Home | About | Donate

NY Sen. Gillibrand Assures Voters Clinton Will Release Wall St. Transcripts 'At the Appropriate Time'

NY Sen. Gillibrand Assures Voters Clinton Will Release Wall St. Transcripts 'At the Appropriate Time'

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) said Friday that she believes Hillary Clinton will release the transcripts of her paid speeches to Wall Street firms "at the appropriate time."

SORRY Kirsten, that "belief" is rubbish & just don't cut it! She must release the transcripts NOW or voters will see (now or very soon) that Clinton serves big-money and financial parasites rather than those she was elected & appointed to serve - the people!
Hillary's sycophants and Dem Party at-any-cost shills/hacks will no-doubt follow your weak attempt to deflect and condone/support/ignore Hillary's corruption - I guess it should be expected in today's politics, but people expect better and are beginning to demand better! The massive growing support for Bernie Sanders and his moral leadership hasn't entered your thinking apparently.......epic FAIL!

"at the appropriate time" being when Hell freezes over

Time to switch allegiances Senator Gillibrand, or go down with the sinking ship.

Well New Yorkers, you know now that Gillibrand is on the WRONG side of this so VOTE HER OUT the next time YOU have a chance and show these spinless reps of the people that The APPROPRIATE time has Passed!!!

The Wall St.Journal wants a specific incidence of Hillary being influenced by millions of dollars being donated to her by special interests as if this were a court of law and not a public discussion operating in the court of common sense.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Bernie Sanders and staff are implying that they've seen or heard what Hillary Clinton said, and it's 100% embarrassing.

I've seen one Goldman Sachs speech on Youtube but I haven't had the sound on because my computer is cheap. The video feed was impressive with lots of well-heeled 30-somethings sitting around tables, putting down their eating and drinking to watch a Goldman Sachs honcho introduce Hillary.

'Clinton cares deeply about openness and transparency' - what a load of bull.

Since she won't release the tanscripts, given her track record, one has to assume the worst.

Vote Hillary - no!

"The Appropriate time"means: Clinton doesn't want them out before she "puts Bernie away." She knows releasing them would give him momentum. Not only that, but if he drops out, she won't have to realease them anyway. She sickens me. Liar

You can say that again! Here's a quote from a piece Politico ran a while back:

...While the finance industry does genuinely hate Warren, the big bankers love Clinton, and by and large they badly want her to be president. Many of the rich and powerful in the financial industry—among them, Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein, Morgan Stanley CEO James Gorman, Tom Nides, a powerful vice chairman at Morgan Stanley, and the heads of JPMorganChase and Bank of America—consider Clinton a pragmatic problem-solver not prone to populist rhetoric. To them, she’s someone who gets the idea that we all benefit if Wall Street and American business thrive. What about her forays into fiery rhetoric? They dismiss it quickly as political maneuvers. None of them think she really means her populism.

The whole thing is here.

When Clinton became Secretary of State in 2009 Gillibrand was appointed to fill her US Senate seat, limiting her credibility on all things Clinton.

QUOTE: Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) said Friday that she believes Hillary Clinton will release the transcripts of her paid speeches to Wall Street firms "at the appropriate time.UNQUOTE

I sincerely hope, that you believe that!. If you do, please let me know and I have a fine piece of lake shore property on the moon, which I can let you have - cheap!

If there is indeed anything she considers an "appropriate time" it will only be long after her retirement in her memoirs. :slight_smile:

She will wait until after the primary to release them, the text will probably be very popular with republican voters....I'm sure that's what she means by the appropriate time.

Clinton, commenting on campaign ethics and transparency:

"I'm a follower, not a leader."

I'm sure there will be instructions in Hillary's will to release the transcripts 50 or 60 years later.

I said this on HuffPo earlier today, but here it is again:

(And while I am rather disappointed that Sanders did not follow up on how monied contributions to Hillary's campaign influenced her decisions or how it will do so if she's elected - does he really have to? It doesn't take a genius, IMO, to realize that trying to serve the American people whilst at the same time taking contributions from Wall Street and the like in return for political favors stinks of that cologne known as 'conflict of interest'. Normally if you bribe me with money for my campaign, chances are you're going to have a seat at the table as I piece together legislation that has an impact on the American public at large. So in spite of providing no specific examples, that does not make Sanders' gist of the criticism of Hillary's Wall Street ties incorrect all of a sudden.)

What the WSJ and others asking for a specific incidence of Hillary being influenced with corporate donations fail to realize is this: the degree of influence via corporate donations is not a provable case by case basis so much as it is a moral case. Like I said, if you give me money for my campaign,, chances are you do so with the expectations of me to fulfill some political favors for you, through legislation or otherwise. That screams conflict of interest and political corruption (you need look no further than the Chicago Democrats to prove that either, and

Simply put, he who pays the piper calls the tune. Hillary, of course, would disagree as she considers herself much holier than thou.

Or after she is elected and becomes POTUS.

Aww, Senator Gillibrand you still believe in her. Releasing those speeches will never happen. Romney's 47% speech killed him and these speeches will kill her if they are released, so don't hold your breath. You know in your heart of hearts she's a Wall St. gal, tell the truth.