Home | About | Donate

NYT Rewrites Scalia to Make Him Sound Less Racist

NYT Rewrites Scalia to Make Him Sound Less Racist

Jim Naureckas

New York Times Supreme Court correspondent Adam Liptak (12/9/15) recounted a startling moment in the Court’s oral arguments over the University of Texas’ affirmative action plan:

In a remark that drew muted gasps in the courtroom, Justice Antonin Scalia said that minority students with inferior academic credentials may be better off at “a less advanced school, a slower-track school where they do well.”

Everywhere, open and shameless expressions of racism are breaking out throughout the USA like some kind of vile Ebola virus.

At a local U. near where I live one I guess Scalia would consider a "less advanced school" - Indiana University of Pennsylvania, a white student twittered picture of some black students in front of the library with captions like "look at those monkeys!" and the like- the pic went viral among the white students. Oh, and at not-so-"less advanced school - Penn State, a drunk student assaulted a student of Indian descent - thinking he was a "Muslim".

Maybe Scalia needs to be informed that for a long time most USAns considered "dagos" like him to be unsuited for anything by bricklaying, pouring concrete and selling groceries. They were even banned from the neighborhoods of "real Americans" (WASPs) until the 1960's.

NPR did something similar, saying he said "some" African Americans.

He doesn't care. He's among a new group altogether, now. The "winners".

I heard Nina Totenberg of NPR report on the oral arguments and she mentioned but kind of glossed over Scalia's statement. When I heard her say it, I said, WHAT!

Scalia would be the sorriest excuse for a Supreme Court Justice if it weren't for the other sorry excuses.

One must keep in mind that it was the democrats who rolled over and allowed Supreme Scumbags Scalia, Thomas and Roberts (who never saw a law that applies to corporations), become supreme, fascist promoting, son's of bitches.

With Americans no longer able to control their government the absurd becomes the new standard for oppression.

Scalia was just about to add "I'm looking at you, Clarence"

There are those who contend that it does not benefit African-Americans to get them onto the front of the bus, where they get jostled, as opposed to having them go to the back of the bus where they do well. One of the briefs pointed out that most of the black commuters in this country don’t come from seats right behind the driver …. They come from further back where they do not feel that they’re being pushed around by people trying to get on and off..