Home | About | Donate

#NoMuslimBanEver: Rapid-Response Protests Nationwide After Court's Shameful Ruling

#NoMuslimBanEver: Rapid-Response Protests Nationwide After Court's Shameful Ruling

Jon Queally, staff writer

In response to the U.S. Supreme Court's "shameful" decision on Tuesday morning upholding President Donald Trump's travel ban from several majority-Muslim countries, civil liberties and religious freedom groups called on those outraged by the ruling to attend—or organize—a rapid-response rally in their local community.

First they came for the transgender people, and then they came for the children and put them in cages, then they came for the Muslims.

Traditional Christian Family Values.

Thanks, Obama, for letting the Repubs decide the fate of the court.

Does this mean that the Orange Butt administration can deport Muslims already in the US, even US citizens?

The conservative judges go too far; it is time for a revolution.

Time for a NON-VIOLENT revolution –

STOP supporting organized patriarchal religions – male-supremacist religions which
continue their war on women and children. And, of course, a long list of others …
including homosexuals.

STOP the chain of violence involved in animal-eating – GO VEGAN and free the animals
where billions are slaughtered every year for “food” which does harm to human beings,
creating high blood pressure, heart problems, diabetes, cancer, obesity, high cholesterol, etal.

STOP the attack on Net Neutrality and forgo cable service if it happens.
it is AT&T, Verizon and Comcast pushing this legislation.

I believe that Orange Butt would turn a revolution into violence – it takes only one to make a war, whether we like it or not.

Why Americans fear Muslims

Article from The Intercept published in 2017 but provides a reminder about the years of Muslim bashing as part of the war on terror.

As issues get more complex, and the empire is going down, and most institutions are failing, we get a failed TV host as president riding the support of billionaires who are getting more money without regard for the earth.

There is absolutely nothing “supreme” about a bigoted court.

It’s a pity there’s no actual news content any more on these important issues and CD is merely forwarding Twitter comments without analyzing what the court said. There wasn’t even a link to the opinion.

The opinion basically said the President can do whatever he want on immigration as long as he has provided a pretext of having gone through the motions and given a plausible reason, referencing national security. I wanted to see this opinion analyzed.

I read it myself, and I think one of the most important tidbits in the opinion, and left out of this article, is this quote from Thomas’s concurring opinon, in which he basically issues an outright threat to the lower federal courts to try and intimidate them from issuing such injunctions: “In sum, universal injunctions are legally and historically dubious. If federal courts continue to issue them, this Court is duty bound to adjudicate their authority to do so.”

IOW, You do this again and we’ll take this power away.

The

Remember, the Supreme Court in the USA ruled that the internment of Japanese Americans was Constitutional. They ruled throwing Eugene Debs into prison for protesting against a war was Constitutional. They can and will make the Constitution read anything the wish it to read.

Unless the People revolt in masses.

Africa, Middle East, Asia, South America now have countries, or members of who are banned from the U.S. Add all this to all the American Government sanctions, trade tariffs. American isolationism. What public protests will solve, or help fix this crisis, again?

Currently there are actions to STOP support of stores which are selling Trump or Ivanka
clothing for males or females, shoes, ties – wine – whatever.
It’s been active for quite some time and is resurging, seemingly.

That is just part of what I’ve always recommended in the way of non-cooperation with Elites./
Patriarchy and their systems of Capitalism and “Christianity” which have been the strongest
tools over centuries – or 2,000 years – in their Elite toolbox.

Meanwhile, believe Trump is still selling “Dinners with the President” at Mar-a-lago each
weekend – where it costs taxpayers $20 million every weekend to transport him there?

Very likely Trump will find a way to make war – possibly on North Korea or Venezuela – or
maybe Iraq – whatever we do or don’t do. Iraq’s long been on the US/CIA list.

How are you thinking that we can begin to overturn fascism in the US?

We can’t have a US government under fascist control without also having a
Supreme Court making fascist rulings –

Kind of like, Nazis and the Nuremberg Laws.

Everything they did was “legal.”

I’m unsure how he did that. He did appoint Sonia Sotomayor and Elana Kagan - both of whom were on the good side of this and most opinions. It was Sotomayor’s scathing dissent in this case that led to the only good part of the final decision here (the part in the majority opinion that said that the Supreme Court erred in the Japanese internment case).

Agreed. Also, don’t forget the power of the bible, too. Been around longer to justify horrors for centuries.

Just keep voting and paying your taxes, people. Obey. Do not question. The institutions of the United States of America are broken, busted, corrupted, bought off. There are no checks and balances, and the “opposition party” are just as much in bed with the corporate thieves as the party in power. But trust me, if you just vote and, you know, hang in there and keep the faith, I’m absolutely certain things will turn around …

I have been advocating for the removal of the title “Supreme” from our current court for some time.

Perhaps, “Nazi” or “Fascist” would be a better adjective to describe the current court.

In turn the Japanese that held Americans marched and starved them to death, medical care was the maggots used to eat away infection. And those that survived were used in medical inhumane experiments.

Let’s not forget the other rulings too:

https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2018/06/mcconnell-court-now-in-the-drivers-seat/