Home | About | Donate

'Not an Exoneration—A Cover-Up': Nationwide Protests Planned to Denounce GOP Acquittal of Trump

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/02/03/not-exoneration-cover-nationwide-protests-planned-denounce-gop-acquittal-trump

4 Likes

What a waste of time and money that “trial” was. Let’s hear the fat lady sing.

7 Likes

I can’t hold a tune but I’ll try. Oh, and I am not a lady either.

Let’s hope lightning strikes him when his golf club is at the top of his swing…

6 Likes

A large percentage of he People are aggrivated with this outcome. It is palpable and quite possibly can be cut with a knife. Trump’s survival in office beyond November may be equated with a snowball’s survival beyond July.

The GOP wins by rigging elections via gerrymandering, voter suppression, etc. and not by winning a majority of votes. That, combined with Trump being a cult leader on top of being the most popular POTUS within the GOP will make him very difficult to defeat no matter who the Democrats nominate.

6 Likes

Yes, finally it is happening. The masses are truly fed up and “we’re not goina take any more.”

5 Likes

Be this as it may, Ray. But Good Must eventually triumph over evil… it is time.

1 Like

Republicans trot out the reason democrats want to impeach trump is because we haven’t gotten over the election, and that we have hated trump since the beginning. Well what IS true is that trump has been a complete so and so since his appointment and before. His actions are what brought on the investigations and the impeachment.
How silly of us to think that even with conclusive evidence of obstruction of justice, obstruction of congress, and bribery, the republicans would stubbornly stick their collective heads in the sand over these presidential crimes and misdemeanors.

5 Likes

That would be too quick of a death. I want this orange, fat turd to SUFFER a slow and agonising death. I want him to weeze and plead for mercy!

1 Like

And as a footnote to my comment… I personally am not threatening the Turd-in-Chief. I’m just sayin’ when the day comes for him to go the Sand Hills… I want him to go slowly and painfully…

1 Like

Trump is never going to die. He will have his death held up in court forever.

4 Likes

Trump is no more mortal than were the monsters from the 1960s series Chillers From Science Fiction.

Did you actually listen to or read the testimony? All you are doing is repeating talking points. Sad that you will ignore obvious transgressions and crimes, as reported from many venues.

1 Like

Maybe he can double bunk with Lenin in Moscow.

2 Likes

Sanders is the only one who’d defeat Trump by any safe margin. This is reinforced by several different measures. Falloff in voter enthusiasm should any of the others run makes it more of a crapshoot, just like 2016 turned out to be.

2 Likes

I’ll be glad when this foregone conclusion is finally realized, and we can let ourselves return to being obsessed with Trump tweets, etc.

I mean, at least venting our outrage against Trump excuses us from joining the fights against fossil fuels, corporate $$ control over electoral and policy politics, endless war, etc. And I’m pretty sure our Democratic Party ‘leaders’ don’t want us to waste our time on such things.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t holding these protests on Tuesday - BEFORE the vote - make more sense? Holding them all after they acquit him is like closing the door after the ass got out~

3 Likes

There will be much hand wringing and negative verbiage concerning this republican’t joke of a trial to remove the most corrupt individual to sit behind the desk in at least a hundred years. Most of it will be justified but blaming the leaders of the Democratic Party is not just useless but rather foolish as well. What else could we do? Just shake our heads in disbelief and say, " Oh that Donald Trump, he’s such a scamp."? There Was No Choice! His behavior on so many fronts is totally abominable and he must not be allowed to run roughshod over the general public.

2 Likes

It’s NOT an “ACQUITTAL” — it’s a “NON-CONVICTION” . . .

3 Likes

The Grim reaper waits for no man. His scythe is sharp and true and he is nonpolitical.

3 Likes