Home | About | Donate

Not-So-Veiled Threat of War as John Bolton Says Iran May Not Have 'Many More Anniversaries to Enjoy'

Not-So-Veiled Threat of War as John Bolton Says Iran May Not Have 'Many More Anniversaries to Enjoy'

Jake Johnson, staff writer

As Iranians this week mark the 40th anniversary of their country's 1979 revolution, President Donald Trump's national security adviser John Bolton declared in a message to Iranian leaders on Monday that he doesn't think they will "have many more anniversaries to enjoy"—a comment that was immediately perceived as a direct threat of war.

"He is laying the groundwork for war and we all must be vigilant."
—Sen. Chris Murphy

3 Likes

It really does not matter how vigilant we are because unfortunately, Bolton has been told to lay the groundwork for war with Iran by his fascist superiors!

4 Likes

It is not coming as a secret.

2 Likes

In 1953 Iran was as close to democracy as the US will ever be …but the greedy bast… would not give their oil away to western oil hogs. So the US terrorist pal, The Shah, was installed.

And around and around it goes and nobody knows where it will stop. In times of old, not even the mighty Roman Empire messed with the Persians. Start saving up for twenty dollar a gallon gas if you can find it.

4 Likes

Going to have to re-up on the anxiety meds. These neocon, Dick Cheney murderers have been ready with a false flag invasion of Iran for a very long time. They have likely changed their war plan a couple of times by now. This is the continuation of the strategy of a one government, one monetary system project.People are going to be charged in the 9-11 fake attack and some dominoes are likely to fall after that.
Israel needs to be blown off the map because they surely won’t go quietly. And every asshole that supports them needs to be in prison for murder, genocide, and stealing wealth of nations.
Bolton is just a figurehead. They have clones of him lined up to replace him on the spot if need be. If Trump condones war with Iran he is either a part of the cabal or on a separate trip.
And they better do Iran as good as they did Iraq. Otherwise they will fight back. This has so many negatives it’s easy to see why this bunch would be for it.
Just as much about Israel as it is about oil. Iranians are good people.

7 Likes

I seem to remember some citizen putting an high government official under citizen’s arrest for some unconstitutional act. Took him right to jail (or the PD).
*I think it is way past time for We the People to look into such things, and then do them to clean out the government sewer.
*(It would have been interesting if Mr. Bolton had been at Redwing with me, but perhaps just a bit closer to Cherokee than I was. Then he would understand what nuclear war is all about and, we wouldn’t have to worry about him forever more.) Ah, well…
;-})

7 Likes

This fucking nut makes Cheney look sane. I actually don’t think he’d have gotten confirmed for a cabinet position. Remember in the Bush admin he was given a 1 yr recess appointment because he couldn’t get confirmed. This guy is certifiably insane. Would’ve fit right in the Germany of the 1930’s.

19 Likes

“central banker of international terrorism.”

That would be Saudi Arabia. But of course they buy the weapons, stash their oil money in Wall Street and The City, and can manipulate oil prices when DC tells them to do so.

Peace
Po

13 Likes

Where is the patriot who will put a 7.62mm NATO round through that Windsor knot? (One good not-so-veiled threat deserves another).

5 Likes

I’d give you 10 bright red hearts if I could. Great comment and well, ya beat me to it :-)))))))

3 Likes

How, again, can someone appointed to a government threaten another government? There is something called international law, and it is against international law to do these things. I realize that this dying political system doesn’t care about these things, but Bolton travels outside the country. He is already partially responsible for millions of dead people in Iraq and the Mideast. He should be spending his remaining days in jail for war crimes. I wonder what our country would be like if we could go on TV and just call for violence against Bolton himself. He, by threatening another country, is threatening the lives of millions of people. I don’t think Bolton’s life is worth a million times more than an Iranian. But, then again, these things aren’t issues of logic or justice, just power. Violent sociopaths like him have power and those he threatens with state violence often have no power.

I will say, it is well known that countries like Iran have an incentive to develop nuclear weapons as a means to deter the types of attacks this sociopath is calling for. Despite this, Iran has continued on with the deal they had with Obama, which makes his threats all the more immoral and criminal. Are there not any damn radical lawyers out there that can do something?

19 Likes

He’s going to get an education form an angry hornets nest of generals if he tries to start two major wars simultaneously while there are still somewhere in the vicinity of 6 or 7 till ongoing.

Iran and Venezuela? Say an express goodbye to the American military apparatus if that happens.

2 Likes

There is no chance that the US has the resources or the will to go to war with freaking Venezuela and Iran. Bolton can take his fascist ass to the front lines and lead the charge if he thinks otherwise, but as he said years ago in regards to Vietnam, the last thing he wanted was to end up dead in some rice field in SE Asia. But, those wars would be the end of this empire as we know it, and so, Dr. Strangeglove style, maybe we could tie Bolton to the first bomb dropped.

Some of the things people say in regards to the US is off the wall crazy, like hyperinflation and all that. But, I can see coordinated economic attacks against the US in the coming decades because of what we have done to the rest of the world. They’re sick of our shit, and I think invading two important countries and overthrowing their governments would not only bring on massive amounts of violence, against US troops as well, but it will force the world to treat us as we portray countries like North Korea, a rogue state with lots of weapons that simply has to be handled, not reasoned with.

13 Likes

Instead of sanctions and the threat of aggression directed at Iran, why not just drop John “Instigator” Bolton smack in the middle of Iran.

Within a very short time, he’ll have the ruling government there ready to invade the United States.

Or, they’ll have roasted him to a crisp.

5 Likes

Here is one guy who definitely should be locked up in Guantanamo for the safety and sanity of the world. He appears to be an enemy to peace and tranquility for the US and the entire world. Trump, Bolton, et all can spend the rest of their days manually building a wall around their life time prison home of Guantanamo.

3 Likes

Ah yes, “Crispy Critters in the bilges!”
;-})

1 Like

Don’t kid yourself. The US military can kill a sh*tload of people without putting one pair of boots on the ground.

But these would not be “needless wars”.

He embraces death for millions of others, but expects to be exempted from his.

3 Likes

The Iranians I know are beautiful people.

They, the powers that be, had better lock up every one of us and the Iranians that are here, cause an invasion of Iran will produce an internal war against this fucking government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations.

6 Likes

Would love to hear that coward squeal like a stuck pig.

3 Likes