Home | About | Donate

North Korean Missiles are Not the Threat to Hawaii—It’s Our Own U.S. Military’s Leaking Jet Fuel Storage Tanks

North Korean Missiles are Not the Threat to Hawaii—It’s Our Own U.S. Military’s Leaking Jet Fuel Storage Tanks

Ann Wright

fter the big North Korean missile scare in Hawaii a year ago, one would think that missiles are the greatest threat to the island of Oahu. Yet, it’s not missiles that are the threat, it’s our own U.S. military and its massive jet fuel storage tanks that are leaking into Oahu’s drinking water aquifer.

Any of those flag waving “Patriots” would tell you that poisoned drinking water and contaminated air, along with the cancers and early deaths they bring to men women and children , are the price one has to pay for being FREE! After all would you not prefer your child get leukemia over having to speak Russian?

I live in a poor state that has significant ties to the military. A local AF base’s fuel storage tanks have leaked into the groundwater for decades. Nothing is being done.

I often look up state mottos—and they are always ironic. : (

Hawaii’s is:“Ua mau ke ea o ka aina i ka pono. " Which means 'The life of the land is perpetuated in righteousness.” I wish it really was instead of ruining a beautiful land with military poison. : (

love this woman…cut the MIC budget by 80%