, yet our policies keep lock step with Israel in Yemen and theft of Palestine. I have been waiting for the “arc of time to bend toward justice” MLK I want AIPAC out of my country and stop influencing middle east policy for their real country which is Israel.

4 Likes

At the top of this pyramid of Goons is Netanyahu. We fund Israel directly as well as millions for their pac AIPAC. They can still credit card off of the holocaust, but they are slowly diminishing its memory and price

1 Like

Sanders is expressing a large segment of the Jewish population. He is jewish, by the way. pass port or not. Netanyahu is considered a goon not a courageous hero. An old testament thug.

1 Like

The saddest thing of all is why Israel even does this. So many say, "Never Forget, " but they weren’t even alive that long ago-----so what is it they are never to forget ? We never forget how easily the Nazis took power-----and see, Netanyahu is in power again----and so NEVER FORGET---- but this “forgetfulness,” always refer to ALL nations of the world----are you listening America and ICE? Israelis became nazis so easily----- without ever experiencing the horror of becoming a non person-----which is what is being done to the Palestinians—daily. And what America is doing to immigrants daily and —those immigrants will never forget-----and on and on it goes. : (

4 Likes

700 a year. 700 children and their families traumatized per year, an estimate at best. Childhood acquired trauma is unlike any other form of PTSD. The brain literally becomes malformed and the organs that produce neurotransmitters are forever distorted to the degree that proper neurotransmitter regulation is never achieved. It’s end product is a lifetime of living in Hell. My personal trauma was more extreme in some sense by so closely related just reading this has made my blood run cold because I know all too well there are few that understand the damage being done. Most haven’t a clue to horror inflicted and I do mean Horror. Horror that only stops at death. It is all well and good the talk about the issues surrounding the children but it is the children that will never have a normal life and their families will be stressed not knowing how to deal with these little time bombs. You hear horror stories of Vet’s with PTSD, a child does not have the capacity to think as an adult does so the actions and reactions are way more intense and bizarre.

O if we could only be humane and kind, then maybe my heart wouldn’t break and my mind wouldn’t explode.

Sorry, I was deeply moved.

7 Likes

AIPAC is just one vile lobbying group. We need to get rid of paid and paying lobbyists, period… paid lobbyist = LIAR.

2 Likes

I didn’t know about this proposed legislation until Abby’s article. I wasn’t even done reading it when I saw “my rep” wasn’t a co-sponsor and called his office. I’ll hound him until he either signs (fat chance) or gives me an explanation…in which case, I’ll lambast him. Yech.

2 Likes

Um, so what if he’s Jewish?

1 Like

BDS is isn’t about the Israeli government.

It’s about Israeli businesses and their influence over the government.

Greenpeace lobbies, unions lobby, the Sierra Club lobbies…

This bill is an effin’ joke, and McCollum must be a moron not to recognize the irony if the bill and the inherent hypocrisy of anyone who supports it.

If they’re using US gifts to torture kids, don’t ask them to stop (which they won’t, anyway,) CUT OFF THE DAMN FUNDING. And what is this child abuse fixation? are you suggesting that bulldozing people’s homes, salting their farms and cutting them off from potable water is ACCEPTABLE simply because it doesn’t target children?

5 Likes

Rep. McCollum is at least trying to do the right thing, even knowing that AIPAC will target her, and that the boneheads who watch Fox “News” will paint her as a supporter of “terrorists”.

Here’s a news flash: the biggest terrorists in the world are the U.S. Dept. of “Defense”, and the the Israeli “Defense” Force.

And no, I am not anti-Semitic at all. I am, however, extremely anti-Fascist and anti-Zionist, to the degree that Fascism and Zionism overlap, which is considerable.

6 Likes