Home | About | Donate

Obama’s ‘Moderate’ Syrian Deception

Obama’s ‘Moderate’ Syrian Deception

Gareth Porter

Secretary of State John Kerry insisted at the Munich Security Conference on Saturday that the agreement with Russia on a temporary halt in the war in Syria can only be carried out if Russia stops its airstrikes against what Kerry is now calling “legitimate opposition groups.”

Gareth Porter lays it all out in this very thorough piece, as he usually does. This and most wars are based on "deception intended to mislead public opinion".

The Syrian civil war is an atrocity that just keeps on slaughtering/displacing innocents with little real "truth" revealed by "officials" or corporate media. The legacy of "Dubya" Bush & Co's Iraq's destruction/destabilization has born this hideous fruit, vicious, depraved and diseased in the extreme and all involved are guilty.

In addition to Syrian deception, we may be witnessing deception in Obama's "moderate" scotus nominee as well.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2794392/sri-srinivasan-antonin-scalia/

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives."

--From War is a Racket by Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler (1935)

“Legitimate opposition groups” now gets added to the lexicon of disgusting war euphemisms created by Washington to justify a policy of regime change, endless war and the continued flow of arms into these troubled regions. Move aside, Collateral Damage, War to end all Wars, Humanitarian War, and welcome Legitimate Opposition Groups.

America needs to quit being the enabler and get the hell out.

Washington is not being played nor or they being a willing dupe. They know exactly what they get and want when they arm Al Nusra and ISIS and Al Queda.

Washington is the one that is "playing " those same groups and will turn on them when it politically advantageous.

US hypocrisy, deceit, and outright lies on ME regional conflicts are beyond all notions of common decency. Beside arming belligerents in the current Syrian civil/religious war, the US under "Dubya" destroyed/destabilized Iraq creating Sunni Daesh/IS, Libya under Obama/Clinton, countenanced/supports Israeli occupation and war crimes in Lebanon and Gaza, supports El Sisi & the vicious Egyptian military dictatorship's war on all dissent & democratic processes, supports, encourages, and arms Saudi (Sunni) war criminals in Yemen, ignores (or is impotent to affect) Turkey's/Erdogan's duplicitous attacks on US ally, the Kurds while arming/abetting Daesh/IS in Syria......the depraved despicable game is war itself, and as usual millions die & suffer while a few profit, and Obama&Co (including RepubliCons) are in it up to their necks!

The only beneficial thing arguably accomplished beside destruction, slaughter of innocents and destabilization in the ME is the 6 nation deal ending sanctions on Iran for a nuclear weapons program, even given nuclear-armed Israel's threats of war, BS propaganda, and fear-mongering.

http://harpers.org/blog/2014/05/manufactured-crisis-the-untold-story-of-the-iran-nuclear-scare/ - another great piece by Gareth Porter

Legitimate opposition groups?

Most people that comment on this thread know that is total BS!

The only reason they are called " legitimate" is because they are terrorist groups that are Amerika's terrorists!

Enabler??? Surely you mean "instigator." We own the debacle in the Mid East. All part of a plan that continues today. Let the war crime trials begin.

But there ARE unintended consequences, blowback, and the law of karma all at work.

Some of the You Tube experts (those never allowed on the MSM) are saying that Russia is working the hardest to stabilize the region and that it's shown its hand in the way of some very unique weapons' systems. Apparently, these are more advanced than those in use by our nation's very own darling MIC criminal war profiteer/elite.

I know you have mentioned Edgar Cayce and I just happened to read some stuff about him.

It claimed he predicted a ww3 which would be a bankers war in order to protect financial interests and would start in the Middle East after unrest in Libya , Egypt and Syria.

Apparently he also predicted that Russia would defend freedom and liberty

When will enough American citizens take to the street in sufficient numbers to demand an end to our foreign wars and get results!

You don't have to be a cheerleader for empire to be doubtful of the claim that "Russian-Syrian success offers the most realistic prospect for an end to the bloodletting in Syria", given the toll taken on civilian lives by those forces.

Every "player" here has blood drenched hands, and realpolitik ignores the stench.

No, I don't have the answer, but I'll be damned if that will deter me from asking questions that arise from conscience.

The MIC machine has killed more people since 911, not counting the deaths from the inexcusable invasion of Vietnam and the hundreds of thousands in Central and S America, than the ovens of Hitler ' s Germany (this is not to omit the horrendous destruction of too many societies and people's lives around the world to even try to count). As Siouxrose1 enumerates, karma is nothing to be discounted. Most of us are good people who have been taken along and have been financing a ride from hell.

hundreds of millions of funds sent to the phantoms. who really has the US taxpayer funds?

Most Americans do not walk or drive to large streets or avenues. Perhaps there can be cyber substitutes for the city or town squares. I doubt people are going to go to major interstates to protest. They might not have anywhere to park and their cars could be towed. That's expensive.