Home | About | Donate

Nuclear Weapons Ruined My Life, and I Wouldn't Have It Any Other Way

Nuclear Weapons Ruined My Life, and I Wouldn't Have It Any Other Way

Frida Berrigan

I want to offer you something different than the barrage of facts and figures around nuclear weapons. But let’s establish the basics. There are nine countries that possess them: France, China, the United Kingdom, India, Pakistan, Israel, North Korea and — of course — Russia and the United States. Together these nine countries possess a total of 14,575 nuclear weapons, with the United States and Russia accounting for 92 percent of them.

Please learn. Please think. Please reflect. Peace.

3 Likes

Thank you for this, Frida, and for your and your family’s efforts against nuclear insanity and omnicide. On New Year’s Eve, 1972, during Nixon’s Christmas bombing of North Vietnam, I had the honor of holding an umbrella over the head of your uncle, Father Dan, as we prayed in the rain across 5th Avenue from St. Patrick’s Cathedral. Your family has been one of many such inspirations to my anti-war efforts.

As long as the greedy, irresponsible Imperial Corporate Media (ICM) continue to ignore the increasing threat of nuclear omnicide, most Americans will remain blissfully oblivious to it, despite our efforts.

As it has been since at least 1898, the ICM is deeply complicit in the crimes of the U.S. Empire, and one of the main obstacles to ending the nuclear weapons insanity.

3 Likes