Home | About | Donate

North Carolina Sued by Rights Groups Over Unprecedented Hate Bill

North Carolina Sued by Rights Groups Over Unprecedented Hate Bill

Nika Knight, staff writer

"North Carolina legislators cannot strip equality out of the Constitution and the law," declared the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) on Monday, as it announced that it was jointly filing a lawsuit (pdf) against North Carolina's extreme anti-LGBTQ law passed last week. Advocacy groups Lambda Legal and Equality North Carolina also joined the suit.

There is something really sick about the "legislators" so obsessed by sexual matters that they spend time, effort, money on such matters which are NOT for the safety of anyone, or the protection of the vulnerable-just the opposite.

This is the oath taken by Senators, Congressmen, and most employees of the US Government:

“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.”

The President takes an even simpler, but more direct oath:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

I don’t see anything in there about protecting the “Too big to fail” banks and financial institutions. I don’t see anything in that oath about supporting the businesses and groups that pay me the most money to pass laws in their favor. It is just to protect and defend the Constitution.

In reading the Constitution and its amendments, I find it mainly concerned with the safety and well-being of its citizens, not an Oligarchy. I read the checks and balances written into the Constitution, to keep one group, one branch of the government, from taking over the country. I have not read one word that supports fascism, or the “corporate state.”

In reading what has been done, and is being done, by those who have taken their oath of office, I think that all but a very few should be impeached, tried and convicted, for virtually shattering that Constitution they vowed to protect and defend, for their own financial and power gains.

Should that be done, perhaps We the People could again live democratically in a Constitutional Republic as we once did before big money bought the three branches of government to be their servants.
;-})

When Samuel Johnson said in 1775 “that patriotism is the last the refuge of rouges and scoundrels” he could have added religion to that as well. I grew up in Dixie and never could understand the need to put others down. It sure as hell never put rice in my bowl. There must be sompthin in the water.

This is another example of Southern bigotry and racism to the point it's driving business right out of the state.
Their is no way these scum could win a federal court challenge.
Now we know the reason the republicans want to keep a vacant seat in the SC instead of doing it's constitutional job.
You can see the poor leadership of these Southern bigoted states when they will give up their entire economy over this kind of discrimination.

namora, it's not the religion it's the abuse of religion. Their is nothing in the Christian faith that teaches hate, bigotry and racism.

My point exactly. People with strong religious convictions and a firm grasp of the teachings of most religious beliefs will answer for their beliefs but don't need everyone to think as they do. It is the showmen that seem to be trying to convince themselves.

I agree with you.

Men in dresses want access to women only spaces and get their feathers all ruffled and call it "unprecedented hate" when others point out what might seem obvious to the causal observer: if you have a penis, you are a man, even if you put on a dress, make-up and high heels, you are still a man albeit a delusional man.

Did anyone ask me, a woman, if I want to share bathrooms or locker rooms with these individuals? Did anyone ask me, a woman, if I want to have feminism redefined by a bunch of narcissistic cross-dressers?

Diminishing concerns that women and girls might be assaulted by transvestites if allowed access to female only spaces is self-serving, at best and alarming, at worst. If men in dresses are scared of men in pants, those two groups need to work out their problems together and not involve females in their issues.