Home | About | Donate

Obama's Interior Department Pushes Oil Shale Plan Threatening Massive Climate Pollution, Water Use

Obama's Interior Department Pushes Oil Shale Plan Threatening Massive Climate Pollution, Water Use

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah - The Bureau of Land Management announced this week that it is moving toward allowing dirty oil shale development that could be a double whammy for the environment, unleashing nearly a half a billion tons of greenhouse gases and consuming vast amounts Colorado River basin water. It would be the first commercial oil shale production facility in the United States.

###

My Gawd, how much sicker can we get? There is no water here in the Southwest. We are drying up and blowing away and who wants the filthy oil anyway? Didn't we just fight of keystone? BLM, Bureau of Lame Mismanagement. They all ought to be fired, lock, stock and barrel. This land out here looks ruff and tuff but in fact it is very fragile, one foot print can last for years. I'll stop now, my head might explode.

Apparently, after over seven years, these green groups still haven't "gotten the memo" that this is emblematic of Dear Misleader's "climate legacy".