Home | About | Donate

'Not the End of Net Neutrality,' Say Internet Defenders, But Beginning of 'Most Important Battle Yet'

'Not the End of Net Neutrality,' Say Internet Defenders, But Beginning of 'Most Important Battle Yet'

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

As the FCC's rollback of net neutrality protections officially took effect on Monday, a broad coalition of free press and digital rights campaigners vowed to maintain pressure on members of Congress to either restore the federal rules "or prepare to face our wrath" in the November midterm elections.

Net neutrality votes will certainly separate the “For the people” politicos from the “For the corporations” chattel for all to see. Unfortunately, due to history, will it REALLY mean anything at the polls as this writer suggests? Hasn’t seemed to in the past. Let’s hope that this is important enough to bring real action for change…for a change!

Discussion about “net neutrality” continued to be set in begging our elected
officials to NOT create a tiered system –

but little is said of what the public might do IF they destroy net neutrality.

WHY wouldn’t it be in our interests to decide that we would all PULL the plug
on cable TV?

AT&T, Verizon and Comcast are the beneficiaries of this attack.

I’m with you, but I doubt there will be action from the citizens. Most people I talk to about this don’t even know the battle is here. Another benefit of having no 4th estate for the corp’s.

I wonder what it would be like to live in an ENLIGHTENED and ENGAGED country, ReconFire??? So DAMNED frustrating!!!