Home | About | Donate

NYPD Case Calls Attention to 'Consent Defense' That Can Be Used by Officers Accused of Rape in 35 States

NYPD Case Calls Attention to 'Consent Defense' That Can Be Used by Officers Accused of Rape in 35 States

Julia Conley, staff writer

A bill gaining traction in New York state would do away with a loophole that lawmakers and civil rights advocates say should never have existed there—or in 34 other states where police officers are legally allowed to sexually assault people they take into custody.

How/Who would approach an elected official with this type of legislated loophole for cops? For prison guards and jailors? Who’d a thunk?
It’s mind boggling and absolutely insane.

After every new outrage by the pigs I can’t believe anything could be worse. Then, when I read sh*t like this, I just want to see them shot in the street. How did cop rape become LEGAL? Where did these laws come from, their gangster mafia unions? What kind of country is this?

I think they think cops can legally steal all of your valuables or kill you without consequence anytime, so rape is nothing that should raise an alarm.

Hey, that’s my Arizona there, baby! One of the 15 states that have laws against that kind of behavior! But wait, something feels off here! What is it? Oh yeah except when I look into the background, CA & AZ have the highest prisoner incarceration rate per capita and if the Guard says it was consensual then: no crime!

It makes a lot of sense to have such laws if you’re in a state where a lot of other states send their convicted felons to serve time, …oh yeah, and the prisons are predominantly privately run here, so they are understaffed by underpaid people and the handwriting is on the wall. Lots of ‘consensual’ sex happening in prisons here in Arizona and the companies running them are paying a lot in fines.
https://www.prisonlegalnews.org/news/2009/may/15/sexual-abuse-by-prison-and-jail-staff-proves-persistent-pandemic/

It’s too bad that old, impotent semi retired cops and guards can’t be the default choice to serve in positions having to do with women in custody or in prison.

Unless you are the woman being raped.