Home | About | Donate

Noam Chomsky's First Campaign Contribution Was To Bernie Sanders

Noam Chomsky's First Campaign Contribution Was To Bernie Sanders

Zach Carter, Huff Post

Radical intellectual Noam Chomsky has supported just two federal political candidates with campaign contributions over the past 18 years.

Chomsky gave a total of $750 to Ralph Nader's 2000 presidential bid. But a month before he started cutting checks for that corporate reformer, Chomsky had already given $200 to a candidate for the U.S. House of Representatives from Vermont named Bernie Sanders.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Much as I admire Chomsky, giving money to politicians good or bad should be illegal. Money feeds a corrupt system.

Until We the people end our dependence on politicians, will be like a junkie that promises this will be his last fix.

Politicians should be simple government employees and the people the boss that pays their salary, not the reverse.

That said, this hypocrite will also be sending Bernie a check.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Chomsky endorsed Jill Stein in 2012. I don't think any Democratic candidate has a foreign policy that would earn Chomsky's endorsement. I expect he will again endorse the Green Party candidate even if Sanders is the nominee. Apparently he doesn't give campaign contributions to Green Party candidates, but only endorses them.