Home | About | Donate

Obama's Historic Hiroshima Visit Underscores Nuclear Hypocrisy

Obama's Historic Hiroshima Visit Underscores Nuclear Hypocrisy

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

President Barack Obama on Friday will become the first sitting U.S. president to visit to Hiroshima, Japan—a visit, according to anti-nuclear campaigners, that "rings hollow without far bolder efforts to rid the world of nuclear weapons."

The Hiroshima visit is a distraction from the true purpose of Obama's week in Asia...promoting his TPP.

Thanks for this clear vision Andrea. The utter failure of world leaders to continue on the path of nuclear disarmament, and taking moral responsibility for the past, especially Prez Obama, is a betrayal of all that has gone before - His action "rings hollow without far bolder efforts to rid the world of nuclear weapons."
Our world descends further into endless war and conflict, inflicting hideous atrocities on innocents, and "we" collectively as a world, and world "leaders" cannot grasp the mantle of moral courage.........if ever the ignorance of "leaders" accepts the old belief that nuclear war can be even considered, we are all lost.

Charlatans and posers - political creatures, men and women, with little or no moral courage or sense of history rule the roost but contribute little of real leadership worthy of the term.

The hypocrisy of the whole nuclear question is this....we have one, we've used it, but nobody else can have one. In a perfect world, mankind would evolve to the point of being able to have an intelligent conversation about how to make peace and not war. The horrors of nuclear bombs are real and have been witnessed. Is hate in the world so strong and pervasive that people would rather end the world than coexist? I am a child of the 60's, whose father fought in WWII and the Korean conflict. I love my country. I was taught that dropping the bomb ended the war and saved lives. Why are we repeating the same mistakes? Why risk ourselves being annihilated over a difference of opinion? Imagine....

You raise the old the old rather dead-than-red argument. Answer: if one ain't dead one can kill a red. But if one is dead one is dead for a very long time.

(with apologies to Jesse Jackson)

When a president who for the previous seven years has behaved like a sock puppet trying to accommodate an opposition determined to disrupt everything he proposes, suddenly finds his spine, what time is it?
It's legacy time!!!

When a president who announced his determination to close the Guantanamo prison still hasn't done so for the past going on 8 years then goes to Havana to make nice with the Castro family government, what time is it?
It's legacy time!!!

When a president who used the occasion of receiving a Nobel peace prize to announce the expansion of the war in Afghanistan then goes to Hiroshima to talk about peace and happy children playing unafraid, what time is it?
It's legacy time!!!
It's legacy time!!!
It's legacy time!!!