Home | About | Donate

#NotMyAbuela: Twitter Users Destroy Clinton's "Hispandering" Campaign Move

#NotMyAbuela: Twitter Users Destroy Clinton's "Hispandering" Campaign Move

Nadia Prupis, staff writer

Hillary Clinton's campaign on Tuesday published a post entitled "7 Things Hillary Clinton Has in Common With Your Abuela," using the Spanish word for "grandmother," a move which likely sought to endear Clinton to Latino voters—but earned Twitter's searing backlash instead.

Among the ways Clinton claimed to be "like your abuela":

I have only one thing to say about the $300 million dollar grandma..... Bernie Sanders 2016.

Next time she tries hispandering she should post in all caps.

'Cause, you know, if someone speaks a different language and doesn't get what you're saying you should shout it to help them understand.

I do not like hatred, nor finding fault with others, but I do make exceptions in some cases. In Hills case I feel sadness sometimes for her burden of unbridled ambition and pandering deceit she feels must be used in the role in life she has chosen - the cesspool of politics. As Oscar Wilde said, "Ambition is the last refuge of failure".

I don't like to see or think of people as evil, even though that label is clearly warranted in many cases - often in spades. I don't want to think of Hill as evil, even though I believe she obliquely serves evil in some respects - as more than a few politicians do, both in and out of Congress and the WH.

Our own integrity and morality depends on our actions, not those of others.

"Take care of your Thoughts because they become Words

Take care of your Words because they will become Actions

Take care of your Actions because they will become Habits

Take care of your Habits because they will form your Character

Take care of your Character because it will form your Destiny,

and your Destiny will be your Life."

"There is no religion higher than the Truth."

His Holiness, Tenzin Gyatso - 14th Dalai Lama

Happy Solstice to all.......

Thanks for posting that. You can ignore the bug who responded out of his love for Hillary - someone already stepped on him and made him all squishy. :wink:

Your response to Emphyrio was harsh and unwarranted.

Don't dish it if you can't take it.

Campaign silliness is the MSM's breaking news

Just another sign of the classic Clinton unraveling. It bears a strong resemblance to 2008 - stumble after bumble and eventually she will not get up again.

Further proof that Shillary will always be Shillary - saying and doing anything to get what she wants. No core principles at all and I would have to check outside if she said that the Sun rose in the East tomorrow morning. Let's do everything we can to get Sanders the Demo nomination in spite of the establishment shills like DWS trying to sabotage his campaign. The poll that says that Sanders would "trounce" that idiot fear mongering megalomaniac Trump in a general election is very encouraging.

"Character is destiny." -- Heraclitus, Greek philosopher

The truth is your response was rude.

Good song though.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Hmmmm…CLUCK CLUCK CLUCK!

CLUCK! CLUCK! CLUCK!

bodyisunvalid;trytobealittlemoredescriptive-curseyouCDeditsoftware!goparseyourself.

Emphyrio's post was full of light. Quite a juxtaposition to yours.

I highly recommend reading Anne Frank's diary as an example of such light amid the darkest darkness. In fact, quite paradoxically her destiny remained completely her own, as even Hitler could not destroy her destiny of embracing love and light over hate.

It's called blatant political opportunism that is being rightly condemned regardless of the race of the person correctly assessing her motive. Are you just angry that her attempt sucked so bad?

Perhaps I'll walk and fly…short flights…over there, peck around a bit and ruffle some feathers.

Cluck cluck cluck!

All you have is personal attack. Pretty damn pathetic.

I have a challenge for you. Since you seem to be upset with Obama the liar presumably on principle, please give all of us hypocrites examples of where Hillary Clinton has stood up to Obama on principle.

And you must articulate such principle.

We are all ears.

Cluck.

We can hope!

"Squishy1" is just another pathetic apologist for the Megathatcher.