Home | About | Donate

North Dakota Wants to Arrest Democracy Now!’s Amy Goodman for Engaging in Journalism

North Dakota Wants to Arrest Democracy Now!’s Amy Goodman for Engaging in Journalism

John Nichols

So much for the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States.

A word about US District Judge James E. Boasberg.
He's the federal judge who ruled against Native Americans last Friday.
Judge Boasberg is an Obama appointee.
He is also a judge on the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court. (I assume he now has a file on every person at that protest.)
Boasberg attended Yale where he was a member of Skull and Bones. (Just like Bush.)
He ruled against regulating tax preparers. (Buyer beware.)
But he did rule that Hillary's e-mails must be released to the public. (Probably secretly supports Trump.)

Jill Stein gets it. Hillary too busy not being Trump I guess.

Amy Goodman is putting corporate press and the entire corrupt and repressive edifice of American Empire to shame by reporting the TRUTH! And yes, the American people CAN handle the truth, as witnessed by the outpouring of public support, both spiritual and financial, for the Standing Rock people, with over 100 cities holding actions on Tuesday.

The Revolution is ON.

Matt, the only one "jabbering" about this seems to be you ...

As I say at the end of every episode of Democracy Now!.......Thank you Amy.

Amy should be getting used to this by now.
Was she not arrested at Zucotti park while reporting on the shutdown of Occupy? And then there was that time she was detained at the Canadian border, searched, questioned or rather interrogated while on route to Vancouver to give a talk at a library fergodsakes.
Well, truth has its dangers in a police state...

To paraphrase Orwell: IN A TIME OF UNIVERSAL, CORPORATE DECEIT; REPORTING THE TRUTH WILL CAUSE YOU TO HAVE A WARRANT ISSUED FOR YOUR ARREST!

You raise a good point in general, however, as it applies to the situation in North Dakota other questions must be asked. The kinds of questions worthy of a Bull Connor, for the situation in North Dakota is little different in terms of race relations than that of the South during the early 1960's. You see, there are more dynamic at play with this than just the pipeline. For many of the local gentry the mindset has little changed from the 1860;s with the regular and constant displays of hostility and contempt for Native Americans an inculcated value.

Matt,
Who'd you say is trespassing on who's land?
I think you have a narrow minded grasp of the issues here.