Home | About | Donate

Nothing Is Given, Everything Is Earned: LeBron James Makes America Great

Nothing Is Given, Everything Is Earned: LeBron James Makes America Great

Talk about a tale of two people. Last week, a small, mean, rich, sick bully who ordered brown children to be put in cages attacked a big, black, beloved star athlete born poor who for years used his success to give back and has now opened a progressive, family-oriented, bikes-to-college-tuition public school for at-risk kids, "truly investing in public education," to show them "someone cares." Because he does, he, the kids, and we all win. The loser, as usual, loses.

Trump probably prefers Mike (Jordan) because of the statement about avoiding politics and controversy attributed to Jordan since 1995 : “Republicans buy shoes, too.” Whether he actually said it or not is in question, but seems to epitomize what Kareem Abdul-Jabbar called Jordan’s “commerce over conscience”. It stems from the 1990 North Carolina Senate race eventually won by Jesse Helms, a race many feel Jordan could have impacted had he spoken out.

Like Laura Ingraham, POTUS would prefer athletes just shut up and dribble (or run, hit the ball, etc). You know, keep the nigras on the plantation.

But if Trump read more often, he’d be aware that while he was calling black NFL players SOBs and deriding Steph Curry and Lebron for supporting them, Jordan released the following statement: “One of the fundamental rights this country is founded on was freedom of speech, and we have a long tradition of nonviolent, peaceful protest. Those who exercise the right to peacefully express themselves should not be demonized or ostracized.

“At a time of increasing divisiveness and hate in this country, we should be looking for ways to work together and support each other and not create more division…"

Apparently he wasn’t paying attention to Randy Moss’ Hall of Fame Induction speech, or his tie. While the NFL’s recently announced policy prohibiting players from taking a knee because they failed to consult with the players’ union is on hold, the legendary wide receiver wore a tie imprinted with 12 names of black men, women, and children who were killed by police (or died while in custody). Many forget the reason Kaepernick started kneeling in the first place following ex Green Beret Nate Boyer’s suggestion.

Moss: “What I wanted to express with my tie was to let these families know they’re not alone. I’m not here voicing, but by having these names on my tie, in a big platform like the Pro Football Hall of Fame, there’s a lot of stuff going on in our country and I just wanted these family members to know they’re not alone.”

Jesse Owens, Jackie Robinson, Althea Gibson, Tommie Smith, John Carlos, Muhammad Ali, Kareem Abdul Jabar, the Syracuse 8, Arthur Ashe…the list of African American sports greats whose mere presence, if not actions and words, were pivotal in the struggle, speaks volumes to the greats of today. And many say to themselves, as Jordan did, “I know this country is better than that, and I can no longer stay silent.”

crybaby cries the most when he is jealous of someone elses praise. as it turns out he is jealous of everything as he is a most despicable human

elegant - and a model of attitude for all of us. I’ve never seen James play, but I’ll bet the word applies there no less.

Americans lack focus on all the good already doing doing. We are not alone.

Look at it this way;

China is busy churning out railroad shipped profits to over forty-two European cities. The democratic/republican parties war pirouette to the pacific containment of China has cost a trillion or more. Note that the rail line passes through Moscow and reaches Iran, and the profitable Afghanistan train route is up 6,000% year after year, recently.

This story makes me a proud American. I believe many Irish ancestors washed ashore during Nova Scotian storms and became family men, starting generations before European hordes arrived and brought African slaves and then Chinese indentured labor… DNA will probably prove this an urban myth. ¿Quien sabe? We are the human race.

The simple fact of the matter is that what makes America great or any country for that matter is those people who work for Social justice and equality and who are the very people Donald Trumo denigrates. What makes the United States of America not so great and in fact a force for all that wrong in the world, is people like Donald Trump.

Thise Black American legends you mentioned are the true Champions of “greatness”.

More goodness in this man’s heart and soul than you will find on Wall Street and Capitol Hill combined, Thank you, Mr. Jqmes!

Talk is cheap. Right-wing blowhards talk about how they “care about people” but don’t put out a dime of their own money to actually help anyone.

LeBron walks the walk.