Home | About | Donate

Obama Announces No Troop Withdrawal from Afghanistan in 2015

Obama Announces No Troop Withdrawal from Afghanistan in 2015

Lauren McCauley, staff writer

Under the guise of a transfer of power, Afghan President Ashraf Ghani's and U.S. President Barack Obama announced on Tuesday new "flexibility" in the U.S. military's drawdown plan in Afghanistan, scrapping previous pledges made to reduce troop levels by the end of the year.

During the joint address, Obama said that none of the 9,8000 U.S. troops in Afghanistan will be withdrawn in 2015—despite his initial pledge to reduce troop levels to 5,500 during that time.

"While U.S. troops would no longer be serving a "combat" role..."

Funny thing is the the Blue Team hacks actually believe this. They are already satisfied that Obama has ended this war. Anybody know how many mercenaries and other military contractors are down there these days? Just curious.

Yeah, the modus operandi of the Fourth Reich: ENDLESS ENEMIES; FOR ENDLESS WARS; FOR ENDLESS WAR PROFITEERS!

Instead of the Eagle as a symbol of the current Amerikan Empire, Dracula would be far more appropriate! Because the US military budget relies on the blood of innocent people in foreign countries, to protect the vested interests of the .01%.

No troop withdrawal, what a surprise.

Does this mean the ten thousand or so actual uniformed soldiers, or the twenty thousand " private contractors" that continue to run roughshod over the countryside?

Obama continues the national and international destruction started by Bush Cheney. A pundit just used a phrase that makes my blood pressure spike. "Obama's successful presidency" Valid only if you are a neocon and bankster. The deficit is still adding to the national debt because we are not getting enough revenue to pay for our neocon bankster empire quest. A president of all the people would demand an increase in the marginal tax rate. And demand an immediate draft to cut troop deployments to a maximum of 18 months. Not our POS Obama.

Busy times for the White House staff.

While they admonish Israel and Netanyahu (gaining valuable face time to audition for their future as a talking head on CNN/MSNBC/Fox), the staffers must have been worried someone would pay attention to the man behind the curtain....who proclaimed the Afghan War will continue into its 15th year.

I believe that the United States military occupation of Afghanistan has more to do with their resource of rare earth elements worth trillions of dollars that are coveted by U.S. and Chinese tech corporations:

http://www.nbcnews.com/science/science-news/rare-earth-afghanistan-sits-1-trillion-minerals-n196861

Mr. Ghani is basically an American who worked at the World Bank for fifteen years and who lived in Bethesda, Maryland. He is probably CIA connected. He is no more Afghani than I am Swedish.

He is a U.S. puppet put in to secure the mineral rights for major U.S. corporations.

Same ol' same ol'.

And remember how John Kerry literally went to Afghanistan to "stop the vote counting" to be assured that the U.S. could put Ghani in the position he had been groomed for.

This all stinks to high heaven. What a shame the average American is too busy watching the Sweet Sixteen College basketball games than paying attention to what their government is doing in their names and with their tax dollars.

Translation: Obama lied. He's never ended a war as he claimed to us. He expands them with private mercenaries like Blackwater and Xe who have no accountability, so Barry can claim, dishonestly, that he's drawing down the troops levels. But after private contractors screw it up worse, he sends troops back in (or keeps them from leaving.)

I don't want to pay for this abortion anymore. If the Seven Sisters (the Oil Companies) need security to lay their pipelines, let them pay for it. Unlike a sane program like Social Security, Afhgan operations borrow money. This creates a debt time bomb, which is already going off in slow motion in my wallet.

Already the US dollar has half the buying power it did in 1998 if you don't accept the blatant fraud of the government's CPI number. Alan Greenspan should be tarred and feathered for his "weighted averages" accounting Tom Foolery which only counts items when they go down in price.

War makes you Poor.

Which would be worse? Nobody can know what is in BO's mind or heart (or what passed for one). But I wonder: was he knowingly lying when he first said it figuring he could finesse his way through when the time came? Or did he believe himself then only to have his "advisors" persuade him that conditions had changed necessitating that he declare his former positions, in the immortal words of Nixon's press secretary "inoperative"?

"Hello, I must be going.
I cannot stay,
I came to say
I must be going.
I'm glad I came
but just the same
I must be going.

For my sake you must stay,
for if you go away,
you'll spoil this party
I am throwing.

I'll stay a week or two,
I'll stay the summer through,
but I am telling you,
I must be going."

Groucho Marx

Obama makes NO final decisions regarding American foreign policy, including how, when and where to wage perpetual war. The "drawing down of troops" was never more than political rhetoric, - pablum for the masses.

He is far too intelligent not to have understood this before he even ran for President.

Not to worry, when Hillary Clinton becomes president she will be a genuine progressive and turn things around completely. (Pause for laughter.) Sure that's funny, but it's essentially what the Democratic Party will be telling voters in the next 18 months. And if history repeats itself, a majority will shrug and vote for her. How long are we going to allow this charade of a political system to go on? Until the warmongering special interests suck every just-printed dollar from the federal Treasury? Apparently.

The ultimate 'tell' will be what Obomber does when he gets out and where his riches will come from, but should be no surprises...

YES, YES. YES!!! Afghanistan is full of MOUNTAINS which contain lots of mining RESOURCES. Even though the Pipelineistan idea is pretty much dead, can't let the Chinese or Russians have it. So send in the CIA to pump up the opium/heroin production.

Making way for mining corporations is the same reason Brownnoser-in-Chief-to-US-Presidents Stephen Harper committed Canadian troops to combat in the US's elective war in Afghanistan. Cost Cdn taxpayers at least $22Billion, 158 dead soldiers and thousands more returning injured physically and psychologically. Still waiting for those mining/oil corporations to pay their fair share of taxes to cover the Afghan war, let alone the continuing environmental/economic destruction at home.

"You've got to get us out of Afghanistan," Richard Holbrooke, special envoy to that place, said to his doctors on his deathbed. President Obama's press secretary didn't then exactly endorse the sentiment, suggested even that Holbrooke was joking, a claim that his widow denied. And I've never heard Hillary, who appointed Holbrooke, ever express any kind of passionate desire to get out of Afghanistan. And I didn't hear this kind of passion from Holbrooke while he was alive and in a position to do something. Maybe he was smothered by Obama and Clinton and only allowed to say certain things. He had a much freer hand during the Bosnia crisis when he engineered The Dayton Accords-- that is for sure. Oh, well, chalk up another winning touchdown for The Graveyard of Empires. The Graveyard team has always remained undefeated by relying on the arrogance and stupidity of its occupying opponents.