Home | About | Donate

Obama’s Foreign-Policy Self-Enslavement

Obama’s Foreign-Policy Self-Enslavement

Robert Parry

In late August 2013, with Barack Obama on the verge of launching retaliatory airstrikes against the Syrian military for its alleged role in a lethal sarin gas attack, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper informed the President that U.S. intelligence doubted that Bashar al-Assad’s government was actually responsible, causing Obama to pull back from the attack.

The sick meme of American exceptionalism is much larger than the presidency. The agents of hegemony are widely dispersed throughout government. By controlling the message that the presidency receives, they wield unimaginable power. This situation must be resolved, but how?

Do remember that the BBC at least was in on this whereby they issued so called "News accounts from the ground" where blame squarely pinned on Assaad.

As it turns out they were using ACTORS and persons were following scripts.

This goes far beyond Obama's deceptions. This was an orcehestrated campaign to discredit Assaad from the very beginning and one that was long planned for. An Israeli spokesperson is now suggesting Syria be broken up into several entities. This viewpoint is also being expressed by John Kerry. Hilary Clintons emails also express this as an endgame so as to further secure Israel and ensure Western hegemony.

The tactics outlined were proposed decades ago.

Not surprising that only reporters published outside of the U.S get to challenge the Official Narrative.

Parry's analysis is strong up until this point which is on a par with describing Bush, Jr's. reasons for attacking Iraq as revenge for his father's loss of completion in that zone. This "People Magazine" pop psychology grants to the seeming leader's PERSONALITY the causes of actions. In reality, Obama IS a puppet and the script handed to him comes from officials inside the Deep State. That Deep State remains intent upon war and thus must constantly secure new targets and use them to prop up both the war on terror = universally established civil liberties in nations supposedly being terrorized, and actual wars of aggression:

"But Obama’s passive-aggressive behavior didn’t even change after his “liberation day” on Aug. 31, 2013. He continued to let his subordinates set the direction of his foreign policy. For instance, he agreed to covert weapons deliveries to Syrian rebels, who were operating in tandem with Islamist extremists, including Al Qaeda’s Nusra Front, to appease the neocons and the liberal hawks, though that strategy worsened the Syrian bloodshed and drove millions of refugees into Turkey and Europe."

C'mon, Parry... it ain't about the man and his personal weaknesses. Obama had lawyer training and lawyers are TAUGHT enough acting skills to sway a jury pro or against whatever issue they are tasked with representing.

Just as Bill Clinton did the "I feel your pain" while pushing an agenda that would lead to far more pain, Obama is purposely stating a set of objectives so he can say THIS is what he said/represents when in reality, he is just doing a shuck and jive routine to give the War Machine cover.

Something similar has been found to take place after "terrorist" events where "crisis actors"--the people there on-the-scene for ready interviews--are featured, and some have noticed some of the same crisis actors interviewed after different events.

It really begs the question--how many of these spontaneous attacks are Inside Jobs and how many genuine... which is to say, authored by those to whom the MSM allots "credit"?

The times are so full of deceptions--many of which are engineered from high offices--that it truly becomes impossible for honest citizens to discern one from the other. Frankly, I think that's the point.

In an ambiance where NO ONE can be trusted--and there's reason to conclude that one's own govt. can be the author of these well-timed tragedies--absolute chaos results. And when there's chaos, it's often the armed and dangerous bullies who take over and take hold.

With one hand they promise security and with the other, eviscerate all remaining Civil Liberties and related constitutionally guaranteed protections.

This is better:

Yes, it's so 2009.

Good stuff. I used links before that demonstrate the seeming coincidence that after such incidents in the United States a number of people "interviewed" who witnessed the "horrific events" worked for Social media companies involved in enterprises intended to sell a message.

I was once at a bank wherein while working on equipment a teller next to me was robbed by a person who claimed to have had a gun. On being queried by the police as a witness i could relate very little in the way of evidence. There was no violence but there was a state of shock if you would by all witnesses and they really had to be prompted to get anything coherent out of them by the Police. The Policeman said this was pretty normal as in real life police work and the gathering of evidence was not like the movies.

It seems after these events thay manage to round up people who are able to go into great detail and with an "eloquence" if you would that just does not seem real. The "evidence' they present tends to suit a narrative that is being advanced by those in power.

To those bombings in Brussels. Apparently they found next to the body of one of the suicide bombers an ISIS flag and what they claimed was a violent "how to" Jihadist manual. They also apparently found a computer thrown away in a trash bin with one of the bombers confessions. The article i read on that computer suggests "cleaning staff" found it in a neighborhood and after seeing what was on it alerted the police.

Cleaning staff can hack passwords i guess and "islamic terrorists" write confessions in French. These "ISIS": fundamentalists also owned a bar where they sold liquor and drugs both prohibited under Islam.

EVERYTHING stinks. The truth next to impossible to divine.

Yes this even better. The woman looks very comfortable in front of a camera the images of which will be seen by millions. She has had practice which most people , including witnesses to crime would not.

If you take the substance of what it in each it hard not to conclude it all prepared before the incident occurred.

One thing that struck me about 9/11 amongst many was the alleged evidence that the hi- jackers used boxcutters this coming from multiple indepent sources. The term boxcutters is rarely applied to those tools in question. They are called utility knives.

They are certainly called boxcutters by some but these people usually work in specific industries. This on its own would not be enough to discount the official narrative but when looked at with all of the other strange occurrences ( the alleged terrorists going to great lengths to be seen and noticed before, the Rosetta Stone of evidence found documenting their plans in the trunk of a rental car they used and the like) it hard not to conclude a scripted account of the events created beforehand.

As that cop told me after that stick-up , when interviewing witnesses it was often very hard to find multiple witnesses giving the exact same account and I suggest if ten separate witnesses claimed the suspect drive off in a black 1993 Honda civic , any defense attorney would suspect collusion.

This column is why I like Robert Parry so much. He’s out in the dark just as we citizens are, and when he makes a hard judgment call as a journalist, he puts his career on the line. Quite unlike the President appears to have done. Even further down the line are the American people dumbfounded by our governments behavior, and not believing that the USofA could slip this far…

The only right way is to have the people's oversight,(including the covert intelligence 'creating and cherry picking' agencies) and impeach or re-call of every so called Representative- elected or not that doesn't comply. All Special Interests Corrupted government made gone, including the corrupted Supreme court majority that ordained corporate as a human being and made the corrupting tool of corruption 'money' free speech- and of course anti-trust management of the too big put back into play.

A Family Business of Perpetual War

March 20, 2015

Exclusive: "Victoria Nuland and Robert Kagan have a great mom-and-pop business going. From the State Department, she generates wars and from op-ed pages he demands Congress buy more weapons. There’s a pay-off, too, as grateful military contractors kick in money to think tanks where other Kagans work, writes Robert Parry".

By Robert Parry

"Neoconservative pundit Robert Kagan and his wife, Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland, run a remarkable family business: she has sparked a hot war in Ukraine and helped launch Cold War II with Russia and he steps in to demand that Congress jack up military spending so America can meet these new security threats".

"This extraordinary husband-and-wife duo makes quite a one-two punch for the Military-Industrial Complex, an inside-outside team that creates the need for more military spending, applies political pressure to ensure higher appropriations, and watches as thankful weapons manufacturers lavish grants on like-minded hawkish Washington think tanks".

The Payoff

"But don’t think that this unlocking of the U.S. taxpayers’ wallets is just about this one couple. There will be plenty of money to be made by other neocon think-tankers all around Washington, including Frederick Kagan, who works for the right-wing American Enterprise Institute, and his wife, Kimberly, who runs her own think tank, the Institute for the Study of War [ISW]".

Kimberly Kagan, founder and president of the Institute for the Study of War.

"According to ISW’s annual reports, its original supporters were mostly right-wing foundations, such as the Smith-Richardson Foundation and the Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation, but it was later backed by a host of national security contractors, including major ones like General Dynamics, Northrop Grumman and CACI, as well as lesser-known firms such as DynCorp International, which provided training for Afghan police, and Palantir, a technology company founded with the backing of the CIA’s venture-capital arm, In-Q-Tel. Palantir supplied software to U.S. military intelligence in Afghanistan".

"Since its founding in 2007, ISW has focused mostly on wars in the Middle East, especially Iraq and Afghanistan, including closely cooperating with Gen. David Petraeus when he commanded U.S. forces in those countries. However, more recently, ISW has begun reporting extensively on the civil war in Ukraine. [See Consortiumnews.com’s “Neocons Guided Petraeus on Afghan War.”]

"In other words, the Family Kagan has almost a self-perpetuating, circular business model working the inside-corridors of government power to stimulate wars while simultaneously influencing the public debate through think-tank reports and op-ed columns in favor of more military spending and then collecting grants and other funding from thankful military contractors".

Prominent neocon intellectual Robert Kagan. (Photo credit: Mariusz Kubik, http://www.mariuszkubik.pl)
https://consortiumnews.com/2015/03/20/a-family-business-of-perpetual-war/

God DAMNED Zionists in Washington!!!!

I like that quote!

Years ago I posited 2 related analogies:

1. That Monsanto's tainted food stuffs (Corn & Soy, in particular) are now so wedded to so many products that never again can the twain (between the fake and the genuine) be separated.

2. Similar dynamics are at play with the global money supply: So many fake products (packages of loans given false triple-A ratings and then SOLD as if they represented REAL wealth rather than money yet-to-be paid) have been melded into very real assets that here, too, the actual cannot be differentiated from what's fake, or tainted.

With corporate media using its stables of well-paid talking heads to stay ON message by repeating the same narratives (with slight distinctions in verbiage), and these stories often being wholly fabricated to present one-sided versions of events (readers of this forum notice this when the subject is the Israel-Palestine debacle since it clearly shows a lack of equivalent power on "both sides," but they are blind to the same tactic when it's used to describe OTHER phenomena in the news), the capacity to discern truth from fiction has become almost impossible.

Then it comes down to what a construction worker once said: "Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one."

That level of "discourse" favors the Trump supporters whose only measure of loyalty is identifying with macho forms of prowess and threats of force; but it's HELL for a planet, in general.

I appreciate the backup on this topic.

I plan to begin the book, "Coup D'etat in Slow Motion" by Ole Dammegard... this week. He truly identifies the template and it IS a template that's deployed in most, if not all, of these events.

Like the children's fable, "The Boy Who Cried Wolf," after a series of False Flags, if and when THE REAL EVENT occurs... who will believe it as such? (Is THAT the intention of The Dark Side's Architects?)

There is so much fishy about 911 that you could fill an ocean with it!

I think David Ray Griffin and numerous You-Tube documentaries by engineers and physicists make the case. Obviously, what happened does not comport with the Official Story. There's so many flaws in it that only an IMBECILE can believe it at this point in time... or someone whose paycheck depends upon that "loyalty."

I think it's evident that experts in controlled demolition (including the use of Thermite) were involved, and my bet is on Eric Prince and whatever "talent" he could recruit. His career was meteoric after that event and I am pleased to say that he's finally being investigated for serious frauds.

Jeremy Scahill talked about Prince's fate on Democracy Now a few days ago. Seems Prince is going around the world to places like China and parts of Africa and offering up his private armies for hire. This is one seriously Dark "swan" and what pains me the most about him is his self-deluded belief that he is a Christian!

All evil is not authored by Zionists. This particular narrow judgment call IS a blind spot held by a number of posters.

Do you honestly think ding dongs like Victoria Nuland and Robert Kagan, or Cass Sustein and his despicable wife, Samantha Powers would have ANY power, prosperity, or influence if they weren't carrying water for the Weapons' makers and/or the MIC?

If the U.S. military budget is over $500 billion a year (and that doesn't include special ops., the cost of Veterans' medical care, and whatever else is in the black budget), that's $5 trillion in a decade and PLENTY of it goes to the arms makers and the arms salesmen (and women)... of which the Bush Family's favorite entity, The Carlyle Group is a major player.

Some of the participants in War For Profit (and maintaining global instability in order to ensure the sustainability of wars in the same way that underfunding inner cities guarantees a steady stream of warm bodies--due to the drug war--to the Prison-Plantation System) ARE Zionists and many are not.

Some of the entities that influence U.S. foreign policy are Zionists, and many are not.

Some of the influential global industrialists are Zionists and many are not.

For instance, the energy cartels have very few Jews or Zionists at the wheel. The Walmart family isn't Jewish or likely Zionist, either is Oprah Winfrey or Bill Gates or Pete Peterson or the Koch Brothers.

It's one thing to mention that Zionists have power and influence and quite another to constantly make that group the ONLY entity culpable in global events. Frankly, it IS prejudicial. And ridiculous.