Home | About | Donate

'Not a Tragic Accident—A Crime Scene': Critics Say Trump Covid Diagnosis a 'Culmination' of His Deadly Pandemic Response

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/10/02/not-tragic-accident-crime-scene-critics-say-trump-covid-diagnosis-culmination-his

3 Likes

This “diagnosis” (most likely a phony diagnosis) presents many strategic opportunities for Trump, Moscow Mitch, and the organized crime syndicate disguised as the GOP to manipulate public opinion, appointments, the election, and Trump dynasty’s future.

Ever since Joseph McCarthy, Robert Taft and the Dulles brothers staged their witch hunt in 1950, the GOP has serially proven its ability to apply effective strategy far superior to the Democrats. This is just the latest example. Expect serial October surprises during the upcoming weeks.

10 Likes

Exactly my thoughts! Very well said.

7 Likes

Klein repeated her argument in an interview on Democracy Now! , warning that the U.S. public must be “prepared for the president using the fact that he’s having to cancel campaign events for two weeks to try to further delegitimize elections.”

Naomi Klein… BINGO!..****

9 Likes

I agree.

1 Like

may he and his thug colleagues on all levels finally leave us all with covid.

5 Likes

We have to assume we are being lied to until we document the truth. Trump may or may not have covid-19, but let me ask: CUI BONO?

4 Likes

These vermin deserve what they get. No sympathy from me for these lying, corrupt, fascists, arrogant, Nazi, butthead, evil, pieces of shit. May they all suffer as they have made people throughout the world suffer so much. Peace

10 Likes

This may very well help Trump. If Trump recovers in the next two weeks (assuming that he is even infected!), Trump will claim that the consequences of the virus are exaggerated and that he is living proof of this. He will claim that he is “tough” and a “fighter” and that his battle with the “China virus” is a victory for the American people.
In many ways it simply doesn’t matter (unless Trump dies from the virus) how Trump spins his infection as Trump will not step down after the election regardless of how much Biden wins by. But in Trumps mind, he will be vindicated by surviving the virus as he quickly returns to his coterie of corporate sycophants and war mongers.
On the flip side of this development, if Trump succumbs to the virus and dies in office, will we be subjected to a Pence-Biden duel? Though Pence is a malleable corporate servant of Wall Street, (reminds me of Truman), Pence is not intelligent enough to resist any part of an evil corporate agenda and could possibly even be worse than his current boss. At the same time, Progressives will not be motivated to bother to vote if Trump dies because the only message from the Democrats from the beginning has been “Stop Trump at all costs” and therefore if Trump is gone, Progressives will have little reason to bother to vote on November 3rd. By the same token, Evangelicals will be delighted that ‘one of them’ is running and will come out in droves to support someone who believes in an imminent ‘rapture’, prayer in school and creationism.
The next four weeks will be a rollercoaster ride that none of us will forget even though nothing of substance in our dysfunctional government will change.

8 Likes

You missed a possibility. Trump could have it. And survive it. But never recover from it.

Not that I have any predictions on how that might affect things.

4 Likes

Couple of thoughts…this may very well be a another false flag event. Governments always lie when it’s to their advantage. Think of the 1950’s when people downwind(mostly Indigenous tribes) of nuclear tests complained about the probable side effects and radiation exposure. They were told not to worry, while American children drank milk loaded with Strontium-90 from cows munching on fallout laden grass. Best ironic effect-all those actors such as John Wayne, making those patriotic racist movies in Monument Valley, exposed to fallout, all died from cancer. Of course, Wayne smoked like a chimney, too.
Second, stop the sympathy posts! Sociopaths feed on pity like condors on carcasses. It’s their super energy drink. Every world leader’s comments sending get-well-soon thoughts just feed the Troll. Martha Stout’s book The Sociopath Next Door has an entire chapter on what makes sociopaths happy, and pity and sympathy rank highest.
Now we wait…

10 Likes

It is probably a fake diagnosis, though I have my doubts. I do think the whole stabbing of Bolsonaro was staged, and gave him a lot of sympathy where he won. Here, I’m not so sure. Anyhow, Hope gave her lover more than hickies this time around. Nobody ever said one cannot be grateful that someone may die of “natural” causes after having lived a long life. Hopefully the president’s poor heart is in shape to withstand coronavirus, what after all the cocaine in the 80s and adderall later on. And we can only pray that the First Lady makes it to Christmas, her favorite holiday. All jokes aside, it could be a way to muzzle the president, create sympathy, whatever. For me, I am still not voting in this election - I don’t see what either party will do to help the Palestinians, the Yemenis, global warming refugees etc. etc… so its all just a circus.

3 Likes

This probably isn’t in the news with such competing priorities, but the West Coast is now the new poster child for poisoned toxic water. Evidently, there is still no plan for water resources when your town burns to the ground.

~https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/02/science/wildfires-water-toxins.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

“After the Paradise Fire, for example, tests reported in a new study showed benzene levels in drinking water at 2,217 parts per billion. The Tubbs Fire led to levels as high as 40,000 parts per billion. California health authorities say 1 part per billion is dangerous over the long-term, and 26 parts per billion is dangerous for short-term exposure And many other compounds that end up in water after fire can also create health risks.”

5 Likes

“Trump has spent his entire life avoiding the consequences of his actions”

Speaking of which, when it comes to drumpf one must always, always, always, look for motive to understand, figure out, what it is he’s up to. And the answer is always the same, himself, money, and power. 209,000 + never had a chance with this lying narcissistic psychopath and his orcs in charge. And this morning there is at least some poetic justice.

3 Likes

Tell the Proud Boys to stand back and stand by . . . with a shovel.

9 Likes

I was thinking the same thing. If he has a mild case (or a made up case) and recovers (or claims to recover) by the election he’ll be using this to reassure his dumbass followers that there’s nothing to this pandemic.

If his diagnosis is true and he gets a bad case then I’d say he pretty much reaped what he sowed.

3 Likes

I think the Brits and most of Europe are way ahead of us.
~https://rulingclassobserver.com/inspiration-from-trafalgar/

1 Like

Did you know their leader is a black-hispanic dude?

Crazy!

1 Like

Trump has a lot of blood on his hands. He is singularly responsible for the U.S. trailing the rest of the world. He has been playing Russian roulette and the gun finally went off.

5 Likes

I’m actually quite shocked at how much partisanship there still is given the open depravity and hypocrisy of both parties.

At some point you can’t blame politicians anymore but look in the mirror for the culprit. I think we’ve reached that point.

1 Like