Home | About | Donate

Now, Now We Come Together

Now, Now We Come Together

"Please Dad. Come Home," wrote Omar Nabi beside a courtly photo of his 71-year-old father Daoud Nabi, the first victim named in the Christchurch massacre. Amidst global responses both evil - Trump and other racist pols - and heartfelt - an outpouring of grief, grace and vows to change gun laws - Australian writer Waleed Aly's searing, mournful call rings out: "We are one community...Everything we say to try to tear people apart (or) set them against each other has consequences."

2 Likes

please, everyone must be included, all of our shadows are the same, everywhere…please

3 Likes

I suppose this is what terrorism is—where normal activities of human life put people into the line of fire and death----where a 71 year old greeting people at the mosque door, or a 3 year old standing in the wrong place at the wrong time, or man in a wheelchair somehow these people create DANGER in the insane mind. ( or maybe the shooter is really a coward—afraid to face living LIFE----and seeks to kill those who can’t escape. Like throwing donuts into a bear cave— and shooting whatever moves---------- very useless and -cowardly
. AND so, no name murderer and destroyer, I was glad to see your face blocked out in many photos—no glory in a blurred face is there. NO NAME destroyer, your deed may live on—but not your name-----celebrate the way the ancient Greeks practiced controlling those who seek fame thorough destruction---- the name is forever erased--------So, Mr NO NAME----what a sad life you chose --living for death—a futile philosophy.

3 Likes

I am proud to be an USian. Despite the current president’s attitude toward and statements about Muslims, Muslim countries and immigrants, his willful misunderstanding of the danger of white power activists and groups, and the actions his administration has taken against refugees and asylum seekers, the majority of people in the USA accept the diversity of our population and value the contributions made by the citizens and others in the US of non-European ethnicity.

Watch this segment of Friday’s PBS News Hour paying particular attention to Kathleen Belew’s analysis of the white power movement. Her warning about the threat white supremacists pose in countries undergoing social change because of incoming refugees and immigrants even though diversity has existed in these countries for a long time must be heard.

Leaders in each of these countries must expose the danger the white power movement poses and increase the surveillance on individual members in the movement. The freedom of speech and association in these countries needs to be protected, but speech and groups advocating violence must be suppressed and disarmed. I say “Never Again” to another Quebec City, Charlottesville, Charleston, Pittsburgh, and Christchurch!

2 Likes

What sweet looking humans. Stolen too soon.

3 Likes