Home | About | Donate

NYT's Krugman Pilloried on 9/11 Anniversary for Claiming No 'Mass Outbreak of Anti-Muslim Sentiment' in US After 2001 Attacks

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/09/11/nyts-krugman-pilloried-911-anniversary-claiming-no-mass-outbreak-anti-muslim

2 Likes

If you had white people saying and doing these things about Jews how many pages would have the NYT’s filled with articles about the horrid rise of anti-semitism? The NYT has a bias that is easy to see.

3 Likes

Another good reason to not buy the NYT.

5 Likes

Wait, wait, WAIT! Paul Krugman is a completely out of touch, utter dipshit? So hard to imagine.

3 Likes

Krugman, like David Brooks, that other NYT “conservative” voice have always been opinionated assholes…

1 Like

NYT has covered up the truth about 911 for 19 years. Gee, i wonder why? Read the cast of characters involved in the selling,insuring,litigating the results of the false flag and you have a clue.

4 Likes

Krugman seems to enjoy digging holes for himself, he does it so often

I’ve nothing positive to say about either Krugman or the NYT, but people do say and do “these things about Jews.”

2 Likes

There’s always more than one way to be out of touch. Maybe she should have said there was “no mass outbreak”.

Krugman is such a neoliberal tool. His 15 minutes should have expired long ago.

1 Like

Maybe he can exonerate himself by writing a new piece claiming: no mass anti-government sentiment or violence following the admission of the dump president that he down played the severity of the covid pandemic, resulting in thousands of deaths, economic suffering to millions and suggesting idiotic ideas for a cure.

1 Like

Krugman, a Washington insider, surely knows that Muslims had nothing to do with 9/11.

As the rest of the world outside the US well knows, Dick Cheney did, and the laws of physics and chemistry prove it.

Watch Decade of Deception on youtube. Educate yourself about this dangerous myth.

1 Like

Krugman also seems to believe that those wars on Afghanistan, Syria, Yemen, Iraq, Somalia, Libya, and Yemen had nothing to do with 9/11 , mass hysteria and Anti-muslim sentiment.

Millions were killed and the US population SUPPORTED those killings and wars up until they began to recognize how much money it was costing them.

60 percent of Americans supported the war on Iraq in 2003.

After 9/11 anti-muslim hate crimes soared in the USA. Muslims were hauled off of airplanes in handcuffs just because they were speaking Arabic and white passengers felt unsafe. They were arrested just for taking pictures of bridges.George W Bush stated publicly when justifying the war on Iraq that it was a crusade and that “if you are not with us , you are against us”.

4 Likes

You said it all better than I can right now. But I would add one more thing.
Fuck you to hell Krugman for the neo-liberal tool you are, and the obvious racist you truly are by denying the obvious “mass outbreak” of anti-Muslim sentiment. Fuck you one more time.

3 Likes

Yes he a fucking tool. He was always one of the biggest champions of Free trade and Globalization claiming these would not cost American jobs.

When all of those factory workers got their pink slips because everything was now being made in China they looked to guys like Krugman as frauds and turned to guys like Trump to save them. He another reason the US now has a Fascist as President.

1 Like

Did Krugman create the role of “liberal apologist”

Or did he simply transform it into an art form?

1 Like

Yep. I was once an admirer of Krugman, but those days are long gone. (I even liked the NYT a long, long time ago – but that’s just because I didn’t know better.)

I still admire Joseph Stiglitz, another economics Nobelist. He wrote scathing articles about the TPP and about globalization. Are you familiar with him? Any thoughts?

2 Likes

If you wan’t to listen to an economist who sees clearly and states it as such then check out Richard Wolff. Though he is not a Nobel Prize winner.

2 Likes

He certainly not as bad as these mainstream “economists” but at heart he still a Capitalist and promotes Capitalism. He suggests a kinder and gentler form but it my opinion that can not be done. Allowing some small few to acquire fast pools of Capital while they do so by externalizing costs is something that has to end.

3 Likes

I remember a Sikh student at the academic institution where I worked, coming in with a baseball cap on backwards to cover his long hair… Yes, there was LOTS of anti-Muslim or anti - anyone who might even possibly be Muslim sentiment.

1 Like

Not in the NYT’s the paper of record. They say them in bars and trailer parks where they have no power or influence.