Home | About | Donate

Not Objectively Reasonable: MLK's Long Arc of the Moral Universe At Work

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/further/2020/10/06/not-objectively-reasonable-mlks-long-arc-moral-universe-work

2 Likes

And so it continues to go on, and on, and on and on, Hey, is this America a Great country or what ? Not Hardly!

4 Likes

I think I’ve read the phrase “small town hero” in every article I’ve seen about thia killing. I guess it means if a black man is merely 100% innocent, even that’s not enough for him to deserve justice.

4 Likes

In the U.K, where most cops do NOT carry guns, very few people are shot. But, as with universal health care and other social goods, the “exceptional” U.S. refuses to learn from other nations.

5 Likes

Police in the UK have shot less Citizens in the past 100 years then US Police kill in a single year. This number includes people killed by the Police in Northern Ireland during the troubles.

The “exceptional” USA had a revolution to throw off “The yoke of Tyranny” and still claim this makes them “free”

1 Like

There was video footage of the execution by Mehserle of Oscar Grant, on New Year’s Day, 2009. I remember following the reports of the execution and its footage on Common Dreams.
Reflecting on it today, I am reminded of General Ngoc Loan executing a bound prisoner, Nguyen Van Lem, on a street in Saigon, Feb. 1, 1968. “Saigon Execution”

1 Like